[Q] SPH-l600 4.4.2 OTA/Flash leaves me with no OS.

Search This thread

zay2046

Jul 3, 2014
A couple weeks ago sprint sent the OTA for the SPH-l600. Well short story it left me with no OS and stuck in a boot loop. I had to quick start my education in custom roms because all other options to get my phone back to stock were out. The thing is i tried so many times to flash the NE4 update to my phone to get back on stock since i can not downgrade but when ever i do i get boot looped again with no OS. I searched the forum and haven't found a solution for this problem. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated and i apologize for posting a new thread if there is a fix already posted. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bensey

Dec 6, 2013
same here

A couple weeks ago sprint sent the OTA for the SPH-l600. Well short story it left me with no OS and stuck in a boot loop. I had to quick start my education in custom roms because all other options to get my phone back to stock were out. The thing is i tried so many times to flash the NE4 update to my phone to get back on stock since i can not downgrade but when ever i do i get boot looped again with no OS. I searched the forum and haven't found a solution for this problem. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated and i apologize for posting a new thread if there is a fix already posted. thanks in advance.

Are you still having this issue, did you find a solution? The same issue happened to me and I've everything I can to get it back. The phone even went into KNOX 0x1 after the install.

zay2046

Jul 3, 2014
Are you still having this issue, did you find a solution? The same issue happened to me and I've everything I can to get it back. The phone even went into KNOX 0x1 after the install.

i have not found a solution as of yet. I have found a stock recovery that I flashed and it works but its not helping the situation after trying to adb the NE4 .img files. I even tried TWRP sideload. I unzipped the NE4 update but the files just don't seem to work. I downloaded over and over again but it just wont in install. And yes i also went into KNOX 0x1 after that OTA. I am Trying to find a way to flash the boot.img from the 4.4.2 Firmware. tried a few methods that haven't worked. hopefully i can piece the missing parts together and see what i come with. there seems to be no DEV's for the SPH-l600 so im on trial and error. I have my phone up so I can still do the normal. Just want my lte and spark back. My Navi's been crap every since.

bensey

Dec 6, 2013
i have not found a solution as of yet. I have found a stock recovery that I flashed and it works but its not helping the situation after trying to adb the NE4 .img files. I even tried TWRP sideload. I unzipped the NE4 update but the files just don't seem to work. I downloaded over and over again but it just wont in install. And yes i also went into KNOX 0x1 after that OTA. I am Trying to find a way to flash the boot.img from the 4.4.2 Firmware. tried a few methods that haven't worked. hopefully i can piece the missing parts together and see what i come with. there seems to be no DEV's for the SPH-l600 so im on trial and error. I have my phone up so I can still do the normal. Just want my lte and spark back. My Navi's been crap every since.

Can you tell me what you did and used to get the recovery to work? I have tried everything possible and still only getting to the Samsung Mega screen, then it reboots. I can't even get into a stock recovery I have to flash philz , but still no luck

zay2046

Jul 3, 2014
Can you tell me what you did and used to get the recovery to work? I have tried everything possible and still only getting to the Samsung Mega screen, then it reboots. I can't even get into a stock recovery I have to flash philz , but still no luck

I've been using philz too. Here is the recovery. I flashed it with Odin.

Attachments

• recovery.tar.md5.zip
    241 bytes · Views: 79
Last edited: