[Q] HELP! HTC One LED dim problem [VIDEO EXAMPLE]

Search This thread

Daman09

Apr 24, 2012
So, I haven't noticed until recently, but the LED notification light on my HTC One has become incredibly dim. I thought this was initially due to wear on the device, but I recently discovered that the LED becomes its old self for a few seconds when you charge it with the power off.

Can anyone help me make the LED burn as brightly as it did when I first bought it? I'm uploading a video example of this in action.

http://youtu.be/69LnDOXBluY (You may need to watch in HD due to the low light)

As you can tell from the video, there is something in that initial "Oh, it's time to charge" screen that makes the LED operate normally, then when the screen flashes, it goes back to being barely visible.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I just recently did a full GPE conversion on my phone, and before this on the custom rom I was using, I didn't have a screen or LED showing the device was charging when it was powered off, leading to this recent discovery, despite the LED being dim for quite a while in normal usage.

andresmor

Jun 23, 2013
Bogota
Same Issue!!!!!

So, I haven't noticed until recently, but the LED notification light on my HTC One has become incredibly dim. I thought this was initially due to wear on the device, but I recently discovered that the LED becomes its old self for a few seconds when you charge it with the power off.

Can anyone help me make the LED burn as brightly as it did when I first bought it? I'm uploading a video example of this in action.

(You may need to watch in HD due to the low light)

As you can tell from the video, there is something in that initial "Oh, it's time to charge" screen that makes the LED operate normally, then when the screen flashes, it goes back to being barely visible.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I just recently did a full GPE conversion on my phone, and before this on the custom rom I was using, I didn't have a screen or LED showing the device was charging when it was powered off, leading to this recent discovery, despite the LED being dim for quite a while in normal usage.

I have EXACTLY the same issue with my One M7.
Someone Can help us? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

DEFNUB

Nov 7, 2009
Damn I was also looking for a solution. I had a htc one with huge gaps that I exchanged the led on that unit would light up rooms in pitch darkness. On my new one it's super dim

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Found something interesting that I'm going to try .. check it out androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/570438-proximity-sensor-always.html

Reilly9

Jul 21, 2013
Armagh
True. I used a fine paint brush to clean both grills. I noticed a huge increase in volume, and the LED was much brighter.