[HOW-TO][UNOFFICIALY] BlackRose HBOOT from Incredible S

Search This thread

Whoareyou

Okay, so, incase anyone is wondering, I took the liberty of testing it, and VIVO (Incredible S) HBOOTs work fine on the VIVO_W

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What is BlackRose HBOOT?, See here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1509236

Proof:

attachment.php

How To (This is how I did it, if there is a simpler way, please tell me) :

Step 1: First off, Gain S-OFF using AlphaRev

Step 2a: Flash the "vivo_downgrade.img" via fastboot "fastboot flash hboot vivo_downgrade.img"

Step 2b: Flash the VIVO Engineering HBOOT "fastboot flash hboot vivo_enghboot.img"

Step 3: Flash BlackRose HBOOT from IncS "fastboot flash hboot hboot_blackrose.img"

Step 4: Enjoy ENG commands and other great features on the latest Inc S hboot, and retain S-OFF

Attachments

• hboot_blackrose.img
    1 MB · Views: 234
  • vivo_downgrade.img
    1 MB · Views: 201
  • vivo_enghboot.img
    1 MB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0028.png
    IMAG0028.png
    227.7 KB · Views: 2,362
Last edited:

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
OK I've been here for bit n still can't understand why it would need a different bootloader? Dinc2 have tins of available memory n with S off its fully flashable. Maybe a a missed the memo but help fill us in please? What advantage will this bring n extra feature will occur?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: felixjohan

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit
OK I've been here for bit n still can't understand why it would need a different bootloader? Dinc2 have tins of available memory n with S off its fully flashable. Maybe a a missed the memo but help fill us in please? What advantage will this bring n extra feature will occur?

Also i believe blackrose changes system partition too, something to do with newer roms , check out op in viper
Thread , nits had to do something to the data and systems folders . you can find out more on the incS dev thread

This has the engineering hboot commands like changing mid and serial #, and other things I don't understand

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: FordNate

lightninjay

Mar 8, 2008
I've been hacking phones for a while, back since I used windows mobile and also had a razor v3. From what I've read and understood about the engineering and custom bootloaders, they get us one step closer to being able to load custom firmware (not just android) on our phones, such as full operating systems (linux, windows, etc). Also, it gives us the potential to meddle with things like Whoareyou mentioned, the serial IDs and MEIDs, which aren't LEGALLY allowed to be changed because they are assigned to each individual device. The holy grail of utilities is the simunlock command for those with locked incredible 2's who don't want to purchase the unlock code from some potentially unreliable sources. It should be able to go in and load a flag to unlock the sim card to be usable on other carriers.

EDIT:

In doing more reading on the BlackRose page specifically, the developer had already begun discussion about loading alternate bootloaders to potentially load things like Windows phone 7 and other operating systems, but with this bootloader, you should also be able to use the full list of commands listed here:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach.../2/8/8/7/EVO3D_Extended_Fastboot_Commands.txt

Keep in mind, those codes ARE only confirmed for the EVO3D. Nobody has done this sort of thing with the Incredible 2 yet (to my knowledge) so much of this is dark waters for us.

Last edited:

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
I've been hacking phones for a while, back since I used windows mobile and also had a razor v3. From what I've read and understood about the engineering and custom bootloaders, they get us one step closer to being able to load custom firmware (not just android) on our phones, such as full operating systems (linux, windows, etc). Also, it gives us the potential to meddle with things like Whoareyou mentioned, the serial IDs and MEIDs, which aren't LEGALLY allowed to be changed because they are assigned to each individual device. The holy grail of utilities is the simunlock command for those with locked incredible 2's who don't want to purchase the unlock code from some potentially unreliable sources. It should be able to go in and load a flag to unlock the sim card to be usable on other carriers.

EDIT:

In doing more reading on the BlackRose page specifically, the developer had already begun discussion about loading alternate bootloaders to potentially load things like Windows phone 7 and other operating systems, but with this bootloader, you should also be able to use the full list of commands listed here:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach.../2/8/8/7/EVO3D_Extended_Fastboot_Commands.txt

Keep in mind, those codes ARE only confirmed for the EVO3D. Nobody has done this sort of thing with the Incredible 2 yet (to my knowledge) so much of this is dark waters for us.

Link is 410 - Gone code?? yeah got me on that one too. Since my Indestructible2 is not my DD and just sits there (looking sad but running KK at least on a wifi network) I might look more into this. I'd love for it to become a "hot" phone.

ahmadmalik88

Aug 14, 2012
New York
My recovery partition has failed after flashing this. Tried all available recoveries. Flashing is successful but rebooting to recovery always gives an eternal white HTC screen. Anyone else facing this issue?

Whoareyou

Yes, I just experienced that, not sure why it does that, to get into recovery just switch back to the vivo downgrade hboot using the dd command from adb or terminal

I think recoveries need to be updated to support blackrose but im not really sure

Reactions: bsmitty83

Whoareyou

I am stuck on 2.3.3 with no root. So there is no question of terminal commands.
Is there any other way to switch back the hboot?

Have you tried rooting without recovery, like temproot with superoneclick?

You have to use dd to revert be a use blackrose has hboot downgrade prevention

Last edited:

TheGingerSage

Dec 22, 2012
Dead & Alone ?⚰️?
Please Help

After installing BlackRose my rom wouldnt boot and I tried to boot into recovery but I get stuck at the HTC white screen. Then I tried to flash hboot but it says cant roll back version, and I cant do this "dd if=/sdcard/hboot.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18" because my rom wont boot. Then I tried installing an RUU and it works but it doesnt overwrite BlackRose, and I tried the dd command and it says permission denied so I tried to root my RUU but that requires custom recovery... Is there any way to fix this I fixed it

Last edited:

casseer15

Aug 20, 2012
Panadura
after installing blackrose my rom wouldnt boot and i tried to boot into recovery but i get stuck at the htc white screen. Then i tried to flash hboot but it says cant roll back version, and i cant do this "dd if=/sdcard/hboot.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18" because my rom wont boot. Then i tried installing an ruu and it works but it doesnt overwrite blackrose, and i tried the dd command and it says permission denied so i tried to root my ruu but that requires custom recovery... Is there any way to fix this i fixed it

please tell me how

skeji

May 3, 2014
lagos
i touched it first... just saying...
downed nothing n did nothing to my dinc2 from gere. i got all i needed to know

pleas am having blackrose hboot issue on my incredible 2 because I first thought it was incredeble s but after hboot upgrade and radio refuse to upgrade that discover its incredible 2 but I can enter recovery mode and have tried returning to stock hboot but all hboot say bypassed in bootloader please help me I don't have pc that I can use to run commands .

thanks.

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
pleas am having blackrose hboot issue on my incredible 2 because I first thought it was incredeble s but after hboot upgrade and radio refuse to upgrade that discover its incredible 2 but I can enter recovery mode and have tried returning to stock hboot but all hboot say bypassed in bootloader please help me I don't have pc that I can use to run commands .

thanks.

i no longer have this phone. Should've read before you had an issue

skeji

May 3, 2014
lagos
After installing BlackRose my rom wouldnt boot and I tried to boot into recovery but I get stuck at the HTC white screen. Then I tried to flash hboot but it says cant roll back version, and I cant do this "dd if=/sdcard/hboot.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18" because my rom wont boot. Then I tried installing an RUU and it works but it doesnt overwrite BlackRose, and I tried the dd command and it says permission denied so I tried to root my RUU but that requires custom recovery... Is there any way to fix this I fixed it

please how did u manage to fix it.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so, incase anyone is wondering, I took the liberty of testing it, and VIVO (Incredible S) HBOOTs work fine on the VIVO_W

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is BlackRose HBOOT?, See here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1509236

Proof:

attachment.php

How To (This is how I did it, if there is a simpler way, please tell me) :

Step 1: First off, Gain S-OFF using AlphaRev

Step 2a: Flash the "vivo_downgrade.img" via fastboot "fastboot flash hboot vivo_downgrade.img"

Step 2b: Flash the VIVO Engineering HBOOT "fastboot flash hboot vivo_enghboot.img"

Step 3: Flash BlackRose HBOOT from IncS "fastboot flash hboot hboot_blackrose.img"

Step 4: Enjoy ENG commands and other great features on the latest Inc S hboot, and retain S-OFF
    Lol I wouldn't of touched this with a ten foot pole and some one else's phone

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

Also i believe blackrose changes system partition too, something to do with newer roms , check out op in viper
    Thread , nits had to do something to the data and systems folders . you can find out more on the incS dev thread

This has the engineering hboot commands like changing mid and serial #, and other things I don't understand

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Yes, I just experienced that, not sure why it does that, to get into recovery just switch back to the vivo downgrade hboot using the dd command from adb or terminal

I think recoveries need to be updated to support blackrose but im not really sure