[Guide]Battery Calibration HTC Desire X/XDS

Search This thread

Gaurav619

Jun 3, 2012
Delhi - NCR
Hyy Guys,,This is my first thread for Htc Desire X Forum
I was facing some battery issues from a past few days,I tried many ways and found that this way is the Best

So now I'm sharing it with you... :)

Note: I am not responsible for whatever you do to your phone.
Follow Instructions Carefully...

This method is tested by me and it works fine if followed carefully...

Here You Go -->>

-> Charge phone to 100%
-> Restart phone
-> Wait 15-20 min after you are sure it is 100% (charger should stay plugged in)
-> Now Download Battery Calibrator App from Here
-> Open the app and tap on "Calibrate" (It will need root access).
-> Now restart the Device, and Get ready to unplug the phone and then remove the battery instantly and the phones screen goes off(Note: You have to remove AC Adaptor and Battery after the phone's screen goes off and before it starts again)
-> Then press thew power key for 5 seconds to be sure to remove the small amount of current is left in the device, Wait 30 seconds and replace battery
-> Allow phone to boot
-> Run through ENTIRE CHARGE (COMPLETELY DISCHARGE) the battery (whether normal usage or looped media files whatever you have time for)
-> Restart phone to be sure it is totally dead
-> Charge fully one more time

You should be good to go! :fingers-crossed: :D

Use this to quickly discharge your battery, Click Me

""When I talk of charging it is highly highly recommended you use the AC adaptor and charge with phone off for absolute best results.""

If any queries, You can ask them below...

Hit Thanks Button... :p

Credits

Reactions: vikkolts and Mr.Jay

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Our battery is poor...And did you read that in wildfire forum ? Cuz I read it on bg forum and many users try it until somene told us that this trick is ONLY for old phones :D and some that got battery issue :D (Like if ur battry draining imidiadly on 97% when you put it off of the charger)

Gaurav619

Jun 3, 2012
Delhi - NCR
This is the one the best tutorial for battery calibration..try it and then see

Sent from my HTC Desire X dual sim using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

albru123

Jun 2, 2013
Ostrava
Personally I wouldn't recommend this way. Because our battery is Li-Ion, total discharging changes battery capacity. However doing it once shouldn't change anything that much, that you will be able to see it.

vikkolts

Jul 17, 2013
Kyiv
Many DX died when they were discharged to 0%... So it is dangerous

Отправлено с моего HTC Desire X через Tapatalk

realCyphox

Apr 6, 2012
Germany
always thought that li-io-batterys are some kind of intelligent.

fully load, unload and again fully load your battery might work well for ni-mh batterys.

but for io-li batterys it doesnt, they just remember when they are charged/discharged, correct me if im wrong please.

as far as i remember i also did this kind of calibration some time ago , cause i didnt knew better, but as of now i guess it is not a good way for calibrating you batt?!

albru123

Jun 2, 2013
Ostrava
You're true. For Ni-Mh was recommend to totally discharge it to get full capacity from it.

If Li-Ion (not sure really for if Li-Ion) is dead, I saw some device that can ressurect it as defibrillator.

Result: Use at own risk only when really necessary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hyy Guys,,This is my first thread for Htc Desire X Forum
    I was facing some battery issues from a past few days,I tried many ways and found that this way is the Best

So now I'm sharing it with you... :)

Note: I am not responsible for whatever you do to your phone.
    Follow Instructions Carefully...

This method is tested by me and it works fine if followed carefully...

Here You Go -->>

-> Charge phone to 100%
    -> Restart phone
    -> Wait 15-20 min after you are sure it is 100% (charger should stay plugged in)
    -> Now Download Battery Calibrator App from Here
    -> Open the app and tap on "Calibrate" (It will need root access).
    -> Now restart the Device, and Get ready to unplug the phone and then remove the battery instantly and the phones screen goes off(Note: You have to remove AC Adaptor and Battery after the phone's screen goes off and before it starts again)
    -> Then press thew power key for 5 seconds to be sure to remove the small amount of current is left in the device, Wait 30 seconds and replace battery
    -> Allow phone to boot
    -> Run through ENTIRE CHARGE (COMPLETELY DISCHARGE) the battery (whether normal usage or looped media files whatever you have time for)
    -> Restart phone to be sure it is totally dead
    -> Charge fully one more time

You should be good to go! :fingers-crossed: :D

Use this to quickly discharge your battery, Click Me

""When I talk of charging it is highly highly recommended you use the AC adaptor and charge with phone off for absolute best results.""

If any queries, You can ask them below...

Hit Thanks Button... :p

Credits
    This way of cabliration is almost dangerous for our phone :eek: