[Q] Please help. Need to downgrade

Search This thread

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
Also i have a question. Is it possible to flash this modem in the into the stock rom so that if i have a soft brick this could be my stock rom wit the modem already in it? i had the "hard brick" and when i recovered i had no modem after flashing stock rom again.

TTmaster99

Aug 4, 2007
Does this work if i was on MJ4 stock before the update?

Just do what I mentioned and you'll get service right after you restart. I was on MJ4 just like you, then I got excited about this KIT KAT and did an upgrade. After the upgrade, I completely lost signal. Then I flashed this MI3 modem as suggested by someone and got my service back.

After I got back to MI3 modem, my service is back to normal. I didnt even bother updating it back to MJ4. MI3 seem to work fine and dandy to me. IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
Just do what I mentioned and you'll get service right after you restart. I was on MJ4 just like you, then I got excited about this KIT KAT and did an upgrade. After the upgrade, I completely lost signal. Then I flashed this MI3 modem as suggested by someone and got my service back.

After I got back to MI3 modem, my service is back to normal. I didnt even bother updating it back to MJ4. MI3 seem to work fine and dandy to me. IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!
True but i don't have data.. Only call and text and i have the right plan with my service provider

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shyne888,

You're on Boost Mobile right? You upgrade to 4.4.2 and you have completely no signal right? You can't go back to older bootloader, samsung made sure of that.

But you can downgrade your MODEM to get the signal back.

This is stock MI3 modem for SM-N900P Model. http://goo.gl/W0f3Za
    This might help as well. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672102

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    I haven't been able to attempt this yet as i still have a few questions. All i need to know is what slot the modem goes in in Odin. Some thing are saying that Odin is not the best to flash the modem. Is this information true and the file that was provided: would it be compatible with 4.4.2 stock that came from MJ4

Someone said Mobile Odin is not recommended for flashing modems. You should be using PC Odin to attempt this.

And...why do you need to know into what slot a modem goes?

I believe that the files that are part of this process are bootloaders, tar roms and pit files (if you're going from 4.3 to 4.4.2). Bootloader is contained in the complete rom builds NAB, NA4 and MJ4. No modem. The bootloader, if using, goes on bootloader slot. Rom goes in PDA slot.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Someone said Mobile Odin is not recommended for flashing modems. You should be using PC Odin to attempt this.

And...why do you need to know into what slot a modem goes?

I believe that the files that are part of this process are bootloaders, tar roms and pit files (if you're going from 4.3 to 4.4.2). Bootloader is contained in the complete rom builds NAB, NA4 and MJ4. No modem. The bootloader, if using, goes on bootloader slot. Rom goes in PDA slot.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    My phone came on 4.3. But I'm already on 4.4.2. My problem was that updating to the Kit Kat update on a Sprint MVNO network would knock out service. And i have done a lot to try and fix this phone for the last week and this is the only thing that worked to get the service back. Two store i took the phone to couldn't get it to work. My question now is: Would this be the best modem for me to be on?