Trouble updating to 4.4.3

Search This thread

LuUrenDrEyeR

Jan 2, 2014
Hi Guy, and thanks for a lovely forum.

I'm currently running 4.4.2 on my Nexus 5 rooted and with Exposed Installer and GravityBox[KK] (which has a modify kernel for the Exposed installer). I want to install the new OTA-update (4.4.3) but the installation always get aborted (unexpected counting) or something. Dose The EI and GB[KK] interfere with the update process or by the modify kernel or both?

Do I need to uninstall EI and GB[KK], unroot the Nexus 5? In that case, how? Or do a factory reset or di I need to install totally back to stock 4.4.3?
I'm running a Mac (the only computer i own, and I have on internet connection at home so I use my Nexus 5's 3G and use hotspot to the Mac so it's not possible to install ROM's/update via my Mac cause then I will not have an internet connection during the installation process).
Is it possible to return back to stock on my Mac? In case how?

Dose anyone know how to fix this problem or are able to help me solve this problem? All answers are appreciated. I really need to get the 4.4.3 update. It dose not matter if I need to do a full "wipe"/factory reset, I have everything backup.

//David

Last edited:

LuUrenDrEyeR

Jan 2, 2014
This was created for people in your situation
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53109563

Also, see this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47369234
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the quick reply!

I do not fully understand the instructions for the Mac. I'm not so femilier with the terminal commands. Do I need to install adb and fastboot on me Mac also?
Do you think that you can help me understand a little better or go through with the steps?

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Thanks for the quick reply!

I do not fully understand the instructions for the Mac. I'm not so femilier with the terminal commands.
Do you think that you can help me understand a little better or go through with the steps?

Google 15 second adb drivers xda. That should set up adb/fastboot that'll you'll need. Then extract the file and just double click on the flash-all.sh

Reactions: LuUrenDrEyeR

LuUrenDrEyeR

Jan 2, 2014
Try googling fastboot osx xda

Hi again!

I manage to the part where you use commands for test if the Mac detected my Nexus 5 but I get error massage:

"macbook:android Macbook2$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
044d1ff7251a31c9 unauthorized"

What seems to be the trouble?

Top Liked Posts