[Q] HTC One boot loop

Search This thread

samp94

Apr 21, 2010
Hi hopefully someone can help me out here.

My HTC One is running Android Revolution HD 41.0, TWRP 2.6.3.3. Last night for no apparent reason the phone shut down, when i tried to power it back on it was caught in a boot loop, getting no further than the HTC logo screen. I can get into the bootloader by holding the volume down key but not recovery. This morning it powered on fine and I have been using it for a few hours today - the phone lost charge and I am now in the same situation again. The only way i can get into recovery is by reflashing using fastboot then immediately booting into it. I can only access the recovery once per flash. Whilst in recovery i attempted to backup the phone and it once again shut down (17% charge at this point).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I attempt to reflash the ROM from the recovery? Or try another recovery as there seems to be an issue with the recovery partition also.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

My HTC One is running Android Revolution HD 41.0, TWRP 2.6.3.3. Last night for no apparent reason the phone shut down, when i tried to power it back on it was caught in a boot loop, getting no further than the HTC logo screen. I can get into the bootloader by holding the volume down key but not recovery. This morning it powered on fine and I have been using it for a few hours today - the phone lost charge and I am now in the same situation again. The only way i can get into recovery is by reflashing using fastboot then immediately booting into it. I can only access the recovery once per flash. Whilst in recovery i attempted to backup the phone and it once again shut down (17% charge at this point).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I attempt to reflash the ROM from the recovery? Or try another recovery as there seems to be an issue with the recovery partition also.

I would RUU back to stock and see if the recovery partition gets repaired look here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

Reactions: samp94

samp94

Apr 21, 2010
I still don't think i'm going to be able to s-off with rum runner as it requires the phone to be booted to andoid "Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled". I can't boot to android, do i have any other options?

Here's the output of fastboot getvar:

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.54.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 2.24.401.8
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno:
INFOimei:
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4016mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-d959c75800
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I still don't think i'm going to be able to s-off with rum runner as it requires the phone to be booted to andoid "Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled". I can't boot to android, do i have any other options?

Here's the output of fastboot getvar:

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.54.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 2.24.401.8
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno:
INFOimei:
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4016mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-d959c75800
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

and you are unable to flash or reflash a ROM?

samp94

Apr 21, 2010
and you are unable to flash or reflash a ROM?

I'm now unable to power the phone on, i've had it on charge for a few hours now and still nothing. Holding the power and volume down button doesn't work either. I was previously able to install new recovery images but flashing a new ROM didn't work as I kept experiencing hanging issues in recover and the last ROM flash crashed TWRP.

I'm considering returning the phone as it is still within warranty but i'm worried i'll have trouble as it has been rooted. Does anyone have any experience of returning a rooted phone?

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
some workarounds

I'm now unable to power the phone on, i've had it on charge for a few hours now and still nothing. Holding the power and volume down button doesn't work either. I was previously able to install new recovery images but flashing a new ROM didn't work as I kept experiencing hanging issues in recover and the last ROM flash crashed TWRP.

I'm considering returning the phone as it is still within warranty but i'm worried i'll have trouble as it has been rooted. Does anyone have any experience of returning a rooted phone?

I am a newbie too but wanted to let everyone know concerning "not charging". I have seen where this is an issue with problem flashes and THIS can be resolved by having a wireless charging unit handy:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-...hone-Windows-or-BlackBerry-smartphone_id65805

And for us HTC users, problems have just become a mute point:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183023

:)

lee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would RUU back to stock and see if the recovery partition gets repaired look here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082