ROOT+SuperSU+Xposed P605 4.4.2 without tripping KNOX

Search This thread

kwyjibo83

Dec 24, 2009
Using an NE2 ROM right now with towelroot and XPosed.
Is it confirmed i can do this on NF2 without tripping Knox?

I want a clean install - should i uninstall Xposed / root?

Thanks

valexi

Sep 19, 2010
Kuopio
Yes, you can install NF2. With Odin update you loose root.

You can then perform the factory reset and root with towelroot.

KNOX will not trigger.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

kwyjibo83

Dec 24, 2009
Tried yourself?

Cause what i read / heard is 'Towelroot only works on kernel builds dated prior to June 3rd.'

NF2 is June 11, says Samfirmware.

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
I am considering buying this device and this procedure looks really great but I still have one question:
Is it possible to have a custom recovery (CWM or TWp) without tripping Knox warranty ??
If not is there another possibility of doing a nandroid backup/restore (Still w/o tripping Knox) ??
What about flashing a custom ROM (Still w/o tripping Knox) ??

Thanks in advance.

Vaira

Dec 25, 2010
I am considering buying this device and this procedure looks really great but I still have one question:
Is it possible to have a custom recovery (CWM or TWp) without tripping Knox warranty ??
If not is there another possibility of doing a nandroid backup/restore (Still w/o tripping Knox) ??

Thanks in advance.

These are interesting questions I also would like to know, since there are also a lot of unconfirmed rumors about KNOX.
Actually you could root the device with towel root and then install terminal emulator and busy box. After that you have the ability to use the needed commands like dd, format, mount and so on. One important question is still unanswered: Can a custom recovery be applied using dd command? AFAIK KNOX gets triggered when flashing an unsigned kernel through ODIN (recovery or OS), means here the bootloader has control. It is unclear which actions trigger KNOX when done on OS level (terminal emulator)...to remove system apps doen't seem to trigger it.

And I think to apply a custom ROM (I mean its files) should work when still using stock kernel....maybe somebody can add some comments / correct me if I am wrong...

Reactions: Tilagoon

koj012

Oct 25, 2010
I have installed towelroot on my 605 and not tripped knox. However, the build changed from 'official' to 'custom' . Tried to fake it back to official using wanam. However, when I checked for updates under settings. it says my device has been modified , there will be no ota updates.

Can anyone advice how to correct this situation?

Reactions: jaureguigon

kwyjibo83

Dec 24, 2009

Thanks in advance.

I'm using NE2 right now (not sure if NF2 can really be rooted, because the kernel is >June 3rd).

You can do CWM / TWRP Backups!
I rooted the NE2 ROM with towelroot and SuperSU.
Installed 'Online Nandroid Backup *ROOT' and BusyBox (Stephen) and there you go.
Still Official / Knox 0x0

Last edited:

valexi

Sep 19, 2010
Kuopio
I'm using NE2 right now (not sure if NF2 can really be rooted, because the kernel is >June 3rd).

Where did you find out that the kernel is beyond June 3rd? The ROM is released after June 3rd.

And how many times I have to tell you that towelroot works with the NF2. "English motherf**! Do you speak it?" Or maybe people just can't read?

And yes I have tried it and it works, many others have tried it and it works. I'm using NF2 and rooted, many others are using NF2 and are rooted with KNOX 0x0.
If you still are in doubt, I don't mind. It's not mine problem if you or someone else does not want to update (and/or) root NF2.

kwyjibo83

Dec 24, 2009
Where did you find out that the kernel is beyond June 3rd? The ROM is released after June 3rd.

And how many times I have to tell you that towelroot works with the NF2. "English motherf**! Do you speak it?" Or maybe people just can't read?

And yes I have tried it and it works, many others have tried it and it works. I'm using NF2 and rooted, many others are using NF2 and are rooted with KNOX 0x0.
If you still are in doubt, I don't mind. It's not mine problem if you or someone else does not want to update (and/or) root NF2.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...ve-and-maybe-almost-any-other-current-device/
'In fact, Geohot claims that any Android device with a kernel built before June 3rd (anything running 4.4.2 or lower, basically) should theoretically be rooted by Towelroot.'

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=32200
'Build date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:38:31 +0000'
Don't know what build date it is (kernel or ROM).

I don't see 'many others'.

Don't like forums? Don't visit them! It's just a question.

Last edited:

valexi

Sep 19, 2010
Kuopio
I don't see 'many others'.
First time mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54026986&postcount=4
Have you seen anyone complaining that it wouldn't work? There would be a sh*tstorm of complains if it wouldn't work or trip KNOX.
Don't like forums? Don't visit them! It's just a question.
I like forums, but I don't like when people are making assumptions, without any facts.

I also dont like to tell people over and over again same thing that has been solved and discussed before.

For sure I like this forum and I like to help people, but sometimes it's frustrating when people refuse to believe something, no matter how many times you tell them. :D

Last edited:

FletchNZ

Dec 1, 2010
Tauranga
Great thread to catch up on how to gain root without blowing your warranty.

One question I have is my tab is running this modem P605XXUBMJ4 (full detail on the device below), how do I know if this modem work with the Nordic NF2 modem P605XXUCNF2 I'm about to flash over? or is it a silly question and they all just work?

Edit: Tried it and it seems to work fine except i'm missing the write on keyboard. I figure if the worst happened I can downgrade.

Current Device:
Model: SM-P605
Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1750146
Build date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:41:57 +0000
Product Code: VNZ
PDA: P605XXUBMJ9
CSC: P605VNZBMK1
MODEM: P605XXUBMJ4

Last edited:

parcou

Jun 7, 2008
TN
Anyone confirm the Verizon LTE P605V model which I just bought that came with 442 NC2..???

I really want twrp and on other threads not this one steps to get twrp2701 all have failed in obin to flash... I am going back to read the OP again but curious on the P605V model

parcou

Jun 7, 2008
TN
Anyone confirm the Verizon LTE P605V model which I just bought that came with 442 NC2..???

I really want twrp and on other threads not this one steps to get twrp2701 all have failed in obin to flash... I am going back to read the OP again but curious on the P605V model

Anyone....with Verizon P605V can confirm after doing this they can obin twrp 2701...?

Verizon does not play fair locking boot loader...I bought mine with 442 and already have SU & root but I want a custom rom would like to know upgrading my NC2 firmware to the one post in OP (NE2) will let me go next step to flash twrp

popo72

Oct 18, 2011
Tested procedure on P605 LTE 32Gb ITV JB4.3 MJ9.
All worked flawless!!!...Installed NE2 + root + SU as guide on first post.....Also no wipe happened..I got back all app and settings! ;)

drasko85

Apr 11, 2012
stock recovery + zip file????

Is it possible to install zip file (I have in mind s5 mod for galaxy s4) with stock recovery without triggering knox???

regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The why

A lot of this has been said in other threads, however I decided to gather all the up-to-date (as of Jun 17, 2014) instructions and info in this thread to alleviate fears of the infamous 'KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0x1' and help people with the process. People with tripped KNOX can of course use this as well, however it won't untrip their devices, duh.

The cheers

First of all big cheers for Pinkie Pie (person who discovered the Linux kernel vulnerability that makes rooting without tripping KNOX possible), geohot (person that used the vulnerability to make a rooting app), chainfire (developer of SuperSU), rovo89 and Tungstwenty (developers of Xposed). Go and donate to these guys if you can!

The what

This post will tell you how to upgrade your P605 to 4.4.2, if you haven't already. And how to install SuperSU and Xposed all the while keeping your KNOX counter at 0x0, CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official and SYSTEM STATUS: Official!

Note: The versions in this text are just for reference - telling you what versions already worked. New ones will surely also work, so you should usually download the newest available.

The how

Firmware

Root

SuperSU
    • Version 1.99.rc5 from http://download.chainfire.eu/448/SuperSU/
    • Extract Superuser.apk (in 'common') from the zip, install and run
    • Answer yes to the Disable KNOX prompt (don't worry, KNOX will not be tripped)

Xposed

The victory

Congrats! Now you should be on a rooted, SuperSUed, Xposed KitKat with warranty left intact! However before sending it to Samsung, e.g., for repairs, you should flash your original firmware, of course.
    In other words, TowelRoot won't work on CNG1? If my P605 is on CNG1, can I simply flash it back CNF2 using ODIN, to use TowelRoot?

Take a look to my post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55377448&postcount=1 :laugh:
    SuperSU
    • Version 1.94 from Google Play (Jun 17, 2014)
    • Answer yes to the Disable KNOX prompt (don't worry, KNOX will not be tripped)
    • At the end it will say it failed, however it will be working!
    • If you are annoyed by the 'failed' message for some reason, download an updated version from http://download.chainfire.eu/448/SuperSU/ (you'll have to flash it manually though) which supposedly fixes it.

Just Download specified zip and extract superuser.apk from common folder and install as normal program, don't download play version
    Hello, i want to do this on clean tablet, so i want to do clean install , how can i clean it all had before, from odin? And is nee nordic kitkat rom suitable for all p605 , i am frightened about boatloader problem and soft brick before i done i wanted to ask. Thanks in advance.

You can wipe the tablet from recovery:
    1. Turn tablet off
    2. Turn it on holding Volume Up + Power Button until you see something on the screen
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Reboot

NEE will be fine for all P605, however I don't know if it works with something like P605V (US Verizon).
    I just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4.2 two days ago as soon as Samsung released 4.4.2 for my region (Malaysia).

When I click make it ra1n, I get "This phone isn't currently supported"
    :(:(:(
    TowelRoot 3.0
    P605XXUCNG1
    3.4.0-2955515
    KOT49H.P605XXUCNJ1
    MDF v1.0 Release 2

Have a look HERE, there is a procedure to do it :good: