Free Nokia Lumia 900 to trial

Search This thread

Maggot82

Oct 19, 2011
Telford
Hey boys and girls

im not sure if you know about this already or not but I got fed up with the whole Apple / Samsung court cases and chilsish behaviour, after tweeting @nokia they sent me this link - http://conversations.nokia.com/trial-a-nokia/

I filled it all out and guess what there sending me a new lumia 900 to play with how awesome is that ???? give it a shot

:)

cheers

Reactions: Sinbad_NI

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas

Maggot82

Oct 19, 2011
Telford
Hey, yeah I know its only for a few weeks but thats still pretty awesome and there is a chance that you get to keep one :)

Maggot82

Oct 19, 2011
Telford
It's a great marketing tool. People are edgy about WP7 (and I'm guessing 8.) and this is a great way for them to try it out. Microsoft should do something similar as well.

hey so I now have my brand new white lumia 900 and everything about it so far is brilliant. I'm only missing one app so far that being Sky +. I have the norms Facebook, twitter, foursquare, Skype IP con errors and a host of others. Its synced all my contacts ithout issue no duplicates. So far its all good :D

I will keep you updated

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
How long did it take you guys to hear back from nokia? Its taking forever for me...hope that doesn't mean i dont cut it. And with the announcement today, Nokia dropped the ball.

Maggot82

Oct 19, 2011
Telford
How long did it take you guys to hear back from nokia? Its taking forever for me...hope that doesn't mean i dont cut it. And with the announcement today, Nokia dropped the ball.

Hey Guys

All in all about 5/6 days in total, in really loving this phone its been awesome so far with everything I have asked of it, I highly reccomend you all at least have a go with one. I honestly think Windows Phone may be the way forward, Apple lost my interest a long time ago as they only ever seem to add a few new features with each release and not revamp the entire OS and lets face it the phones have pretty much stayed the same. As for Android well I do love it however maybe in just getting old because this Windows Oas just feels more professional and well just better !!!

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
Hey Guys

All in all about 5/6 days in total, in really loving this phone its been awesome so far with everything I have asked of it, I highly reccomend you all at least have a go with one. I honestly think Windows Phone may be the way forward, Apple lost my interest a long time ago as they only ever seem to add a few new features with each release and not revamp the entire OS and lets face it the phones have pretty much stayed the same. As for Android well I do love it however maybe in just getting old because this Windows Oas just feels more professional and well just better !!!

Did they email you first or did they just send you the phone?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Did they email you first or did they just send you the phone?

Well they dont have my address yet. Thats why i'm hoping that they will email me asking for it so they can ship it out. Its been 3 days now and i'm thinking that they didn't accept it.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
I signed up for this too :D I'm starting up a phone blog, so this will help me out a lot. If I may, I want to ask a question.
a
I'm currently an Android user, and looking to Windows Phone as my next OS. My device was recently stolen, so I'm looking to by a new device. But I have no idea which one to buy. Most windows devices look the same expect the Nokia 900. It's an amazing device. But what makes it difference between this device, and the Radar?

exiva

Jun 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
tmbl.in
I signed up for this too :D I'm starting up a phone blog, so this will help me out a lot. If I may, I want to ask a question.
a
I'm currently an Android user, and looking to Windows Phone as my next OS. My device was recently stolen, so I'm looking to by a new device. But I have no idea which one to buy. Most windows devices look the same expect the Nokia 900. It's an amazing device. But what makes it difference between this device, and the Radar?

The OS is the same. There are some Nokia exclusive apps for a short period of time, but that's about as far as the difference software wise goes between a Nokia and the Radar. The major difference between the Lumia and the Radar is the build quality. Everything after using the solid as a rock Lumia feels like crap.

busab

Jun 25, 2010
Greer, SC
I hope I get one. I really want to try out windows. That new lumia 920 is sick!

Maggot82

Oct 19, 2011
Telford
Hi guys they send you a form to fill out if they have chosen you, they have gave me another £10 free credit today they have been really good so far awesome in fact, I have never known a company to do anything like this before I think its brillaint, good luck to you all im sure they will be in touch soon :)

im really thinking I might get one of these phones to as they are great, I have had no issues yet at all everything about it is fantastic :)

Maggot82

Oct 19, 2011
Telford
OK

soooo been using this beast for a few days now not everything can be awesome so, im not a big fan of the camera i the dark it reminds me of a phone from 5 years ago the flash just isnt good enough to be fair, on the flip side in the middle of the day the camera is just as good as any other I have had good quality bright and well perfectly acceptable.

I have now came across a handful of apps that I cant find when I say handful I mean 2/3 literally that I would like but to be honest I can live without, Instagram , Sky + and the other escapes me right now.

the hardware on the phone is brilliant though, I think I will be moving to a Nokia very soon, the build quality is just amazing.

everything else is so far so good

oh one last thing for now, the windows phone marketplace, it seems to get a lot of grief from people for only having a few apps ??? I think theres over 100000 now compared with Apple and Android in the millions....... well this maybe true but looking at the apps on Android and then my windows market place well its an education. the amount of pure and utter crap found on the android play store is crazy half really is malware or just an app that well basically dont work.

all the apps I have really needed and are useful are found on the WP marketplace, when browsing the market place every app is of use or is popular and wanted by users there are no crappy apps for want of a better word..

with that said more updates will follow.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
OK

soooo been using this beast for a few days now not everything can be awesome so, im not a big fan of the camera i the dark it reminds me of a phone from 5 years ago the flash just isnt good enough to be fair, on the flip side in the middle of the day the camera is just as good as any other I have had good quality bright and well perfectly acceptable.

I have now came across a handful of apps that I cant find when I say handful I mean 2/3 literally that I would like but to be honest I can live without, Instagram , Sky + and the other escapes me right now.

the hardware on the phone is brilliant though, I think I will be moving to a Nokia very soon, the build quality is just amazing.

everything else is so far so good

oh one last thing for now, the windows phone marketplace, it seems to get a lot of grief from people for only having a few apps ??? I think theres over 100000 now compared with Apple and Android in the millions....... well this maybe true but looking at the apps on Android and then my windows market place well its an education. the amount of pure and utter crap found on the android play store is crazy half really is malware or just an app that well basically dont work.

all the apps I have really needed and are useful are found on the WP marketplace, when browsing the market place every app is of use or is popular and wanted by users there are no crappy apps for want of a better word..

with that said more updates will follow.

you're lucky...i tweeted @nokia and they said they escalted it and will get back to me whether i got it or not. Hope i did..i have a great app idea (its done..just needs testing on a windows phone :( )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey boys and girls

im not sure if you know about this already or not but I got fed up with the whole Apple / Samsung court cases and chilsish behaviour, after tweeting @nokia they sent me this link - http://conversations.nokia.com/trial-a-nokia/

I filled it all out and guess what there sending me a new lumia 900 to play with how awesome is that ???? give it a shot

:)

cheers
    Hey guys

so this is the last weekend with my Nokia, its been brilliant at everything I have needed so far and I will write a full review I guess after Wednesday when I send it back but just to give you a smile see the enclosed Image :)

Thanks Nokia :)