[APP] Tabletizer Alpha 4 (2013.03.02)

Search This thread

AuxLV

Apr 30, 2009
Riga
! WARNING !
This is Alpha version meaning app is in active development! It may contains lots of bugs and may damage your device! Use on your own risk! Always backup before using!

I'm proud to present you Tabletizer - one-click solution (someday in the future, more clicks today) to turn your phablet Nexus 7 in to a real tablet. It should work on any AOSP 4.2 based ROMs and original ROMs from Google. Your ROM should be deodexed and you should have TWRP/CWM installed. Root is not required :)

Installation:

1. Have your N7 charged to at least 30% - the process eats a lot of battery;
  2. Reboot to recovery;
  3. BACKUP!
  4. Reboot to OS;
  5. Install APK;
  6. Run Tabletizer and tap "Run Tabletizer" button (WARNING! Do not rotate device until process is finished!);
  7. Wait until !FINISH! message is shown or any error message appear;
  8. If you see error - send me a screenshot;
  9. If everything is OK - reboot to recovery;
  10. Install update.zip generated in /sdcard/data/tabletizer/temp;
  11. Reboot;
  12. ...
  13. PROFIT!

Uninstall:
  1. Reboot to recovery;
  2. Restore backup;
  3. Reboot to OS.

WIP.

Screenshot_2013-03-02-19-09-06.png
Screenshot_2013-03-02-19-09-23.png

Attachments

• TabletizerA4.apk
    788.3 KB · Views: 3,931
Last edited:

frap129

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2013
Just thought id point out a bug. Rotating the device stops the process/makes it invisible. ie; press run tabetizer, rotate the device, no text anymore just the run tabetizer button.

Nexus 7:
Unlock/Root
PRIME D
M-Kernel
PimpMyROM

AuxLV

Apr 30, 2009
Riga
Just thought id point out a bug. Rotating the device stops the process/makes it invisible. ie; press run tabetizer, rotate the device, no text anymore just the run tabetizer button.

Nexus 7:
Unlock/Root
PRIME D
M-Kernel
PimpMyROM

Don't rotate :) UI is not ready at all, sorry. BTW, rotating will cause patching run in background thread and you will not know when it stops.

liebowa

Aug 18, 2009
Patched, rebooted, installed update.zip, rebooted - and it looks great!

So, so far - so good!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this effort!!!!

Reactions: AuxLV
D

Deleted member 2943498

AW: [APP] Tabletizer Alpha 4 (2013.03.02)

Works without problems on cm 10.1 latest nightly.

lazaro17

Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
Just thought I should mention. Running the apk in landscape mode with full battery charge (not plugged into wall) caused the screen to timeout and the text of the process didn't scroll down. So now I can't see when the !FINISH text pops up. Figured I'd give it at least 20 minutes to be on the safe side.

How long does tabletizer usually take to finish the process?

Thanks for your work!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362268495656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362268495656.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,260

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
You are the man aux can't believe you got it working!! Gonna try it on aokp

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
My n7 took about 7-10 minutes to complete. I made sure to not let mine go to sleep (had the time out issue on his alpha3 version so knew better). Might want to add to the directions just to disable rotation and lengthen screen timeout.

Only oddity is it still goes back to default wallpaper (funky green grass) but that really affect nothing as you can then set the wallpaper as you desire after boot.

Excellent work, you da man!

On a side note, many status bar and notification drawer options in cm10.1 don't work, and tabletUI uses a different quick settings model so those don't work either. Please note, this is NOT a criticism of this mod or thought of as a bug. It is just an effect of enabling tabUI. To me I happily accept this trade off.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gianptune

Oct 10, 2010
It worked and I got a tablet UI (I'm running cm10.1 nightly). When I open notifications and press the button for "clear all", it clears them all. If I press that spot again after the notifications are clear, I get "Unfortunately System UI as stopped".

counterfeit187

Sep 15, 2010
Worked great for me. No fc's yet. Looks nice, especially with apex launcher in tablet mode. uploadfromtaptalk1362287676706.jpg

Edit: It seems to shave a bit off the sides of app icons in both home screen and app drawer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

AuxLV

Apr 30, 2009
Riga
On a side note, many status bar and notification drawer options in cm10.1 don't work, and tabletUI uses a different quick settings model so those don't work either. Please note, this is NOT a criticism of this mod or thought of as a bug. It is just an effect of enabling tabUI. To me I happily accept this trade off.

Yep, I know. Settings are per device in CM. If I had N10 I could port these parts easily :) Maybe I'll think about some way to make a proper settings.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

H84

Mar 9, 2012
jonkoping
i installed the alpha3 version,. and im wondering how to do if you going to uppdate too alpha4
do i have to do all the same again ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ! WARNING !
    This is Alpha version meaning app is in active development! It may contains lots of bugs and may damage your device! Use on your own risk! Always backup before using!

I'm proud to present you Tabletizer - one-click solution (someday in the future, more clicks today) to turn your phablet Nexus 7 in to a real tablet. It should work on any AOSP 4.2 based ROMs and original ROMs from Google. Your ROM should be deodexed and you should have TWRP/CWM installed. Root is not required :)

Installation:

1. Have your N7 charged to at least 30% - the process eats a lot of battery;
    2. Reboot to recovery;
    3. BACKUP!
    4. Reboot to OS;
    5. Install APK;
    6. Run Tabletizer and tap "Run Tabletizer" button (WARNING! Do not rotate device until process is finished!);
    7. Wait until !FINISH! message is shown or any error message appear;
    8. If you see error - send me a screenshot;
    9. If everything is OK - reboot to recovery;
    10. Install update.zip generated in /sdcard/data/tabletizer/temp;
    11. Reboot;
    12. ...
    13. PROFIT!

Uninstall:
    1. Reboot to recovery;
    2. Restore backup;
    3. Reboot to OS.

WIP.

Screenshot_2013-03-02-19-09-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-02-19-09-23.png
    Is this still being developed?

Yes, but I got heavily sick recently, sorry. Will make update next week...

Guys, I think I will rewrite Tabletizer as a cross-platform desktop app. Many ROMs have a lot of differences and patching everything becomes very hard on a limited hardware. Running the same on a desktop PC will result in a MUCH faster process with lots of options to add. This is how I see the process:

1. Connect your device to PC.
    2. Launch my app.
    3. App fetches system files from your device.
    4. Proper backup is created and maybe synced to GDrive/Dropbox/etc.
    5. System files are checked if any modifications needed.
    6. Changes are made and update.zip is created.
    7. Device is rebooted into recovery and update.zip is flashed.
    8. Reboot!
    9. Enjoy!

So, what do you think?
    Just want to say THANKS A MILLION for this. It is working perfectly. I am back to CM + Tablet UI happiness.

Will you be putting this in the app store? Would love to donate/ buy a premium version instantly as is in thanks of your work on this. EDIT : nm found donate link :D

Many sincere thanks for this. My Nexus is once again my "perfect" tablet.

I will be working on a proper UI next week, after that I will make improvements to patching code and then app will be released to market :)

Thanks for your donation!
    Hi, I'm not clear what this does exactly. I'm on Carbon Rom. Would it add features that are not in that Rom? If so, which ones?:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I don't know what features your ROM has, but this app add tablet UI to CM and stock ROMs.