[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.0 [11/07/2012 V3.05.x] [All Versions]

Search This thread

coolbird

Nov 11, 2007
Is there a way to boot a ROM slot into BP Tools mode for service programming purpose? When I pressed the Power + Vol up + Vol down keys and pick BP Tools, it went to the Safestrap menu, if I rebooted from inside the Safestrap, no diagnostic port would come up and QPST could not see the phone. Anyone knows a way around this? My phone is on prepaid, I really would like to know how to accomplish this. Thanks a lot!

densbusa

Dec 1, 2009
safestrap

I have a few things I'm going to try for the paid app fix.

Feel free to monitor the other thread or follow me on twitter for updates:
@hashcode0f

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2[/QU OTE]

This is not reall a reply , just a question about safestrap 3.11. i dropped my phone and now it won't boot past safestrap. i have reflashed through the excellent for noobs razr utility and that won't boot either. but if i reflash through the android recovery after the utility) i am able to boot. then root and put safestrap on again. do a restore of my old backup and i am back to not booting past safestrap again. any ideas would really be appreciated. thank you in advance.

May 23, 2011
Can not create rom slot

I've been on the JB leak since xmas...stock with root. Just installed Safestrap 3.11 and trying to create a rom slot. I backed up the stock rom but when I go to create a rom slot i'm not able to select the button to create it. Like it's grayed out if that makes sense.

What am I doing wrong?

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
Does anyone else see a blank/empty list when they navigate to sdcard1 in the file manager?

fegone

Nov 30, 2008
Multiboot recovery

Hi guys, thanks for the developpement. I have a razr hd xt925 (european) with retail jelly bean from Germany, rooted, bootloader unlocked, with CWM recovery. I installed safestrap3. Now I have the 2 recoveries :D and can try "any" rom without hassle.

Thanks to the people concerned.

archcantor

Feb 3, 2012
Bristol CT USA
if my Razr HD is running stock ICS ROM, can I flash JB based ROM to a rom slot and run it? Or I have to be on stock JB to do that.
I think if you do not have an unlocked bootloader and you are using Safestrap you can not mix ICS and JB versions inside of Safestrap. Once you upgrade your phone with JB your phone takes the JB kernel so all the other Safestrap ROM slots need to contain a JB ROM. If you are running ICS and Safestrap you can try any ICS ROM but not JB because your phone is running the ICS kernel. If you have an unlocked bootloader you have more flexibility because you can change the kernel along with the ROM. I am not an expert so if I am wrong hopefully someone will add to the discussion.

SoonerLater

Mar 11, 2011
Recovery Leads to Red Triangle Android Dude

I have installed Safestrap 3.12 from the link at the top of this thread on my Droid Razr Maxx running JB 4.1.2. After installation, I ran Safestrap and created a recovery without any reported errors. However, when I boot into recovery, I do not get the safestrap options/menu. Instead I get a little green Android dude with his torso door open and a red triangle with Exclamation Mark hovering over him. Eventually, the phone then boots normally. This is all that I see when I run SafeStrap:

TQlHkPc.png

What have I done wrong? How do I fix this?

I want to install CM 10.1, but I can't do jack until i get Safestrap running.

====================================

EDIT # 3

OK.... so I figured out that I can press Vol-Up and Vol-Down simultaneously when I see the half-dead Android with the red triangle and it will take me into recovery -- but it's not into SafeStrap's recovery. It's just the factory default recovery (Android System Recovery 3e).

Last edited:

an21281

I have installed Safestrap 3.12 from the link at the top of this thread on my Droid Razr Maxx running JB 4.1.2. After installation, I ran Safestrap and created a recovery without any reported errors. However, when I boot into recovery, I do not get the safestrap options/menu. Instead I get a little green Android dude with his torso door open and a red triangle with Exclamation Mark hovering over him. Eventually, the phone then boots normally. This is all that I see when I run SafeStrap:

TQlHkPc.png

What have I done wrong? How do I fix this?

I want to install CM 10.1, but I can't do jack until i get Safestrap running.

Did you install an older version of SS before? If so you need to click uninstall recovery in 3.12 and then uninstall the app itself in settings. Then install the older SS, open the app and click to uninstall. Then uninstall the old SS app in settings and reboot. Install 3.12apk, open up the app and click install recovery.
Also there is no special way to boot into SS, when you normally power on your phone a screen will pop up every time after the normal boot logo asking you to either hit recovery or continue to boot, within 10secs it continues by itself.
I think you may have tried to install the new SS 3.12 on top of the old one without actually hitting Uninstall Recovery in the older one first before you just uninstalled the apk itself.
You have to be on your stock slot to uninstall/install safestrap also... Not on a rom slot.

SoonerLater

Mar 11, 2011
I'm still rooted. I have verified that. However, I did not uninstall in the manner instructed, so that's my fault.

In the meantime, out of frustration, I uninstalled Safestrap (from within the app and from the app uninstaller), rebooted and then installed Boot Menu Manager. Once I got into that, I installed CM 10.1 into slot_2 (with no error messages). But despite this, it won't boot into slot_2, so something is still wrong.

I'm going to uninstall BMM, and delete the folders (if any) left behind by SS, then reboot and install SS 3.11 again and see if I can get it to work.

SoonerLater

Mar 11, 2011
UPDATE: I've managed to get Safestrap 3.11 installed on my Droid Razr Maxx running JB 4.1.2. When I boot up, the SafeStrap menu does appear. However, I still can't create a new slot.

From the main screen, I select Boot Options, then select Rom-Slot-1. From there it proposes a 640 mb System Partition and a 260 mb Cache Partition and gives me the option of a 1, 2 or 3 gb Data Partition. However, it shows that there is only 96 mb of free space, so the Create ROM Slot button stays grayed out.

Do I have to manually repartition something before I can create the new slot?

an21281

UPDATE: I've managed to get Safestrap 3.11 installed on my Droid Razr Maxx running JB 4.1.2. When I boot up, the SafeStrap menu does appear. However, I still can't create a new slot.

From the main screen, I select Boot Options, then select Rom-Slot-1. From there it proposes a 640 mb System Partition and a 260 mb Cache Partition and gives me the option of a 1, 2 or 3 gb Data Partition. However, it shows that there is only 96 mb of free space, so the Create ROM Slot button stays grayed out.

Do I have to manually repartition something before I can create the new slot?

When you are booted on stock slot go to settings/storage. How much space do you have under internal storage?
You may have filled up your stock slot somehow. Did you download anything, movies/music...? If you have a lot of data downloaded and on you internal storage then you will have to move some stuff to the ext. sd card through a file manager. I use ES File Explorer.

If this is not the case and it shows that you have more internal storage under settings then when you are in safestrap, I am not sure what the problem is. You can try to wipe cache partition in stock recovery. Boot into stock recovery by holding Vol+ and Vol- together while pressing and releasing power and then release the Vol buttons. Scroll down using Vol- to recovery and push Vol+. It will go to the screen with android that has ! on chest where you will need to hold Vol- and toggle Vol+ to get to recovery screen. Scroll down w/vol- to wipe cache partition and hit power button to select.

an21281

Yeah, that is pretty strange to say the least. Is this the first time you have experienced this? If I were you I would get a file Explorer and check to see if there is anything abnormal. Check the safestrap folder on int. Storage(sdcard) . There should be an active slot file, but no rom-slot folders since you could not make create one because insufficient storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SoonerLater

Mar 11, 2011
ut37acK.png

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Is that screen shot what you need? I can't find a folder called /init or /init/storage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***All Credit to Hashcode***
    Take a minute to donate to Hashcode if you like his work: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4243514

Posted by Hashcode on Page 9:

Updated Safestrap for RAZR-HD/Atrix-HD to v3.12:

Download the APK Installer Here for "RAZR-HD/ATRIX-HD"
    md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap

CHANGES:
    [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
    [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
    [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
    After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    - The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
    - The testers (BigDX) which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always let Hashcode know what you think!!!
    I have a few things I'm going to try for the paid app fix.

Feel free to monitor the other thread or follow me on twitter for updates:
    @hashcode0f

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    Updated Safestrap for RAZR-HD/Atrix-HD to v3.12:

Download the APK Installer Here for "RAZR-HD/ATRIX-HD"
    md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap

CHANGES:
    • [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    For users running jellybean leak only
    INSTRUCTIONS for getting STOCK running on a rom-slot:

[ EDIT: 11/15, Removed fix-rom-slot.zip from instructions. It's no longer needed and screws up paid apps. ]

STEPS:

1. Install Safestrap 3 from the above notes
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup of your stock rom slot
    4. Go into "Boot Options" and create a new rom-slot (if you haven't) -- 1GB data is probably good enough for most users
    5. Once that is created it may say "rom slot: off" at the top, make sure to go back into the new rom-slot and use "Activate" button
    6. Now use the "Restore" button on the main menu to restore the backup you made of stock to the new rom-slot
    7. When that's done restoring, use "Wipe" -> "Factory Reset" and then "Dalvik Cache" from the main menu
    8. At this point you should have a full working copy of the stock MotoBlur ROM on a rom-slot which you can flash and modify w/o fear of bricking.
    9. Reboot and enjoy

IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let Hashcode know.
    I can second this. But sadly. Tuesday I will be a dna man.

-tapped from my RAZR maxx HD with Safestrap

Haha...have fun with that quad core with only a 2000ma battery and fixed 16gigs

That phone is a joke..lmao rofl

Good luck

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app