4.3 root

Search This thread

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
If I use saferoot to root my I535 on stock 4.3 without being able to install custom roms I still won't able tether will I? Just rooting won't get around Verizon's tethering block right? I also was a user of foxfi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

The only app from the market that works with 4.3 is "Wifi tether router" app (cost $2) and it required rooted phone, but works nicely. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.snclab.wifitetherrouter

wildbill1986

Feb 16, 2013
Ok, I was going to root tonight, but I have an issue. I downloaded saferoot, I plugged my phone into the computer and installed drivers from Samsung website. I get a small error message in the bottom of my computer screen saying that my computer can't fully find my device. I also have a message on my phone saying I don't have a program on computer to read everything my phone. I downloaded kies and installed drivers from there, same messages, I also tried getting drivers from the phone's built in service and still have same messages. Should I worry about them since I know the drivers should be right. If there is an issue will the root process brick my phone, our simply not run? GS3 is what I'm rooting.

lowvolt1

Feb 29, 2012
Ok, I was going to root tonight, but I have an issue. I downloaded saferoot, I plugged my phone into the computer and installed drivers from Samsung website. I get a small error message in the bottom of my computer screen saying that my computer can't fully find my device. I also have a message on my phone saying I don't have a program on computer to read everything my phone. I downloaded kies and installed drivers from there, same messages, I also tried getting drivers from the phone's built in service and still have same messages. Should I worry about them since I know the drivers should be right. If there is an issue will the root process brick my phone, our simply not run? GS3 is what I'm rooting.

I had the same message on my device.
Are you turning on debugging?
Even with message I rooted.

Slapped the sh*t out of my X

wildbill1986

Feb 16, 2013

Yes, I have debugging on. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't hurt my device. Thanks for the reply

dnewell2004

Dec 24, 2013
Do I need the internet to root or can I just download the files on wifi somewhere then root it? Thanks to 4.3 I no longer use my hotspot.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Do I need the internet to root or can I just download the files on wifi somewhere then root it? Thanks to 4.3 I no longer use my hotspot.

It depends on which way your going to root. With casual (which is what I used) you need a pc. I'm not sure about saferoot though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

dillbert6989

Dec 30, 2013
want to root my vzn i535 running 4.3.

It depends on which way your going to root. With casual (which is what I used) you need a pc. I'm not sure about saferoot though

im sorry if this isnt the way to ask im new. ive been looking all over i cant find a safe way to root my gs3 runing 4.3. all i want is to uninstall stock samsong apps and install some apps that require rooted phone. pleas help.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
im sorry if this isnt the way to ask im new. ive been looking all over i cant find a safe way to root my gs3 runing 4.3. all i want is to uninstall stock samsong apps and install some apps that require rooted phone. pleas help.

Check the first post of our 4.3 discussion thread in the general section. Use Saferoot to root your S3 on VRUCML1. Multiple users have used Saferoot on our S3 and it is confirmed working.

stifler210

Dec 30, 2013
Verizon S3 Unrooting

I want to unroot my s3, im running 4.3 and rooted it with saferoot. Ive been having a few issues and now I want to unroot so everything shows official and stock. I went through and unfroze all bloat but my question is after root I noticed it had froze "SPG" and "SysScope" should I unfreeze these then run unroot via SuperSU? or will SuperSU unfreeze those when it uninstalls?

Thanks

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I want to unroot my s3, im running 4.3 and rooted it with saferoot. Ive been having a few issues and now I want to unroot so everything shows official and stock. I went through and unfroze all bloat but my question is after root I noticed it had froze "SPG" and "SysScope" should I unfreeze these then run unroot via SuperSU? or will SuperSU unfreeze those when it uninstalls?

Thanks

I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.

What did you notice went awry when you left those frozen after unrooting?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

The apps were disabled and just wouldn't work. And since TiBu couldn't get root access it couldn't unfreeze them. That was on an older version of android. I'm on 4.3 now, and all the apps I have frozen with TiBu show as disabled in Application Manager. If it is an app that the App Manager won't let you disable, then the only way (that I know of) to turn them back on is with TiBu. I haven't tried unrooting 4.3, but I'm guessing it would be the same as older versions.

Sent from my SCH-I535

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
The apps were disabled and just wouldn't work. And since TiBu couldn't get root access it couldn't unfreeze them. That was on an older version of android. I'm on 4.3 now, and all the apps I have frozen with TiBu show as disabled in Application Manager. If it is an app that the App Manager won't let you disable, then the only way (that I know of) to turn them back on is with TiBu. I haven't tried unrooting 4.3, but I'm guessing it would be the same as older versions.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I should have been clearer. What issues would arise with SGP and SysScope being frozen after someone unroots?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. I'll keep trying to figure out how to root this thing

Try this one... Saferoot

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Droidshadow, ez-unlock will brick your device! No man, woman, or child has unlocked the 4.3 bootloader.

Its like breaking in to Fort Knox!

Sent from my Last Ever Samsung Device.
    Hello guys!

I am brand spanking new when it comes to rooting, I've been looking for this very combination Sch i535 and Android 4.3

It updated from 4.1.x to 4.3 and I wanna root so that I can wirelessly tether. (I was usng foxfi with 4.1.x) but now Verizon wont let me.

I found a lot of instructions to root for 4.1.x but none for 4.3

Can I just follow the instructions for 4.1.x or does anyone here know the magic that could save me??

Thank you very much in advance guys!

Once you took the 4.3 OTA you basically got locked in. You can't flash custom recoveries, Custom ROMs or even downgrade to 4.1 or lower, any attempt will HARD BRICK your phone . You can't root the with the 4.1 methods but other members have rooted using Saferoot

Try this Saferoot to root.
    I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.

He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

+1
    Learned this the hard way. If you don't unfreeze before you unroot, you will need to re-root to unfreeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I535