[ROM] [HP TOUCHPAD] [4.0.4 ICS] [Un(official)Falcon] [Based On RandomROM Falcon]

Search This thread

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
[4.0.4 ICS] Un(official) Falcon

SourceForge Page opened!. Wiki is launched(SourceForge)

Device: HP Touchpad
Base Rom: 4.0.4 ICS
xrjxx.png

cooltext771211690.png

-----NOW BECAME-----

cooltext1421812609.png

rr4-0-4.png

Included Kernel: -------GAMERZ KERNEL---------

Antutu score is 8789!!!!!

Included Features:

Extended Power Menu Options | 1x Signal Mod | Battery Full Pop-Up Mod

Working Wifi | Working Microphone | Moboot Entry | Working Camera | Working Bluetooth | Can Listen to music also through Bluetooth earphones | Working headphone jack | AOKP ROM Control-(v1.1)

Included Apps:

Adaway | BusyBox Installer | ES File Manager | Advanced Task Manager | Flash Player | Swype |

MyFiles | USB Tether | Terminal | Swipepad | Swype Installer | GAPPS (selective) | Nova Launcher |

GrooveIP | GooManager | Voice Search | TubeMate | Winamp Music Player

Amazon App Store (for great daily free apps) | FX File Explorer (With Root Access) ,etc

INSTALLATION STEPS:

1. Backup your device via CWM Nandroid, MyBackup, Titanium, etc.
2. Enter ClockWorkMod Recovery.
3. Flash the latest RandomROM UnFalcon.
4. Reboot and enjoy your Touchpad.

POST-INSTALLATION STEPS:

Advanced Task Killer has been included and pre-configured. Simply place a widget on one of your homescreens, and click it to quickly and safely close all erroneous apps/services.
Auto-kill is disabled and an ignore list is included.
Adaway is included, but may need to be run to check for updates.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

If you notice any major issues like Force Closes, wipe and reinstall.

The differences between Version1.1 and Version1.2 is Version1.1 is AOKP Base and no Camera, Version1.2 is CM9 Base and Camera working.

Mods:

a) PurePerfomance Zeno Edition.
b) AC!D Sound MOD
c) Dolby Mobile Driver
d) Achromatic Theme included
e) OC'ed Kernel(GamerZ)
f) Awesome Beats Equalizer(DSP MOD)

cooltext1429471235.png

RandomKing For his awesome ROM and the Apps he included
SGA for his amazing kernel
AC!D Team for their SoundMOD and the AwesomeBeats Equalizer Addon.
Jeeko for his PurePerformance X ZENO Edition MOD
This rom incorporates the work of many AndroidCentral and XDA users.
Huge thanks to the development community and YOU. This is Open Source!

cooltext701721729.png

Download The Latest ROM from SourceForge By clicking here Click Here.

Current Latest Version = v1.2-CAMERA-FINAL-BUILD
Version1.1 DevHost Download Link: Click Here
Version1.1 MEGA Mirror link(Chrome Browser is Recommended to Download): Click Here
Version1.2 DevHost Download Link: http://d-h.st/EsO

Thank Me by Clicking :good: Thanks.

I am a something known beginner developer. Please help me by teaching things.

Last edited:

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Firstly well done at posting a Rom at only 13 years old. I used the original Falcon Rom but am now on Jelly Bean which is very stable with everything working. The next stage for me will be kitkat data media build when camera and Bluetooth are working , and am not to sure whether people will want to step back.
Have you tried the other Roms available here , as with your abilities I'm sure that you would be able to help improve them or suggest fixes that you develop.
Anyway all the best with your project.

Reactions: superboy123

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
Firstly well done at posting a Rom at only 13 years old. I used the original Falcon Rom but am now on Jelly Bean which is very stable with everything working. The next stage for me will be kitkat data media build when camera and Bluetooth are working , and am not to sure whether people will want to step back.
Have you tried the other Roms available here , as with your abilities I'm sure that you would be able to help improve them or suggest fixes that you develop.

Sir, Thanks for your encouragement.
Did you try the ROM?
Sir, please take a backup and spend some time with the ROM. Install ROM. Wipe dalvik and cache and use the ROM For at least 1 hour.(please)
Give the feedback please.

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Anyone downloaded and tried?
I hope it will be a success:highfive:

Your efforts at supporting the HP Touchpad are admirable, but make sure you give credit where it's due. This ROM was posted here: [ROM] Unofficial RandomROM Falcon v 1.1 in October 2012 as the work of RandomKing. His last available download was Falcon v1.3.

How did you change this ROM from his original work? Is it a port or did you compile it from source (I don't think RandomKing ever released his source). Did you simply add GamerZ Kernel that -SGA- developed? Did you credit him for the work he did?

As sstar tried to explain, very few users are going to be willing to try an ICS ROM that is a year and a half old when there are current ROM's available that are two or three versions newer. Think of it this way; if you were using Windows 8.1, would you be interested in trying out Windows XP?

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
Your efforts at supporting the HP Touchpad are admirable, but make sure you give credit where it's due. This ROM was posted here: [ROM] Unofficial RandomROM Falcon v 1.1 in October 2012 as the work of RandomKing. His last available download was Falcon v1.3.

How did you change this ROM from his original work? Is it a port or did you compile it from source (I don't think RandomKing ever released his source). Did you simply add GamerZ Kernel that -SGA- developed? Did you credit him for the work he did?

As sstar tried to explain, very few users are going to be willing to try an ICS ROM that is a year and a half old when there are current ROM's available that are two or three versions newer. Think of it this way; if you were using Windows 8.1, would you be interested in trying out Windows XP?

See OP. Anything incorrect?

Reactions: shumash

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
Camera Final Build!

CAMERA-BUILD IS THE FINAL BUILD
The Camera Build is released and this is the final. It is fully based on CyanogenMod 9.

Last edited:
Hi there ...

Here's my fast review...

I Installed for first time on my Touchpad your rom.

Really pretty good job. Very fast rom for now, and by fast, I mean once my many apps restored...

I was afraid of installing an ICS Rom, but this is really good enough for now.

Just one negative spot : this is about the wifi stability, for me, I simply can't watch a full movie ou transfer file from a NAS to another without having a disconnection. And this is really very annoying.

What about other user, Am i alone with this bug ??

Thanks

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
Problem

Hi there ...

Here's my fast review...

I Installed for first time on my Touchpad your rom.

Really pretty good job. Very fast rom for now, and by fast, I mean once my many apps restored...

I was afraid of installing an ICS Rom, but this is really good enough for now.

Just one negative spot : this is about the wifi stability, for me, I simply can't watch a full movie ou transfer file from a NAS to another without having a disconnection. And this is really very annoying.

What about other user, Am i alone with this bug ??

Thanks

I will try to fix it soon.
Thanks for your fast review.
Can you tell me about the bug detailed?

Last edited:

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
Shumash OC kernel testing.

Can someone try the shumash's OC CM9 kernel and give the results? I got my touchpad broken.:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [4.0.4 ICS] Un(official) Falcon

SourceForge Page opened!. Wiki is launched(SourceForge)

Device: HP Touchpad
    Base Rom: 4.0.4 ICS
    xrjxx.png

cooltext771211690.png

-----NOW BECAME-----

cooltext1421812609.png

rr4-0-4.png

Included Kernel: -------GAMERZ KERNEL---------

Antutu score is 8789!!!!!

Included Features:

Extended Power Menu Options | 1x Signal Mod | Battery Full Pop-Up Mod

Working Wifi | Working Microphone | Moboot Entry | Working Camera | Working Bluetooth | Can Listen to music also through Bluetooth earphones | Working headphone jack | AOKP ROM Control-(v1.1)

Included Apps:

Adaway | BusyBox Installer | ES File Manager | Advanced Task Manager | Flash Player | Swype |

MyFiles | USB Tether | Terminal | Swipepad | Swype Installer | GAPPS (selective) | Nova Launcher |

GrooveIP | GooManager | Voice Search | TubeMate | Winamp Music Player

Amazon App Store (for great daily free apps) | FX File Explorer (With Root Access) ,etc

INSTALLATION STEPS:

1. Backup your device via CWM Nandroid, MyBackup, Titanium, etc.
    2. Enter ClockWorkMod Recovery.
    3. Flash the latest RandomROM UnFalcon.
    4. Reboot and enjoy your Touchpad.

POST-INSTALLATION STEPS:

Advanced Task Killer has been included and pre-configured. Simply place a widget on one of your homescreens, and click it to quickly and safely close all erroneous apps/services.
    Auto-kill is disabled and an ignore list is included.
    Adaway is included, but may need to be run to check for updates.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

If you notice any major issues like Force Closes, wipe and reinstall.

The differences between Version1.1 and Version1.2 is Version1.1 is AOKP Base and no Camera, Version1.2 is CM9 Base and Camera working.

Mods:

a) PurePerfomance Zeno Edition.
    b) AC!D Sound MOD
    c) Dolby Mobile Driver
    d) Achromatic Theme included
    e) OC'ed Kernel(GamerZ)
    f) Awesome Beats Equalizer(DSP MOD)

cooltext1429471235.png

RandomKing For his awesome ROM and the Apps he included
    SGA for his amazing kernel
    AC!D Team for their SoundMOD and the AwesomeBeats Equalizer Addon.
    Jeeko for his PurePerformance X ZENO Edition MOD
    This rom incorporates the work of many AndroidCentral and XDA users.
    Huge thanks to the development community and YOU. This is Open Source!

cooltext701721729.png

Download The Latest ROM from SourceForge By clicking here Click Here.

Current Latest Version = v1.2-CAMERA-FINAL-BUILD
    Version1.1 DevHost Download Link: Click Here
    Version1.1 MEGA Mirror link(Chrome Browser is Recommended to Download): Click Here
    Version1.2 DevHost Download Link: http://d-h.st/EsO

Thank Me by Clicking :good: Thanks.

I am a something known beginner developer. Please help me by teaching things.
    Anyone downloaded and tried?
    I hope it will be a success:highfive:

See OP. Anything incorrect?
    Any BUGS?
    Something wrong?

I'll be trying the rom as i'm currently looking for a stable rom as the roms that i've tried have been unstable, I don't care really which version of android it's running as long as it's android 4+. Thanks falcon :)