Bluetooth keyboard for Verizon SGT?

Search This thread

HadDaddy

Dec 16, 2010
Is there a bluetooth keyboard out there that will work on a Verizon SGT? Please help

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

carlsbad0331

Apr 28, 2007
I just bought a Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard for $29.95 at Frys Electronics today that pairedd perfectly with my SGT (T-Mo) and works perfectly well.
I dont see any reason why it would not work with all SGT's.
The thing I like most is it is small enough to fit in the Pelican case that I have for my SGT. I just cut the foam in half, removed the foam for the keyboard and now have a 2 layer foam cushion for the keyboard and SGT.

HadDaddy

Dec 16, 2010
Well Verizon apparently went into the tab and deleted some bluetooth drivers so it will pair with devices but will not connect. I was just wondering if someone out there got a keyboard to work with their Verizon tab? If they did I would buy it in a heartbeat. Thanks though for replying

carlsbad0331

Apr 28, 2007
Sorry about that, I had not read any of the Verizon BT threads since I am with T-Mo.
I just dont get why service providers do this... If the manufacturer enables something, leave it alone.

HadDaddy

Dec 16, 2010
I agree 100% my friend. I'm hoping someone will find something that will work. Thanks again.

flsts

Mar 31, 2006
New Jersey
I posted on the Verizon Community Forum and a Moderator said they were aware of the "issue" and were looking into it. The post is now gone. The thread may disappear too. It is a shame that they decided to remove the feature. I hope a solution is found too.

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
I just bought a Cygnett Bluetooth keyboard for $29.95 at Frys Electronics today that pairedd perfectly with my SGT (T-Mo) and works perfectly well.
I dont see any reason why it would not work with all SGT's.
The thing I like most is it is small enough to fit in the Pelican case that I have for my SGT. I just cut the foam in half, removed the foam for the keyboard and now have a 2 layer foam cushion for the keyboard and SGT.

sounds interesting. could u post up a picture please?

Grantf44

Jul 7, 2007
Check Brando's website out. They have a bluetooth keyboard/leather case combo for $59. Not sure it will work for the Verizon Tab.

markgamber

Apr 1, 2005
If it's due to a lack of drivers, would it not be possible to just copy the drivers from a model that has them?

Who knows? I'm just guessing it's the drivers, perhaps Verizon completely blocked the functionality at a higher level like they did with the dialer. Could be any of a million things and, frankly, $80 for a docking keyboard I could be using in an hour sounds like much less of a hassle.

Reactions: dugg67

dugg67

Jan 11, 2011
Yea, same here with me, I'm not in the market for a bluetooth keyboard either, and would most likely be content with a docking keyboard, but it still would be nice to have the functionality there that was intended by the manufacturer. One of the selling points that my VZW salesperson used was the ability to use the Tab with a BT keyboard. I don't imagine he purposely mislead me, especially since I wasn't actually interested in a keyboard. Hopefully there will be a solution in the near future for those who want or need the BT option.

w102cdt

Sep 24, 2008
Possible work around

I wish I could test this right now, but my Tab is back at Samsung being repaired. I have a generic mini Bluetooth keyboard that wasn't working with my Tab or my Captivate. I just got it to work with the Captivate.

I downloaded the drivers for the Freedom Bluetooth Pro keyboard from their site directly through the browser on my device. After installation I had to activate the driver through the "Locale and Text" option in settings. Once activated, paired the keyboard and changed the keyboard to Freedom Pro. Keyboard worked...

I don't know if this will work on the Tab, but i can't wait to get mine back and test it. If anyone gives it a try, let us know how it worked.

oxbeast1210

Dec 7, 2010
I tried what u said with my keyboard but it said since it a keyboard they made it wont connect. which one of their drivers did u download?
thanks

nachyochez

Apr 7, 2010
Seattle(ish)
Freedom Pro will work, Sprint starts selling the keyboard for their tab (which is also keyboard locked) on feb 1st for $119.

Verizon and Sprint removed HID support from the Tab, and no HID keyboards will work.

The Freedom Pro's key feature is that it is dual mode: HID And SPP, so the SPP still works.

I'm not sure WHY they did this, unless they just wanted to be jerks. In which case, score!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If it's due to a lack of drivers, would it not be possible to just copy the drivers from a model that has them?

Who knows? I'm just guessing it's the drivers, perhaps Verizon completely blocked the functionality at a higher level like they did with the dialer. Could be any of a million things and, frankly, $80 for a docking keyboard I could be using in an hour sounds like much less of a hassle.