Search This thread

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Kaiser Sim Unlocker v0.1
========================

Brought to you by jockyw2001
(c)2008 jockyw2001

You definitely save money by using this unlocker, so consider a donation for me to keep the R&D going :D
Click here to send your PayPal donation.

Download links:
Rapidshare
Megaupload

Note for WM6.1 users
================
Do not try this on 6.1! You will need to downgrade to 6.0

Note for Vista users
===============
This guide will explain how to change your drivers to the xp. You will have problems running the unlocker otherwise. Log in as administrator if you run the ROM update tool and unlocker. That also applies to XP users.

Instructions
============
(The instructions below take preference since they are more current than the readme in the package)

1. To verify you have installed the right HardSPL do this: power off and then press power on while keeping camera pressed, this will enter the so called bootloader mode and you see a tri-color screen (Red, Green, Blue). You should see "SPL-1.0 OliPof" on the second line in the top left corner. You can exit this mode by means of a "soft reset": press the reset button with the stylus.

2. Make a note of the radio version that is currently installed. You see the version strings in the splash screen which appears soon after power on (e.g. "R 1.27.14.09"). Since we will flash a special radio in step 5 you need to flash back your original radio in the last step. You can download radio roms from XDA devs here.

3. Connect PC and Kaiser with a USB cable and keep it connected until the last step.

4. Power on the Kaiser and let it boot into Windows Mobile. On the PC make sure the activesync icon is green

5. After you unpacked the download you see directories "step1" and "step2". Go into "step1" and run KaiserCustomRUU.exe. This will flash the special patched radio rom. Follow the instructions until it is finished.

Note that you can also skip step 6. and proceed with step 7.
6. Power off your Kaiser and insert a 'strange' SIM, i.e. a SIM from another provider than the one your phone is locked to.

7. Once Windows Mobile has booted up it will (usually after you have entered the usual 4-digit PIN) show a window called "Simlock" and a textbox where you can enter a 8-digit unlockcode. Now perform a soft reset by pressing the reset button *but* at the same time keep the camera button pressed. If you did it well you will be back in bootloader mode and you see the tri-color screen. The best technique is to press and hold the camera button first and then shortly press the reset button with the stylus.

8a. right-click activeync icon and uncheck "Allow USB connections" from Connection Settings
8b. On your PC go into the "step2" directory and run "kaiser-simunlocker.exe". If all went well you will see the unlockcode on your monitor and your Kaiser is being restarted automatically.
8c. right-click activeync icon and check "Allow USB connections" from Connection Settings

You should see this:
Code:
=== Kaiser Sim Unlocker (c)2008 by jockyw2001
=== Donations happily accepted, paypal to [email]jocky_wilson@hotmail.com[/email]

Your Unlockcode = 12345678

[] Done, enter the unlockcode
[] And then flash your original radio

Press Enter to exit

Note: If you skipped step 6 then you should now also skip step 9. and continue with step 9x
9. Once Windows Mobile has booted up it will again show the "Simlock" window. When prompted (usually immediately after you have entered the usual 4-digit SIM PIN), enter the the 8-digit unlockcode and your phone is permanently SIM unlocked :)
Now proceed to step 10.

9x. (Only if you skipped steps 6. and 9.): Run \windows\simlock.exe on your Kaiser and enter the 8-digit unlockcode when you are prompted.
In order to see simlock.exe you have to open file explorer then click menu > and show all files. If you can still not find simlock.exe copy the attached one to the phone's "My Documents" directory and run it from there.

10. Download the original radio from here to the "step3" directory on your PC and flash it with KaiserCustomRUU.exe

That's all folks :D

Now you can look forward to some other great tools which I will release soon: "Kaiser SuperCID" and "Kaiser Radio Dumper"

Enjoy and ... donate to keep R&D going! Thx!

JockyW

Credits
=======

* Tom Codon and unkown for testing
* des, pof and olipro for SSPL and HardSPL
* arc and all the other great minds at XDA devs
* viperbjk, adfree and all other QC hackers at Modopo
* PURESKILLZZZ for supplemental instructions here

(c)2008 jockyw2001
jocky_wilson@hotmail.com
Jan 19th 2008

Attachments

• SIMLock.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 18,573
Last edited:

Rcommander

Jan 9, 2008
Thanks! Appreciate it: I thought it was just a hype, trying....

Just unlocked...Thanks!!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2007
Detroit
Instructions followed to the letter here and no dice. At step two i get an error, it reads: "\\.\WCEUSBSH001: No such file or directory cannot connect"
Any help would be appreciated, my OS is Vista Ultimate x64.

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Instructions followed to the letter here and no dice. At step two i get an error, it reads: "\\.\WCEUSBSH001: No such file or directory cannot connect"
Any help would be appreciated, my OS is Vista Ultimate x64.
See if u can find a PC with XP
I stay far away from Vista and never tested it on Vista.
But maybe this helps.

benz710

Jul 16, 2005
UK
Can I use different radio since my original radio is not available for download (my original radio is 1.27.12.29) ?

I use a Kaiser on the UK Orange and I have flashed my phone to Dutty's Rom.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

wootty2000

Mar 27, 2007
Shropshire
Im a UK Orange user. When I spoke to HTC a few months back, the guy I spoke to suggested that Orange are actually using a modified version of the radio rom.

Has anyone using a Kaiser on the UK Orange tried a different radio rom?
Or has the UK Orange radio rom actually been dumped, so we can upload go back to it after unlocking our "beautifully powerful phone"

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Can I use different radio since my original radio is not available for download (my original radio is 1.27.12.29) ?

Thank you so much.
You can, but each radio has it's pros and cons. Maybe you should wait until I release my radio dumper. No release date for it yet, but I think in 1-2 wk

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
i have a question on last step where u have to flash back your radio in "step3 folder", for example, if i need to flash back KAIS_Radio_Only_1.27.12.17_CustomRUU, but in this zip file has CustomRUU.exe and RUU_signed.nbh, should i put this two files in to "step3 folder", and then click on KaiserCustomRUU.exe (step3 folder). OR it doesn't matter which *.exe files i click, because they are same files, but different filename.

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
i have a question on last step where u have to flash back your radio in "step3 folder", for example, if i need to flash back KAIS_Radio_Only_1.27.12.17_CustomRUU, but in this zip file has CustomRUU.exe and RUU_signed.nbh, should i put this two files in to "step3 folder", and then click on KaiserCustomRUU.exe (step3 folder). OR it doesn't matter which *.exe files i click, because they are same files, but different filename.

If KAIS_Radio_Only_1.27.12.17_CustomRUU is a .exe then delete KaiserCustomRUU.exe and run KAIS_Radio_Only_1.27.12.17_CustomRUU.exe