why dont you ppl like touchwiz? touchwiz is amazing

Search This thread

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
how can so many of you not like touchwiz, lemme correct that *HATE touchwiz... i realize its the hip thing to do, to hate touchwiz, and you somehow think it makes you look pro.. but touchwiz rocks.. most of you havent even seen what the alternative is, you just hate it cause everyone else does.

do you realize losing touchwiz loses:

*built in screen capture by pressing home+lock

*task manager built into long press

*swipe left/right to call/text in contacts/dialer/texts

*toggles in drop down menu

*amazing UI in camera/file manager/ music player

*ability to adjust display options, beyond what stock roms are capable of

*swype

* ability to adjust brightness by moving dropbar back and forth

* the option to use the actual touchwiz launcher

* Divx, Xvid, and .avi support out of the box, as well as other formats supported only by samsung

its not like having a stock rom gives you anything in place of these.. if you dont like the touchwiz launcher, you can install another one, i cant see why ppl are soo determined to get rid of it, and have nothing in its place. would you really rather have no options, in place of where you DID have options?

Last edited:

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
On older devices the phone was much slower when using samsung roms (tw) than AOSP. I i think that's the main reason why some people HATE touchwiz.

Right now AOSP roms like cm7 are still faster than Samsung roms, but that doesn't means that Samsung roms are bad!
Touchwiz has some goodies were it still bet AOSP, so at the end is a matter of personal taste.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Reactions: jastonas

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
I personally like the TouchWiz UI on Gingerbread. It's an update over AOSP/CM7 Roms.

However, seeing that KP4 video, i find that TouchWiz 4 is a downgrade for ICS. Many of the features that TW4 had over Gingerbread were implemented in ICS.

So for me AOSP is the way to go for ICS.

dan1431

Nov 25, 2006
I have nothing against TW, there are many parts of it that I actually like, but ICS seems to be a big step forward for Android and TW (at least the ALPHA/BETA iteration does not seem that much of a step forward).

Granted, I am actually not really sure what I expected of TW and ICS, but I guess I was expecting to see more of ICS (Roboto, the Blueish Hue for the Signal Meter/etc.) and maybe over time my expectations will rationalize and I will see TW as my mode for interaction with Android and ICS.

Dan

Reactions: titooo7

Sideromelane

Sep 14, 2010
I just find it clunky. I always install LauncherPro immediatly after a reflash. Much easier to fit stuff on my home screen.

J31Rob

Sep 2, 2007
IN
Others run better on my phone. That simple. No hate.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Hell yeah. Now I look 1337/pro/boss status.

Red_Vex

Jan 20, 2011
Well...in ICS taskmanager will be replaced from standard one.
I like ics but it has some missing feature
1)Sorter icon on app drawer (only using appZorter)
2)Custom icon of status bar (thanks Jkay)
3)HORRIBLE!!!! Green battery. Add a % better battery.

ajcantonio

Jul 26, 2011
Manila
i think tw is good. the features are just amazing. this is my first time to use a samsung android phone (former lg user) and i find tw really functional compared to my past phone's ui. i just don't like the look... there's a lot of launchers out there anyway. and about aosp, i just think it's too plain for casual users, like... me... hehehe!

btw, happy new year, guys!

Last edited:

DannyDrama

Dec 18, 2010
Because I can't resize all widgets, have 6x6 home and lock screen, customize animations and change themes and icons. I also can't hide the dock or the status bar.

ADW is better IMHO.

Sent from my GT-I9100

victorinoxs

Feb 1, 2009
how can so many of you not like touchwiz, lemme correct that *HATE touchwiz... i realize its the hip thing to do, to hate touchwiz, and you somehow think it makes you look pro.. but touchwiz rocks.. most of you havent even seen what the alternative is, you just hate it cause everyone else does.

not bad, but it's built into ICS as well
but number of recent apps down to 6, very annoying; besides, task manager is really not necessary for a powerful phone like S2, I always have around 500mb free ram sitting around. I rarely use task manager to kill background apps.
ya, it may be handy sometimes, but no threaded call logs, and call logs are mixed with sms logs.
CM ROM can do even better, such as 2G/3G/2G&3G modes toggle
indeed amazing camera UI, but file manger & music player are so so. There are better and free alternatives. The camera app is the only thing I will miss about TW.
*swype
can be installed separately anyway
I find brightness level widget easier to use.
What's so good about TW Launcher anyway?
* Divx, Xvid, and .avi support out of the box, as well as other formats supported only by samsung
Agree. Samsung does have the best codec support of all, but it's not like there is no alternatives available.
its not like having a stock rom gives you anything in place of these.. if you dont like the touchwiz launcher, you can install another one, i cant see why ppl are soo determined to get rid of it, and have nothing in its place. would you really rather have no options, in place of where you DID have options?

Having a stock rom I can get almost everything that TW provides by installing 3rd party apps; on the other hand, on a stock TW rom, I'm stuck with no video calling in GTalk, no green icon indicating Google service status, only 6 recent apps and a bunch of Samsung bloatwares.

Reactions: nic.stl

josephislee

Feb 2, 2011
Surrey
I tried out CM9 yesterday and the only thing I miss from tw is the browser.. smoother IMO, even compared to the videos of the galaxy nexus..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
I like touchwiz. Its the only UI where the launcher runs perfectly smooth even using a heavy live wallpaper. I believe that they use the cartoony colors to show off the Super Amoled screen as well. The only thing that will make me flash a non touchwiz ROM is Stock ICS, cuz im not using the visually unpolished abomination that AOSP Gingerbread is. MIUI is sorta buggy for us so its out imo

sEnT fRoM mY ExYnOs PoWeReD MoNsTeR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*swype

I personally like the TouchWiz UI on Gingerbread. It's an update over AOSP/CM7 Roms.

However, seeing that KP4 video, i find that TouchWiz 4 is a downgrade for ICS. Many of the features that TW4 had over Gingerbread were implemented in ICS.

So for me AOSP is the way to go for ICS.
    I personally like touchwiz and that's the reason i'm not switching to
    aosp

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
    You forgot all the built in format support for multimedia files.
    why they should include pure google alternative expirience, if it's Samsung phone? Just new shiny Touchwiz, which will be better in look compared to GB touchwiz

imagine if dell, hp, sony, asus and all the other laptop manufacturers would re-style windows, change all the elements, alter functionality, use lousy fonts, make the OS a patchwork where you go from one section into another and you have an entirely different style, as samsung just did with tw running on android 4.0. it would be unthinkable, it's none of their busines. hardware alone is problematic enough, they should spend money where it counts. what they are doing right now wasted half your devices shelf-life, they needed almost half a year for that hackjob, it must have cost loads and loads of money to re-educate their software engineers, teaching them how to throw together ugly buttons and draw icons in ms-paint, they didn't just craft it into an add-on using documented API's, nope, they re-invented the wheel and hacked it into the framework which must have been a pain in the ass for them, this in turn caused bugs and errors and stole time to get everything else right. they released a buggy hack and people complain all over the net. real ice cream sandwich was made to put an end to all of this, this os would have ruled the marked by now. what a ****up, congrats samsung.