first android user - recommend me some games!

Search This thread

unknown00

Jul 28, 2007
price is not an issue

coming from an iphone, i want some games that are "new" or "unique" or that can show off what it can do. what i don't want is people saying like angry birds or words with friends or stuff like that. i am interested to see the possibilities of this bigger screen and faster hardware

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
Welcome to Android. I don't mean to burst your bubble but gaming experience isn't quite up to par as iOS yet. Its getting better with the release of games like Temple Run and some of the other 3D games mentioned above. Also better hardware won't do much. Games are far better optimized for iOS so its a smoother experience. The bigger screen is really the only advantage here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
If you really want to show off this phone, start looking into rooting and installing custom ROMS. You can boost performance greatly and can install Google Wallet and when you go to McDonalds you can pay with your phone and your iPhone buddies will be like "WTF!?!?!, daz sooo kewl!" Also, try installing a new launcher such as Apex Launcher or Nova Launcher. You will be able to show off how you can customize your device which is really the high point of Android.

number3pencil

Jan 9, 2012
I just downloaded Slice It, and it is AMAZING. Literally the first game I can spend an hour on and not get bored out of my mind.

Simple premise, beautiful execution, hundreds of levels, and its FREE.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Welcome to Android. I don't mean to burst your bubble but gaming experience isn't quite up to par as iOS yet. Its getting better with the release of games like Temple Run and some of the other 3D games mentioned above. Also better hardware won't do much. Games are far better optimized for iOS so its a smoother experience. The bigger screen is really the only advantage here.

How is that relevant? Sure, the iphone has MORE games, but you can't say that the experience is better or worse. I don't understand where people come up with this 'smoother experience' type language. Haven't played a game on the phone yet that lags or stutters. And I'll take an extra inch of screen space ANY day of the week.

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
I just downloaded Slice It, and it is AMAZING. Literally the first game I can spend an hour on and not get bored out of my mind.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

How is that relevant? Sure, the iphone has MORE games, but you can't say that the experience is better or worse. I don't understand where people come up with this 'smoother experience' type language. Haven't played a game on the phone yet that lags or stutters. And I'll take an extra inch of screen space ANY day of the week.

What do you mean how is it relevant? iOS is better for gaming regardless of screen size. I'm not afraid to tell the truth and its apparent you've never used an iPhone for more than 10 minutes yet you're probably the one telling iOS fanboys that they've never used Android for more than 10 minutes. iOS is smoother on everything not because its better but because its coded using native code just like WP7. Games, Apps, Web are all much more consistent with the UI and achieve higher frame rates. Yeah, I don't get lag on my games either but that doesn't mean its just as smooth. There's no arguing that. Instead of trying to cast aside the problem, why don't you acknowledge it and perhaps help to make it better.

Reactions: hinds90

=ColdFire=

Apr 1, 2012
Fun Games
I'm seeing lots of, "this game looks fancy", and not much "this game is great fun". So I'm rolling some out, these are all 2D, but damn fun!

Osmos
Droptrix
World of Goo
Refraction
Sprinkle
Swerve and Destroy
Canabalt

Last edited:

wilskywalker

Dec 30, 2009
I highly recommend the following games, all look fantastic on the Galaxy Nexus epic screen! :D

Dead Space
Grand Theft Auto III
Great Little War Game
Fieldrunners HD
Reckless Racing
Spirit HD
Flick Golf
Game Dev Story
Pocket League Story
Jelly Defence
Pool Bar HD
Battleheart
Zen Bound 2
Tetris
Worms
Cut the Rope

Enjoy! :)

twistkill

Sep 23, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am not a big fan of FPS games on handhelds, they usually have clumsy controls, the aiming is heavily assisted, etc.

Canabalt HD (IMHO one of the best side-scroller, might get multiplayer mode)
Radiant Defence (new tower defense game with a slight twist)
Robodefense (my favorite conventional tower defense game)
Sentinel (a graphically beefed up tower defense game)
Asphalt 6 (arcade racing, multiplayer is nice)
Flight Control, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope (if you are into ultra-casual gaming)
HomeRun Battle (nice baseball game, addictive multiplayer)

Obviously these are all personal preferrences :)

Fate-Silver

Mar 7, 2011
Temple Run! Most addictive! :)
You must try this.

Where's my water? It's good too although it's 2D.

Fruit Ninja - Puss in Boots!
It's 3D!
Graphics should be quite nice.

Fruit Ninja v1.74(or higher, or prepare for ugly graphics)!

nfin1te

Dec 7, 2010
Vienna
Real Racing 2 (works on GN, isn't compatible in market tho - you need to fix that yourself)
Aftermath XHD
Anomaly HD
Dead Space
Modern Combat 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What do you mean how is it relevant? iOS is better for gaming regardless of screen size. I'm not afraid to tell the truth and its apparent you've never used an iPhone for more than 10 minutes yet you're probably the one telling iOS fanboys that they've never used Android for more than 10 minutes. iOS is smoother on everything not because its better but because its coded using native code just like WP7. Games, Apps, Web are all much more consistent with the UI and achieve higher frame rates. Yeah, I don't get lag on my games either but that doesn't mean its just as smooth. There's no arguing that. Instead of trying to cast aside the problem, why don't you acknowledge it and perhaps help to make it better.