[Q] How to root new sensation xe ICS update

Search This thread

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
I have rooted my phone but its S-on.
now, is it possible to install custom rom?
i downloaded rcmix3d sense 4 rom v1.0 and installed using recovery after full wipe. but its stucked at boot screen for 30 minuts. than i just restore stock... why this heppen? is it becouse of s-on?

Chamin eranga

Mar 29, 2012
Vedio PLS

Successful root method. XE OTA ICS

1. Unlock with HTC Dev
2. Download recovery-5.0.2.0-pyramid.img and flash using fastboot flash recovery rec....img
3. Download and install Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip using CWM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

Can u pls publish the Vedio of this (how to root)

mikey_f2001

Nov 7, 2008
New Forest
First of all don't confuse with getting "rooted" ..getting rooted will only give you complete access to your ROM..like literally doing anything with any app..also you can control your device completely.

All the custom Roms comes with root access..(see....... this root is actually part of Rom)

For you to flash custom Rom ..you essentially need unlocked bootloader...(having SOFF was mandatory earlier..but HTC started giving unlocked bootloader at the cost of your warranty..so you can Still install custom roms also sense 4 roms)

As you are fine with your warranty getting void

1. You need to unlock your bootloader from HTC dev site..(this is where you may void your warranty)

2.Then you need to flash a custom recovery..i highly recommend 4EXT recovery latest(1.0.0.5) which has smartflash mode(exclusive SON mode)
Get the recovery from this thread..http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1377759..

Flashing recovery has never been this easy...just download the recovery updater and install ..your recovery through an apk:cool: just don't forget to say "yes" when asked whether you are SON during installing the recovery..

3. Then after recovery is done...just download your custom ROM..keep it on root of sdcard...and flash it (by following the steps provided in OP of your custom Rom thread)

Right my issue is I just want to run and app that needs to be rooted.
I am happy with my ROM.
I have done 1 as above Hboot 1.27 now unlocked
I have done 2 as above installed 4EXT Recovery

Now all i need to do is run the root file yes?
I have tried 2 = su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip and superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

Both appeared to install ok according to 4EXT but still not rooted.
What am I doing wrong? which file do I need to be using?

HELP

splue

May 3, 2012
simplest form of rooting

Hi, I also get very confused after reading so much staff on the internet.

May I just know the simplest form of rooting with the aim of accessing root files?

Is unlocking via HTCDev sufficient or do I have to proceed on with Recovery and the installation of SU3.07?

gurulbn

Dec 7, 2009
Wrocław
to ROOT:
1. HTCDev unlock
2. flash recovery by fastboot
3. Go to recovery and install BOTH(!) files Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip and su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip from http://androidsu.com/superuser/
If you get error during install superuser try again about 3-5 times

DONE. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so sad. I have seen devs are making sense 4 roms. but still I have nothing to do...
    does any one know when I can root???

You are talking about sense 4 roms but asking for root:confused:
    You can't just flash sense4 roms...just because you have root access..
    If you mean getting SOFF which will render you to flash roms then ..its not possible for you right now..but there is an alternative ...but that alternative costs you your warranty(most probably)..
    So decision is yours...
    I recommend you to stay stock as of now if you got loads of warranty left

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves
    hey can I use HTC super tool to root my sensation xe with hboot 1.27??

I heard of this...it contains tacoroot which is a temporary root but I heard its unstable and it only gives root access in adb..shell which wont be helpful in your case

Successful root method. XE OTA ICS

1. Unlock with HTC Dev
    2. Download recovery-5.0.2.0-pyramid.img and flash using fastboot flash recovery rec....img
    3. Download and install Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip using CWM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA
    thank you all for kind hep. Now I am going to try.... lets see :cool:
    but i couldnt find my device on HTCdev.com sensation xe asia tw

Soff for 1.27 is possible now...
    But it requires HTC unlocked bootloader and root access...so first get the above things done...i.e. unlocked bootloader and recovery done...then you can do root thing from recovery...step 3 from this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

Then follow steps from this guide to soff your device
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611981

Njoy