DINC2 Flashlight / Torch - Not Bright Enough?

Search This thread

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
Hey all -

When I upgraded to the dinc2 I came from the original dinc (actually gave it to a buddy of mine).

Anyway - we were comparing phones and the Torch / flashlight on the dinc is SO MUCH BRIGHTER than the dinc2. The DINC on "low" is the same brightness as the dinc2 on "high," and the DINC on "high" is not even comparable - it's so much brighter. The dinc2 low vs high almost seems the same.

Anyone else notice this? Does the original Dinc just have a much brighter flash / leds than the Dinc2? Or is the torch app on the Dinc2 not working correctly?

Reactions: Hyperphoenix19

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
Honestly never cared to notice. Its bright enough for me. Urs could be dirty or the led's could be dying..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

jrizk07

May 30, 2010
Unless it's a defect on your specific phone, I have found that other apps make the light brighter.

Try using tesla led and see if that works better. My light is super bright and i've had no issues.

zax10

Nov 8, 2010
Inman
I know most of us hopefully none of us have this issue. I run into a lot of customers who say there camera sucks or flash sucks and it is due to them not removing the clear film that protects the camera and led during shipping.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using xda premium

Hyperphoenix19

Jun 12, 2012
New York
Thank you!

I have scoured the web, and I cant seem to find anyone else with this issue. I too am an ex-DInc user and upgraded to to Inc2, both were flashed with cm7. The inc2's torch app is exponentially dimmer than the DInc1's, its really bugging me and I'm considering trying to find out how to modify a flashlight app to tweak it or something. I posted a thread on the CM forums as well, so if I do get an update I'll try to follow up on this post too.:)

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit
My wife has a dinc and I also agree that her leds are brighter but I think the high setting on cm7 or cm9 are bright enough for me

Sent from my paranoid Incredible 2

dirkdigles

Nov 23, 2010
Chicago
I have scoured the web, and I cant seem to find anyone else with this issue. I too am an ex-DInc user and upgraded to to Inc2, both were flashed with cm7. The inc2's torch app is exponentially dimmer than the DInc1's, its really bugging me and I'm considering trying to find out how to modify a flashlight app to tweak it or something. I posted a thread on the CM forums as well, so if I do get an update I'll try to follow up on this post too.:)

Finally someone who agrees! ;) I think most don't have the 2 phones side-by-side so its hard to make a comparison. I'm guessing that the LEDs in the dinc2 just aren't as powerful as the dinc1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all -

When I upgraded to the dinc2 I came from the original dinc (actually gave it to a buddy of mine).

Anyway - we were comparing phones and the Torch / flashlight on the dinc is SO MUCH BRIGHTER than the dinc2. The DINC on "low" is the same brightness as the dinc2 on "high," and the DINC on "high" is not even comparable - it's so much brighter. The dinc2 low vs high almost seems the same.

Anyone else notice this? Does the original Dinc just have a much brighter flash / leds than the Dinc2? Or is the torch app on the Dinc2 not working correctly?