[ROMS] Updated: 17/08/2013 - Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages!

Search This thread

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
Re: [ROMS] Updated: 26/12/2012 - Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages!

Its not simple as that.. Once the device is "modified" the app refuses to work.. Which is why I'd like a confirmation from somebody who has it working on this rom

Oh I see well this pre rooted rom shows as original not modified but I did have the modified issue once and a factory reset fixed it. Was not related to the rom as it already showed modified before I flashed it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I see well this pre rooted rom shows as original not modified but I did have the modified issue once and a factory reset fixed it. Was not related to the rom as it already showed modified before I flashed it.

Ok How do I go about flashing this on a non rooted S3? Turn phone off put it in download mode and flash it via Odin? Also my phone is locked to T-Mobile I am assuming this rom will unlock it? Will I still receive official OTA software update?

Last edited:

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
Ok How do I go about flashing this on a non rooted S3? Turn phone off put it in download mode and flash it via Odin? Also my phone is locked to T-Mobile I am assuming this rom will unlock it? Will I still receive official OTA software update?

Yes that's all you need to do, it's painless and you still have OTA :)

celahudini

Jul 2, 2011
Sarajevo

Hey guys I wanted to ask when i use a custom mp3 ringtone the volume starts low and then jumps up to max. It isn't ascending, and i read somewhere that the only way to fix it is to have the phone rooted and install another phone.apk. Is there any true to that and how to do it.
Thx

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
Last edited:

celahudini

Jul 2, 2011
Sarajevo

I use stock and you can adjust the volume of the ring in settings, sound then volume.

The sound output is then fixed for your preference.

If you want ascending volume you can use a app like this..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsImNvbS5uZWNlcy5hc2NlbmRpbmdfcmluZ3RvbmUiXQ..

These ones are free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsInVhLnN5ZG9yb3YuaGFuZHlwaG9uZSJd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ib3JnLmFwZWxpa2Vjb2Rlci5pbmNyZWFzaW5ncmluZyJd

Thx but I just want regular ringing volume with a custom ringtone. That can't be done righr now. It's not ascending and it's not regular ringing. It starts low almost muted and then the volume of the ringtone just goes to max all of a sudden

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
Upgrade to this :
Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.2) (EE UK)
PDA: XXBMA6
PHONE: XXBLL5
CSC: EVRBLL1

Also what type of audio file are you using ?

Reactions: celahudini

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
Strange, I use:
GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.2) (EE UK)

I use an MP3 ( Lost - Avenged Sevenfold ) and it works perfectly.

Reactions: celahudini
Aug 7, 2011

Hi guys
After I have flashed the appropriate pre rooted rom, made nandroid and backed up efs file, can I flash custom rom over the top?
Cheers for any help you csn give me!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

empedokles

Feb 4, 2013
Hi,

nice work :D, actually i don't use the stock rom cause i need to have the cifs kernel module.
is there any chance to get the cifs.so for the stock kernel? Or maybe including it into the rom?
Might be interesting, cause things like all share cast dongle only work with stock rom.

Hey Liquid I want to roll back to 4.1.1 to access hidden menu to unlock my phone. My question is will the flash counter and red exclamation mark show up if I used the official stock rom found in the front page? Or should I use the prerooted version? I know the difference between the two in terms of having root access but I am not certain if I should use the official stock as I want to avoid triggering the counter.. I am not fussed about root access cos I will update the fone back to stock 4.1.2 amyway. Please advice...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am currently implementing an alternate method of Rooting which I have found to be successful by means of Pre-Rooting the system.img file. I have previously released Pre-Rooted ROMs for the Galaxy S II and wanted to continue this development for the Galaxy S III.

Why use this Root Method? Well the main reasons are:

- You have a complete Odin Flashable ROM Package.

- No Insecure Kernels are used or required.

- You can flash these packages on Non-Rooted devices

- The Binary Flash Counter will NOT increase when flashing these ROM Packages.

- The Red Exclamation Mark will NOT appear at boot up.

- And finally, you only have to flash one file in Odin and you have a complete firmware including Root Permissions.

What Root Package is used in these ROMs?

- Busybox 1.20.2 (Newer ROMs)

- SuperSU 1.51 (Newer ROMs)

Previously released ROMs may have an older Busybox and SuperSU package installed.

Please Note: This Root Method does not include a Custom Recovery. This is for people who only require Root Permissions. If you do require a Custom Recovery, you will need to flash this yourself separately.

Just UnZip and Flash the '.tar.md5' File in Odin.

Password (All Packages): LyriquidPerfection@XDA

Note: If you are coming from a Custom ROM, remember to Wipe Data and Cache Partitions before flashing to avoid Boot Loops.

Modified Stock Packages:

(Modifications: Newest PDA Image and Modem and Pre-Rooted.)

PDA: XXBMD5
    PHONE: XXBMD5
    CSC: EVRBLL2
    Link: Download (Dev-Host)

PDA: XXBLL5

PDA: XXBLL3
    PHONE: XXBLL3
    CSC: EVRALI5

Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.1) (EE UK)
    PDA: XXALK3
    PHONE: XXALK2

Original Stock Packages:

(Modifications: Pre-Rooted Only.)

PDA: XXBMF1
    PHONE: BVBMF1
    CSC: EVRBMF1

Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.1) (EE UK)
    PDA: XXALI5
    PHONE: BVALI5
    Released: 17/09/2012
    Pre-Rooted Stock ROM: Download (Dev-Host)
    Original Stock ROM: Download (Dev-Host)

If you find my Pre-Rooted Firmwares useful then please consider a small donation. :)

More To Come!
    This thread has now been updated! :)
    Pre-Rooted XXBLL5 for EE UK has now been uploaded. Sorry for the delay and enjoy! :)

Latest Stock, pre-rooted, unbranded, HD Voice enabled:
    PRE_ROOTED_I9305XXBMD1 (CSC_EVR)
    enjoy! :)

OP: could you add it to main list? thanks