[Q] Kindle FDire HD bootloop but it worked once (till TWRP)

Search This thread

pierg75

Hi,

I was trying to install the second boot loader on a KFHD and it worked until we reboot into TWRP.
I then tried to reboot it into the OS (not flashing any CM or custom rom) and I got into a bootloop where I can see the Kindle fire logo (orange)
followed immediately the fastboot mode (even if not cables are connected).
I'm suspecting a pretty bad brick...is there anything I can do?

One thing, I have no windows here, only Linux.

Thanks

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That actually makes things easier since your on Linux IMO. Sounds like either your idme boot mode is stuck on fastboot or something happened to the kernel of the os. Does it ever display the blue kindle fire logo? If not you may have to restore some of the partitions.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Reactions: pierg75

pierg75

fastboot doesn't event detect the device...actually I can see in the logs that I can see the device:

Code:
Nov 30 22:37:15 deb kernel: [39896.245265] usb 7-5: New USB device found, idVendor=0451, idProduct=d010

And it's looping.

The blue logo appeared only a couple of times, since then I got stuck in this loop.
The weird thing is that when I turn it on, I see a faded image of the fastboot logo and the appears the classic kindle logo.
The latter fades away every time leaving the screen black.

Thanks

pierg75

Turning it off and on again I see that the first device is this one:

Code:
Nov 30 22:48:20 deb kernel: [40562.103796] usb 7-5: New USB device found, idVendor=1949, idProduct=0007
Nov 30 22:48:20 deb kernel: [40562.103801] usb 7-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=5, Product=1, SerialNumber=2
Nov 30 22:48:20 deb kernel: [40562.103804] usb 7-5: Product: Tate-PVT-08

Then it disconnects and reconnect as:

Code:
Nov 30 22:48:24 deb kernel: [40565.748989] usb 7-5: New USB device found, idVendor=0451, idProduct=d010
Nov 30 22:48:24 deb kernel: [40565.748992] usb 7-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=33, Product=37, SerialNumber=0
Nov 30 22:48:24 deb kernel: [40565.748995] usb 7-5: Product: OMAP4440

And this one loops.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Woah omap 4440 is never a good sign, I would hold down the volume down key when you turn it on and see if u can get into recovery, if you can't I would recommend reflashing the boot loader, because omap4440 errors are not always recoverable and yours is at least giving some signs of hope by displaying the blue logo and being detected as a fastboot device. I would download the boot loader for your device and check its md5sum, then leave a terminal running with "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader bootloaderfilenamehere" and see if it can reflash when its detected, downside is if it does an incomplete flash it will hardbrick., that's why I was hoping you could get into twrp since you have a blue logo and flash it from in there where that wouldn't necessarily be an issue.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Reactions: pierg75

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I believed so, they are for the 7" HD model, just check your md5sum's after you download the files,.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I assume volume down and power doesn't take you to twrp?

In fast boot mode try this
    Fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
    That actually makes things easier since your on Linux IMO. Sounds like either your idme boot mode is stuck on fastboot or something happened to the kernel of the os. Does it ever display the blue kindle fire logo? If not you may have to restore some of the partitions.

Woah omap 4440 is never a good sign, I would hold down the volume down key when you turn it on and see if u can get into recovery, if you can't I would recommend reflashing the boot loader, because omap4440 errors are not always recoverable and yours is at least giving some signs of hope by displaying the blue logo and being detected as a fastboot device. I would download the boot loader for your device and check its md5sum, then leave a terminal running with "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader bootloaderfilenamehere" and see if it can reflash when its detected, downside is if it does an incomplete flash it will hardbrick., that's why I was hoping you could get into twrp since you have a blue logo and flash it from in there where that wouldn't necessarily be an issue.