Wipe t999

Search This thread

djimpulsion

Jun 27, 2011
New york
I flashed route 66 4.3 update via Odin last night, however I would like to do a clean install. How can I wipe the internal memory so I can re-flash via odin? I'm trying to remove all apps etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
There is a script that can be flashed through a custom recovery that will completely wipe your internal memory clean. I have it on my S3. I'm on my nexus 5 now so I don't have access to it right now. If someone doesn't have a better suggestion I'll share it with you when I can.

Typed from Nexus 5, ZFFZ

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Go into recovery and format /Data. If you are on TWRP, there should be an Erase Internal in the Wipe settings. Not sure about Clockwork.

Boot to recovery.
Wipe /Cache
Wipe /Dalvik-Cache
Factory Reset.
Format /System
Format /Data
Profit!!!

In recovery Format Data =/= Wipe Data
Format is erasing your internal
Wipe is wiping your app data.

Edit: If you want to flash what Jorge said above, just search for XquiziT's Superwipe and you might be able to find it. ;)

Last edited:

djimpulsion

Jun 27, 2011
New york
superwipe doesn't work, i get an error and reboots back into 4.3

Go into recovery and format /Data. If you are on TWRP, there should be an Erase Internal in the Wipe settings. Not sure about Clockwork.

Boot to recovery.
Wipe /Cache
Wipe /Dalvik-Cache
Factory Reset.
Format /System
Format /Data
Profit!!!

Edit: If you want to flash what Jorge said above, just search for XquiziT's Superwipe and you might be able to find it. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a script that can be flashed through a custom recovery that will completely wipe your internal memory clean. I have it on my S3. I'm on my nexus 5 now so I don't have access to it right now. If someone doesn't have a better suggestion I'll share it with you when I can.

Typed from Nexus 5, ZFFZ

Boot to recovery.
    Wipe /Cache
    Wipe /Dalvik-Cache
    Factory Reset.
    Format /System
    Format /Data
    Profit!!!

Guess you'll have to do it the long way then per the instructions above. Let us know how it goes.
    Will definitely give it a shot when I have more time! Thank for the help :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app