Stuck in ROM install load screen- Can't get to Bootloader

Search This thread

z1ggy

Dec 11, 2013
I posted this in ATT HTC One, but it's not getting any attention.

Unlocked and rooted my phone last night using the latest version of TWRP. I mistakenly (not knowing at the time) used the Cyanogenmod installer kit which gave me an error during install. Now my phone is stuck on that spinning CM loading screen. When I go to get into the bootloader (power + volume down) my phone restarts and goes to the bright HTC screen with the red writing on the bottom, then goes right back to the CM loading screen and not into the bootloader menu like I want.

I have not yet tried the trick of holding the phone near bright lights to try and get it into bootloader. The USB cable I think is fine as well and not a cause of anything.

Any suggestions please? I have searched through this forum a lot, but haven't found this exact problem yet.

Sedariya11

Aug 27, 2011
Mumbai
ASUS ROG Phone II
I posted this in ATT HTC One, but it's not getting any attention.

Unlocked and rooted my phone last night using the latest version of TWRP. I mistakenly (not knowing at the time) used the Cyanogenmod installer kit which gave me an error during install. Now my phone is stuck on that spinning CM loading screen. When I go to get into the bootloader (power + volume down) my phone restarts and goes to the bright HTC screen with the red writing on the bottom, then goes right back to the CM loading screen and not into the bootloader menu like I want.

I have not yet tried the trick of holding the phone near bright lights to try and get it into bootloader. The USB cable I think is fine as well and not a cause of anything.

Any suggestions please? I have searched through this forum a lot, but haven't found this exact problem yet.

Ok you dont need to worry abt this. You need to Press (Power + Volume Down) till your phone restarts and then just leave the power button but keep holding the volume down button and it will take you to the Fastboot Mode and from there you can go to recovery and flash another Compatible ROM or do RUU. Hope it helps:good:

z1ggy

Dec 11, 2013
Thank you! I will try this tonight.

Others have also said I need to do this under a bright light, too.