[Q] If I take my phone to a repair shop will they get it back on stock firmware?

Search This thread

tomquartey

Jul 31, 2013
I've been pulling my hair out trying to return my phone to stock in order to recieve OTA updates,
it's been the most frustrating process ever.

It's been made infinitely more frustrating because of the fact that my laptop and my desktop both run on windows 8.1
and my HTC One M7 isn't recognized in fastboot in either of them. As a result of this i've been having to borrow friends
laptops which run on windows 7 in order to try and sort the process which i'm not comfortable with.
Tried installing different drivers to no avail.

Been trying all types of things like Hasoon's tool box and an infinite amount of other techniqeus. For hours straight i've been trying and other methods to sort out the issue but have always stumbled into
walls. It's been so frustrating.

Will a phoneshop like a little store in town (not a big store like THREE or Vodaphone) be able to return my phone's software to as new like when I got it from my phone store so that I can recieve OTA updates?

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I've been pulling my hair out trying to return my phone to stock in order to recieve OTA updates,
it's been the most frustrating process ever

I understand its frustrating but you really don't need to send your device to phone shop to return stock and get ota. Its a relatively simple process and many users here can help you. But we can't help if you keep creating new threads each days for the same issue.
thread 1
thread 2
thread 3
thread 4

So as nkk71 said in thread 1
make up your mind, where you wanna post, so people can actually help

Now what I understand from all this (correct me if i'm wrong), you were on H3G, you were not able to receive ota to kitkat (even if I doubt H3G released kitkat yet...) So you s-off'ed your phone to install 1.29.401 Ruu.exe with supercid. Now you have these issues:

1. You can't receive ota
  2. you are using windows 8.1 with hboot 1.44 so fastboot isn't working properly

• To receive OTA updates, you need:

• stock recovery
  • CID that match your main-version (the ruu version you installed.... a .401 base)
  • MID that match your main-ver

CID that match the ruu you used (1.28.401.7):
  • HTC__001
  • HTC__E11
  • HTC__102
  • HTC__203
  • HTC__405
  • HTC__Y13
  • HTC__304
  • HTC__032
  • HTC__A07
  • HTC__J15
  • HTC__016
ref here (4th download link in the list)

MID that match the ruu you used (1.28.401.7)
  • PN0710000

So now you will need to confirm what you need with this command:

Code:
fastboot getvar all

and you need this:

Code:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-main: [COLOR="Red"]1.29.401.7[/COLOR]    [COLOR="red"]----->        assuming this info is good[/COLOR]
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: [COLOR="red"]PN0710000[/COLOR]     [COLOR="red"]-------> need this MID (PN0710000)[/COLOR]
(bootloader) cidnum: [COLOR="Red"]NEED CID LISTED ABOVE HERE NOT H3G, NOT SUPERCID[/COLOR]
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off

now you should know how to change CID because you already did to be supercid but just in case:

Code:
fastboot oem writecid HTC__001   [COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'll suggest you use HTC__001 but its up to you to chose from the list above[/COLOR]
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then reboot and try to search for ota from your phone.

• Now the Win8.1/Fastboot/hboot 1.44 issue: (Yes, you need to solve this first :eek: )

• get your hands on a winXP, win7 computer or
  • install windows 7 on dual boot on your computer or
  • use a Ubuntu live cd instead of windows to use fastboot from terminal (require no installation of ubuntu) as sugested by tobesedated in thread 4 with his awesome guide including picutres (maybe her.. idk :confused: ) you can skip steps that involve rumrunner as you already have s-off. you just want adb/fastboot working from the terminal)

now try all this and feel free to ask other questions or pm me like you did, but please don't create another thread for this :p
Im going to sleep now so don't expect any reply from me for the next 10 hours.

oh and when you'll get fastboot working, post your ''fastboot getvar all'' here (except imei/sn) it will help.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Feel free to add anything if i'm missing something ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's been the most frustrating process ever

I understand its frustrating but you really don't need to send your device to phone shop to return stock and get ota. Its a relatively simple process and many users here can help you. But we can't help if you keep creating new threads each days for the same issue.
    thread 1
    thread 2
    thread 3
    thread 4

So as nkk71 said in thread 1
    make up your mind, where you wanna post, so people can actually help

Now what I understand from all this (correct me if i'm wrong), you were on H3G, you were not able to receive ota to kitkat (even if I doubt H3G released kitkat yet...) So you s-off'ed your phone to install 1.29.401 Ruu.exe with supercid. Now you have these issues:

1. You can't receive ota
    2. you are using windows 8.1 with hboot 1.44 so fastboot isn't working properly

• To receive OTA updates, you need:

• stock recovery
    • CID that match your main-version (the ruu version you installed.... a .401 base)
    • MID that match your main-ver

CID that match the ruu you used (1.28.401.7):
    • HTC__001
    • HTC__E11
    • HTC__102
    • HTC__203
    • HTC__405
    • HTC__Y13
    • HTC__304
    • HTC__032
    • HTC__A07
    • HTC__J15
    • HTC__016

MID that match the ruu you used (1.28.401.7)
    • PN0710000

So now you will need to confirm what you need with this command:

Code:
    fastboot getvar all

and you need this:

Code:
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
    (bootloader) version-main: [COLOR="Red"]1.29.401.7[/COLOR]    [COLOR="red"]----->        assuming this info is good[/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    (bootloader) product: m7_ul
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
    (bootloader) modelid: [COLOR="red"]PN0710000[/COLOR]     [COLOR="red"]-------> need this MID (PN0710000)[/COLOR]
    (bootloader) cidnum: [COLOR="Red"]NEED CID LISTED ABOVE HERE NOT H3G, NOT SUPERCID[/COLOR]
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: off

now you should know how to change CID because you already did to be supercid but just in case:

Code:
    fastboot oem writecid HTC__001   [COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'll suggest you use HTC__001 but its up to you to chose from the list above[/COLOR]
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

then reboot and try to search for ota from your phone.

• Now the Win8.1/Fastboot/hboot 1.44 issue: (Yes, you need to solve this first :eek: )

• get your hands on a winXP, win7 computer or
    • install windows 7 on dual boot on your computer or
    • use a Ubuntu live cd instead of windows to use fastboot from terminal (require no installation of ubuntu) as sugested by tobesedated in thread 4 with his awesome guide including picutres (maybe her.. idk :confused: ) you can skip steps that involve rumrunner as you already have s-off. you just want adb/fastboot working from the terminal)

now try all this and feel free to ask other questions or pm me like you did, but please don't create another thread for this :p
    Im going to sleep now so don't expect any reply from me for the next 10 hours.

oh and when you'll get fastboot working, post your ''fastboot getvar all'' here (except imei/sn) it will help.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Feel free to add anything if i'm missing something ;)