[Q] Proximity sensor problem is there a way to calibrate it

Search This thread

johnwilliams-84

Jan 25, 2014
my proximity sensor has been acting up since the 4.3 OTA update, my screen stays black after calls, sometimes after screen time outs and I normally have to wait awhile before it'll turn back on, The infra red light for the proxy sensor stays on as well, it used to just blink occasionally. and yes I can see the infra red light, first sensor to the right of the speaker, for those of you who cant see it try looking at it with a camera and it'll become visible. since this seems to control my screen even while not making a call I need to disable it or calibrate it, I have already disabled it at phone, call settings, turn off screen during calls.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
my proximity sensor has been acting up since the 4.3 OTA update, my screen stays black after calls, sometimes after screen time outs and I normally have to wait awhile before it'll turn back on, The infra red light for the proxy sensor stays on as well, it used to just blink occasionally. and yes I can see the infra red light, first sensor to the right of the speaker, for those of you who cant see it try looking at it with a camera and it'll become visible. since this seems to control my screen even while not making a call I need to disable it or calibrate it, I have already disabled it at phone, call settings, turn off screen during calls.

The option has been removed from 4.3 OTA, there's no way to calibrate them. Also none of the third part apps are compatible with this. :crying: