Does custom kernel/rom improves your battery?

Search This thread

m111920

Sep 30, 2013
Bjelovar
I have ST15i with stock kernel on .587 based custom rom, battery could be better, should I change to custom kernel?
Post your opinions :)

iPusak Gaoq™

Mar 21, 2012
Kuching
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi A3
I have ST15i with stock kernel on .587 based custom rom, battery could be better, should I change to custom kernel?
Post your opinions :)

Hmmm...technically yes it does improve battery consuming but it's all depend on how many apps/games you install on your devices...remember, majority of apps need to runs in the background so the more apps running in the background, the more battery it consume...

if you want to use custom kernel then make sure you devices bootloader can be unlock first...

m111920

Sep 30, 2013
Bjelovar
Hmmm...technically yes it does improve battery consuming but it's all depend on how many apps/games you install on your devices...remember, majority of apps need to runs in the background so the more apps running in the background, the more battery it consume...

if you want to use custom kernel then make sure you devices bootloader can be unlock first...

I know that, lol,
I have bootloader key from sony..

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
I know that, lol,

if you know that, why you ask??? theres many, many ,many more that affetcs your battery than a kernel. imagine your system like a city. the kernel is the big main way, so it just leads/rules mainly. but theres 100+ things that can affect how it goes in that city. you will never get a easy answer for this.

Reactions: dato02

m111920

Sep 30, 2013
Bjelovar
if you know that, why you ask??? theres many, many ,many more that affetcs your battery than a kernel. imagine your system like a city. the kernel is the big main way, so it just leads/rules mainly. but theres 100+ things that can affect how it goes in that city. you will never get a easy answer for this.

I'm not an noob, I always search before posting, by the rules. I just didn't find my answer here so I asked it.

My problem is really a battery drain overnight,it goes about 10 percent with no much apps installed,on stock ICS, 2g only.

I have uninstalled Youtube and viber,turned off unnecessary features..

dato02

Jan 9, 2013
Tbilisi
I'm not an noob, I always search before posting, by the rules. I just didn't find my answer here so I asked it.

My problem is really a battery drain overnight,it goes about 10 percent with no much apps installed,on stock ICS, 2g only.

turn off wifi before you go to sleep, also use Greenify and Wakelock detector to get the most out of your battery.

Reactions: bejunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that, lol,

turn off wifi before you go to sleep, also use Greenify and Wakelock detector to get the most out of your battery.