[HOW TO] get your AT&T phone onto ICS Leak #1 - Process Updated 11/11/2012

Search This thread

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Ok everyone the leak is here!

I have tested it all day and it works very well, very smooth.

Don't post here if you are having issues with this leak itself. If you have issues with the process then by all means post in here with the issue.

So this is a how to with all the files needed being posted in here as well.

1) FXZ back to full 100% stock 2.3.6, ONLY if you were ON GB to begin with!!! If you started on the ICS OTA, then do not attempt this, you will Brick!!!
2) Download the file below called Blur_Version.55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip and copy it to the root of your SDcard (it does not matter how it gets there)
3) Boot into stock recovery (power off, then while the phone is off hold both the Vol up and Vol down button, right in the middle, then hold the power button until you see the boot menu, then highlight recovery with the Vol down button, and select with the Vol up button).
4) Get to the recovery menu (you should see an android with an exclamation point, at this point) by holding the Vol up and Vol down button, then the menu will pop up, select install from /sdcard, then select the Blur file from the root of your sdcard, and tell it to flash it. You will flash a new recovery and see a droid laying down with it's belly open and red exclamation point, this is normal, just hit both Vol up and Vol down again to get the menu and select to flash from sdcard again and choose the same Blur file as before.
5) Boot into ICS, and root using the zip below, you will connect the phone to your computer and use the root.bat (unzip this folder to your desktop) for windows and root.sh for linux/mac.

Files:

ICS OTA:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...man/Blur_Version.55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip

MD5sum: 5bd615584406ba726ad7d49a225dd6f1

ICS root:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/A2_ICS_root.zip

MD5sum: 7cd5a0896a8be580b5a379dff408d0ad

Fxz back to 2.3.5 from ICS, ONLY USE THIS METOD:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1805975

Please do not post anything in this thread but install issues. DO NOT ASK IF YOU SHOULD UN-ROOT OR IF YOU CAN STAY ROOTED, OR IF YOU DID THE FXZ YESTERDAY ARE YOU OK. Follow the instructions above, or don't if you don't you will NOT get support.

Note: I am not responsible if you bootloop. brick or wreck your phone, or if your girl leaves you cause you play with your phone too much because of this. You are doing this of your own free will!

You will most likely not be able to get the "real" OTA while on this leak, and since the BL is going to be the same, you may not be able to install the "real" OTA at all, so when it comes out you will need to give the devs time to make it work for anyone who installed this. Again no complaints about this either, your dev team will find a way to make it work. You just need to give us the time needed when it comes out if there are any issues.

Last edited:

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Quick question.. If I fkz from 2.3.6 wont we get the "invalid CG version error"? There's a thread to fix that but it says it takes stock recovery away (which is needed to flash the OTA). How do i downgrade?

xLordNitro

Jun 11, 2012
Quick question.. If I fkz from 2.3.6 wont we get the "invalid CG version error"? There's a thread to fix that but it says it takes stock recovery away (which is needed to flash the OTA). How do i downgrade?

I FXZ'd from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 so I don't know about such a problem.

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

atrix2noob

Jun 4, 2012
How do we get it on our phone if we are running stock 2.3.6? (Unrooted)

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

tnayrbj

Mar 18, 2007
Louisville, KY
question

Done:

Thank you so much Jim. You are the best.
Now if only I could get my Nexus 7 on Thursday , on my day off, I would have everything

Last edited:

PhoenixNghi

Feb 2, 2011
Help me!
My MD5 is matched with 5bd615584406ba726ad7d49a225dd6f1

Attachments

• ics.jpg
    ics.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Wow...feel like a complete noob. I've used RSD Lite for my X2 plenty of times with SBF files. Don't know how to use this FXZ file though. Read other threads as well and dont know what to do with this 2.3.5 FXZ file? Been rooted on 2.3.6 for a month or so...still new to this device.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Wow...feel like a complete noob. I've used RSD Lite for my X2 plenty of times with SBF files. Don't know how to use this FXZ file though. Read other threads as well and dont know what to do with this 2.3.5 FXZ file? Been rooted on 2.3.6 for a month or so...still new to this device.

Go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1396650

There is a section on the fxz in the above noob thread, also look just a little lower there is also a patch zip file to apply to the fxz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: A2Trip and csgirl08

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok everyone the leak is here!

I have tested it all day and it works very well, very smooth.

Don't post here if you are having issues with this leak itself. If you have issues with the process then by all means post in here with the issue.

So this is a how to with all the files needed being posted in here as well.

1) FXZ back to full 100% stock 2.3.6, ONLY if you were ON GB to begin with!!! If you started on the ICS OTA, then do not attempt this, you will Brick!!!
    2) Download the file below called Blur_Version.55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip and copy it to the root of your SDcard (it does not matter how it gets there)
    3) Boot into stock recovery (power off, then while the phone is off hold both the Vol up and Vol down button, right in the middle, then hold the power button until you see the boot menu, then highlight recovery with the Vol down button, and select with the Vol up button).
    4) Get to the recovery menu (you should see an android with an exclamation point, at this point) by holding the Vol up and Vol down button, then the menu will pop up, select install from /sdcard, then select the Blur file from the root of your sdcard, and tell it to flash it. You will flash a new recovery and see a droid laying down with it's belly open and red exclamation point, this is normal, just hit both Vol up and Vol down again to get the menu and select to flash from sdcard again and choose the same Blur file as before.
    5) Boot into ICS, and root using the zip below, you will connect the phone to your computer and use the root.bat (unzip this folder to your desktop) for windows and root.sh for linux/mac.

Files:

ICS OTA:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...man/Blur_Version.55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US.zip

MD5sum: 5bd615584406ba726ad7d49a225dd6f1

ICS root:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/A2_ICS_root.zip

MD5sum: 7cd5a0896a8be580b5a379dff408d0ad

Fxz back to 2.3.5 from ICS, ONLY USE THIS METOD:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1805975

Please do not post anything in this thread but install issues. DO NOT ASK IF YOU SHOULD UN-ROOT OR IF YOU CAN STAY ROOTED, OR IF YOU DID THE FXZ YESTERDAY ARE YOU OK. Follow the instructions above, or don't if you don't you will NOT get support.

Note: I am not responsible if you bootloop. brick or wreck your phone, or if your girl leaves you cause you play with your phone too much because of this. You are doing this of your own free will!

You will most likely not be able to get the "real" OTA while on this leak, and since the BL is going to be the same, you may not be able to install the "real" OTA at all, so when it comes out you will need to give the devs time to make it work for anyone who installed this. Again no complaints about this either, your dev team will find a way to make it work. You just need to give us the time needed when it comes out if there are any issues.
    Yes we're not far off.
    We've all been working pretty hard on testing whirleyes bootmenu/recovery which is working a charm now after a few tweaks.
    Jim is also working hard on sorting out the at&t mess.

So if you're on at&t, WAIT!

Neo saved me!
    Knock it off!!

Ok people, knock it off!!!

1 More post that I have to delete, and infractions will be coming. And you know who you are, so expect it.

If you have an issue, there are better ways to handle it. Don't respond, just hit the report button. I try to be very good about taking care of things when I can.

There is PM to have pissing contests. Airing out dirty laundry and verbal wars are not the way to do it.

And, there is no need for everybody to "jump on the bandwagon" and contribute to the battle as well. I just spent 20 minutes deleting useless posts that clog the thread, while I was right in the middle of deodexing my own rom so I could publish it.

So KNOCK IT OFF.

Thanks

MD
    Anyone have a link to the 2.3.5 fkz? All the links I've checked are down!

Here try this one:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php
    This leak is awesome.
    Everyone follows exactly the 1st post.
    This is how I suceeded:
    Flash stock 2.3.5 by RSD (replace.zip if u r on 2.3.6)
    OTA 2.3.6
    Then boot into stock recovery and flash ICSleak zip

At the first time my phone displayed a red triangle on a lying down Android robot's belly
    2nd flash is ok
    First boot there was a pop up said that gapps has stopped working
    But it's still ok

All you had.to do with the red.triangle with the lying down droid, was hit the vol up and vol down button to get the menu again, and select to flash the file again. it just flashed an updated recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium