What is the biggest standard size battery for the Blackstone?

Search This thread

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I ordered my 1700 mAh today. When it arrives i will test it a little bit and post my results. I'm thinking of do a full charge and measure the time how long it takes to empty the battery with the display on full brightness. I will test my relatively new original battery and the 1700 mAh

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
Ok my 1700 mAh battery arrived to days ago, so the seller is shipping pretty fast thats a plus. The battery has a CE logo so it is certificated and tested for Europe standards, this means it probably WON'T set our loved Blackstone in fire ;) i will post a photo later.

I stared the stress test with the 1700 mAh battery!

[size=+2]1700 mAh[/size]

The Conditions:

ROM: Dutty v3.9 Turbo
Radio: 1.14.25.24
Radio is on but the phone is not moved around and has full 3G Signal
The screen brightness i set to max and turned permanently on
No applications are working in background the phone was charging will it was off and I'm measuring time since i pressed the power button

1-hour: Battery Level dropped to 92%
2-hour: Battery Level dropped to 77%
3-hour: Battery Level dropped to 62%
4-hour: Battery Level dropped to 54%
5-hour: Battery Level dropped to 39%
6-hour: Battery Level dropped to 18%
7-hour: Battery Level dropped to 04%

The phone powered off after 07:11 with 2% power left

[size=+2]Original 1350 mAh[/size]
(3 months old, but still in a great condition)

The Conditions:

No applications are working in background the phone was charging will it was off and I'm measuring time since i pressed the power button

1-hour: Battery Level dropped to 85%
2-hour: Battery Level dropped to 68%
3-hour: Battery Level dropped to 57%
4-hour: Battery Level dropped to 29%
5-hour: Battery Level dropped to 12%

The phone powered off after 05:28 with 2% power left

In my case the 1700 mAh has about 24% more juice, i think this will be definitive noticeable under real conditions!
Is it worth the money?
Impartial it is too expensive, but I for myself didn't care i just want more juice for my Blackstone without
touching its GREAT looks. So a battery which needs a custom backcover was not a option.

Last edited:

blacriderv

Dec 20, 2005
Casablanca
superdev.co
Ok my 1700 mAh battery arrived to days ago, so the seller is shipping pretty fast thats a plus. The battery has a CE logo so it is certificated and tested for Europe standards, this means it probably WON'T set our loved Blackstone in fire ;) i will post a photo later.

I stared the stress test with the 1700 mAh battery!

[SIZE=+2]1700 mAh[/SIZE]

The Conditions:

1-hour: Battery Level dropped to 92%

Well, if there are no value to compare with, your "92%" are rather useless :p

Do the same test with the original battery and post your result :D

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I'm testing right now... and will update my post....please be
patient, the test for the 1700 will be completed today, hopefully :rolleyes:

I will test the original 1350 tomorrow or on Sunday...

Last edited:

dubc35

Apr 1, 2009
Seattle, WA
Cool, thanks for the update. I was going to ask the seller; just wanted to see if some more info came up in this thread and it was worth it to upgrade.

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
As promised here is a picture off the battery!

As you can see it has CE logo printed on it so it is certificated and tested for Europe standards! The package also says it is ISO9001:2000 certified.

picture.php

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
Ya indeed, everybody can print a CE logo :p

It not that easy you can't just print a CE logo and sell imports without real
certification in Europe. China imports have to go through customs, and if you are importing for commercial use, you can't just sell smuggled items.

This eBay guy is selling the batteries also through his online shop
www.pda-square.de and he is also shipping from Europe!

It would be an other story if he was shipping 1 or 2 batteries from
Hong Kong to private customers...but this is not the case.

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
So i edited post #23 and added my results for the original 1350 mAh battery. :)

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
I have already bought one, who is going to buy one and write a small review :rolleyes:

dez93_2000

Jan 17, 2009
San Carlos
Ikkari am I right in thinking that you don't need a new back, i.e. it's the same size as standard?

Any preliminary feeling about performance? No numbers needed, any info appreciated.
Cheers
dez

Ikkari

Mar 18, 2009
The 1700 mAh that i have posted is the same size as the standard battery, so you don't need a new back!

I'm definitely feel a juice gain in everyday use, at least now my Blackstone has enough power to overcome a full day of heavy use, which it couldn't before with the standard battery.

yo3gjc

May 14, 2007
Mississauga, ON
I have a 1700 mAh already shipped, I am waiting for it in a day or so and I just bought a 2nd one 1950mAh, as soon as I get it I'll do a test and see what is going on

The 1700 mAh that i just bought a posted is the same size as the standard battery, so you don't need a new back!

I'm definitely feel a juice gain in everyday use, at least now my Blackstone has enough power to overcome a full day of heavy use, which it couldn't before with the standard battery.

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
The 1700 mAh that i have posted is the same size as the standard battery, so you don't need a new back!

can you give me a link in english?I can't understand that .thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stardust, I have a 1500mah battery and tbattery says it's capacity is 1350. I believe that's a default set in tbattery, not that the battery has a capacity of 1350.