[Q] App Question - Sonic Retro Engine (Android ports of Sonic 1/2/CD)

Search This thread

EnergyUK

Dec 28, 2011
Lincoln
Hi all,

Bit of an odd one, but I love my G Pad, it gets used heavily. I know this possibly out of the scope of this forum, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing an issue with Sonic 1, 2 or CD on this tablet. It's a weird issue, due to at first playing silky smooth - then it gets 20 seconds in and suddenly it goes slow-motion.

I'm on KitKat - does it work well for anyone else? If so any suggestions for what could be causing it to work perfectly for a set amount of time then slowing down?
any idea for fixes?

If more than me experiences these issues I'll chase the developer! :)

BillGaitas

Nov 28, 2010
Hi all,

Bit of an odd one, but I love my G Pad, it gets used heavily. I know this possibly out of the scope of this forum, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing an issue with Sonic 1, 2 or CD on this tablet. It's a weird issue, due to at first playing silky smooth - then it gets 20 seconds in and suddenly it goes slow-motion.

I'm on KitKat - does it work well for anyone else? If so any suggestions for what could be causing it to work perfectly for a set amount of time then slowing down?
any idea for fixes?

If more than me experiences these issues I'll chase the developer! :)

Having the same problem with the Sonic 2 and CD. (Don't have Sonic 1)

BillGaitas

Nov 28, 2010
I have all 3 on iOS but only 2 & CD on Android. I've now messaged the developer saying that at least one other person is experiencing this issue!
Are you running on Kit Kat?

Yes, 4.4.2 stock. I didn't get to try out Sonic on 4.2.2 because the first thing I did when I got the G Pad was update it. (I only got this device last week)

idontmind

Jul 31, 2014
Hi,

Same thing here (v20a 4.4.2 root)
Tested Sonic 2 and Sonic CD. These games ran flawlessly two days ago, when I was still in 4.2.2...

FYI same problem with "Leo's Fortune" now, which also ran fine before the update :(
No such problem in "Type Rider" for instance (similar gameplay)

These are the only ones I tested so far
Any problem with other games ?

edit : When it happens, pressing Home button then going back to the game gives another 20 seconds of smooth gameplay, but then...
In another (french) forum, a guy reported having this issue with 4.4.2 stock, but not anymore after installing CM11
Sounds like LG software might be the problem, not KitKat

Last edited:

EnergyUK

Dec 28, 2011
Lincoln
edit : When it happens, pressing Home button then going back to the game gives another 20 seconds of smooth gameplay, but then...
In another (french) forum, a guy reported having this issue with 4.4.2 stock, but not anymore after installing CM11
Sounds like LG software might be the problem, not KitKat

Hmm interesting. At first I was very much against rooting and installing a custom rom on this tablet, but slowly the benefits are starting to outweigh the stock. Screen casting and higher app compatibility... hmm.

Gamerz31w

Sep 10, 2017
I would love to see how to make character mods on sonic cd , sonic 1, sonic 2 android and ios ports.Including sprites of sonic, Tails or knuckles from Sonic mania.