Airtel 3G APN Settings

Search This thread

El Che

Jun 7, 2010
I filled in the new settings in APN but im getting 2G instead of 3G ? :confused:

Anyone knows what i did wrong ? And the airtel "customer help" are not exactly helping me in any way.

Name: Airtel
APN: airtelgprs.com
Proxy: 100.1.200.99
Port: 8080
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: <not set>
MMS Proxy: <not set>
MMS Port: <not set>
MMS Protocol: <not set>
MCC: 404
MNC: 10
Authentication Type: <not set>
APN Type: <not set>

smokin901

For Airtel mobile office your settings are ok just remove proxy and port. if you are trying to setup airtel live then apn should be airtelfun.com and proxy and port remains. most of the android phone will not display 3G instead it will show H for HSPDA. if 3G signal is weak it will switch back to edge and will show "E". try changing the mode to WCDMA only. then check.

Last edited:

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
as an alternate give these a try for data.

1. Homepage – any page you want to set.
2. User Name – Blank
3. Password – Blank
4. Proxy – Enabled/yes.
5. Proxy and Server Adress – 202.56.231.117
6. Proxy and Server Port – 8080
7. Data bearer – GPRS or Packet Data.
8. Access Point Name – airtelgprs.com
9. Authentication Type – Normal
10. Use preferred access point – No

Reactions: sanjoy pal

aronin

Jun 1, 2010
Even I am having the same problem. My settings are correct as stated above but I am getting only 2G. 3G hasnt come up even once and I have travelled over 20 Kms across the length of Bombay, so coverage cannot be an issue. Do I need to change anything else?

smokin901

Open Dialer and type this *#*#4636#*#*

Select the drop-down that says "Phone Information". From there, scroll down to where it should say "WCDMA preferred", and change it to "WCDMA only". Use the back key to get out. now check if your phone is able to detect 3G network. once it connects to 3G and you see H.

Airtel has worst network in mumbai so for phone to stay connected on 3G network signal strenght should be above -125db or else phone will switch back to 2G network. may be because of low signal stength you are not able to get 3G

aznindguy4u

Dec 16, 2010

Select the drop-down that says "Phone Information". From there, scroll down to where it should say "WCDMA preferred", and change it to "WCDMA only". Use the back key to get out. now check if your phone is able to detect 3G network. once it connects to 3G and you see H.

Airtel has worst network in mumbai so for phone to stay connected on 3G network signal strenght should be above -125db or else phone will switch back to 2G network. may be because of low signal stength you are not able to get 3G

Hey Smokin,

I tried this method to force WCDMA mode on my Samsung Captivate, but had no luck getting the 3g symbol on my phone. Instead I still have the E symbol for edge.

I have been trying since Saturday to get Airtel to put their 3g service on my phone, but had no luck. I went to a Airtel shop yesterday here in Manipal to get 3g manually activated on my phone. That didn't do any good as well.

I believe like you said that the problem isn't the activation aspect of 3g, but rather the signal strength for 3g is too low to be picked up by android phones. When I went to the Airtel shop the other day I noticed that most of the people there with working 3g phones had either a blackberry or iphone device.

If this is actually the case, I have no choice but to switch to another cell phone service provider who provides 3g service with a "android-friendly" signal strength. Is there such a thing?

aznindguy4u

Dec 16, 2010
Hey,

I don't have any other handset with 3g capability nor do my buddies here. When I put the phone in WCDMA mode, I didn't get a signal for the GSM Airtel Network.

Apparently other Galaxy S owners have been having problems with Airtel's 3g network (Read at the comment section below: mobilegyaan.com/airtel-3g-karnataka-price).

Maybe Airtel will resolve this soon?

Edit: 3g is working now on my handset with Airtel network in Manipal.

Last edited:

slalani

Jan 19, 2011

Airtel launched its 3g service in Hyderabad today. And I was facing similar problems as others here. Selecting "WCDMA Only" did the trick for me and now I have the 'H' symbol on my HTC Wildfire.

However, I checked the signal strength and it is displaying -81dBm 16 asu. Does this mean I won't be able to access 3g with "WCDMA preferred" selected as I often roam and would like to fall back on 2g in the absence of 3g signal.

Also, will the above mentioned signal strength affect the call quality in any way?

Thanks for your help..

smokin901

Airtel launched its 3g service in Hyderabad today. And I was facing similar problems as others here. Selecting "WCDMA Only" did the trick for me and now I have the 'H' symbol on my HTC Wildfire.

However, I checked the signal strength and it is displaying -81dBm 16 asu. Does this mean I won't be able to access 3g with "WCDMA preferred" selected as I often roam and would like to fall back on 2g in the absence of 3g signal.

Also, will the above mentioned signal strength affect the call quality in any way?

Thanks for your help..

-81dBm is greater than -124dBm it is a good signal strength. problem with WCDMA only mode is if there is no 3G signal there will be no service. best would be to keep on on WCDMA prefered.

Reactions: slalani
S

sriharshavr.y

Select the drop-down that says "Phone Information". From there, scroll down to where it should say "WCDMA preferred", and change it to "WCDMA only".

Hey smokin I am using airtel and by default I am getting "GSM/CDMA auto" instead of "WCDMA preferred". In order to get "WCDMA preferred" what should I do.

S

sriharshavr.y

Location - Hyderabad
Mobile - Samsung i9020T
Stock ROM - 2.3.3
Network Provider - Airtel.

darkcloud84

Aug 10, 2011
can anyone pls say me wat r da settings for 2g in airtel...xperia x10 mini....customer care's support is too low...and i tried many settings frm web...bt none is working!!

For Airtel Mobile Office:

Name: Mobile Office
Server: 202.56.231.117
MNC: 90

Leave other fields blank

Search for "airtel gprs settings on android" on Google and select the link from dsynflo blog. I would have posted the link here, but the forum doesn't allow noobs to post links :(

Reactions: danigladson

djaytg

Apr 4, 2009
Bangalore

hey smokin i have nexus s....airtel....my phone shows 3g symbol but i get only 2g speed...i did as u said....initially it was selected to gsm/cdma auto(prl) and i changed it to WCDMA only...still no change....signal strength is -83db...can u help here?

jeeves5454

Nov 3, 2006
Philadelphia
Not to sound like a completely dumb guy, but I have a Nexus One and resolved my issue by texting "3G" to 121 on Airtel. That activated 3G service and with the APN settings above, I started getting HSDPA speeds.

Hope that helps someone. Took me an hour to find that part....

xm2406

Dec 10, 2010
mumbai
So i activated 3g n put a 3g pack...
Galaxy fit..... But this goddamn Airtel gives me like 15kb/s in new Bombay....... Calling those jerks CC Temme some Bull**** that Airtel operating 3g In Maharashtra on Vodafone and Idea networks... Tells me to manually select Vodafone or idea network! (absurd! Airtel Sim registered on Vodafone network :p )
So i try that also... Speed 20kb/s...

Bharti mittal should resign!!

Get a Vodafone Sim... I get like 4.84mbps on cell which is terrific!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as an alternate give these a try for data.

1. Homepage – any page you want to set.
    2. User Name – Blank
    3. Password – Blank
    4. Proxy – Enabled/yes.
    5. Proxy and Server Adress – 202.56.231.117
    6. Proxy and Server Port – 8080
    7. Data bearer – GPRS or Packet Data.
    8. Access Point Name – airtelgprs.com
    9. Authentication Type – Normal
    10. Use preferred access point – No

Thanks for your help..

-81dBm is greater than -124dBm it is a good signal strength. problem with WCDMA only mode is if there is no 3G signal there will be no service. best would be to keep on on WCDMA prefered.
    can anyone pls say me wat r da settings for 2g in airtel...xperia x10 mini....customer care's support is too low...and i tried many settings frm web...bt none is working!!

For Airtel Mobile Office:

Name: Mobile Office
    Server: 202.56.231.117
    MNC: 90

Leave other fields blank

Search for "airtel gprs settings on android" on Google and select the link from dsynflo blog. I would have posted the link here, but the forum doesn't allow noobs to post links :(