[LEAK][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

tdwp16

Jun 2, 2011
I'm not quite sure this is the final product version.... I noticed it froze up on my A100 today while playing angry birds, and plus the missing ring and the RC3 in the build number...

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
I honestly don't know if this is the official myself. I haven't used it yet I like the Acer ring to much :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

isketerol

Feb 27, 2012
Not understandiung Russian very well

I'd like to download the "014" build, but I don't understand Russian well enough to find the right link to click after I enter the verification code. Is there an alternative location to look for it in?

illego

Aug 12, 2010
I'd like to download the "014" build, but I don't understand Russian well enough to find the right link to click after I enter the verification code. Is there an alternative location to look for it in?

- Enter the captcha code
- on the next screen, uncheck the little checkbox
- click on the link to download

BlueIce

Dec 9, 2007
Where I am
It took me 4 attempts

After the fourth attempt I un-checked the box and tried again and was able to do the download. I use Firefox 11 so I downloaded an extension called Translate this and went back to the download page again and was able to read it.

isketerol

Feb 27, 2012
From 012 to 014...

I have installed the decrypted "014" on top of my leaked "012" install of ICS. Seems to be fine so far.

Thanks to all for all of the update files.

gilbydakid

Jan 25, 2011
Mpls,MN
1. Rename the provided file to update.zip
2. Copy the file to the root of your external sd card
3. Turn off the device; and press power while holding the volume up button - don't touch anything until the device reboots itself
4. Voila - you've got ics
From what I can see this is a fully working rom - unfortunately you'll lose the root access

can someone help me out? I did these steps word for word and when I do step 3 it boots up shows the android with the moving gears for a split second and then the warning triangle pops up. About a min after that it just resets and I'm right back at honeycomb.:confused::confused:

if any of this helps.

model number - a100

android version - 3.2.1

build number - acer_a100_2.007.02_com_gen2

edit:
nvm.

i made the mistake of naming "update.zip" instead of just "update"

Last edited:

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
Worth upgrading to the "Stock ICS" if I have this? Or worth upgrading to the OTA? (somehow)
I dont see tooo many bugs...just a few.

Not too great with this kinda stuff I dont wanna break the tablet :p

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Worth upgrading to the "Stock ICS" if I have this? Or worth upgrading to the OTA? (somehow)
I dont see tooo many bugs...just a few.

Not too great with this kinda stuff I dont wanna break the tablet :p

The stock ics posted on this site and the ota are the same....the new version fixes issues from the leaks...touch screen issues in particular

eruisi

Nov 28, 2008
Cupertino
Does anyone see some apps missing from play store?
e.g., ireader(full version) - you can find it using other device but it's missing in this ICS rom for A100.

BlueIce

Dec 9, 2007
Where I am
Does anyone see some apps missing from play store?
e.g., ireader(full version) - you can find it using other device but it's missing in this ICS rom for A100.

I have seen this on my A100 as well but I could see the app on the play store via my phone so its my understanding that if an app is NOT compatible then it will not be available for you to see. If I am wrong someone please correct me on this....

Tutungzone

May 8, 2007
Houston Area
I know this is a really old thread... but these devices still exist (esspecially for some of our kids ;) ) but it seems the file links don't anymore. I wanted to do the easy root and and place a different rom on here to see if I can get my kids app to work on a different ROM. Was hoping that someone out there still has the OP's file... once I have it I will repost with a link I will leave up for a few years like I have done for others (and still getting downloads from it since posting it in 2012).

I currently have my sons Acer A100, currently stock, but it looks like at one time I had updated it with unlocking the bootloader, however TWP does not appear to be installed and root is gone. Current version Acer_av041_a100_1.014.00_ww_gen1, image version rv01rc03. Easy root does not work through adb... running from Linux. Any help is appreciated!

Hussainch

May 21, 2023
does anyone still have the leak ics rom?

edit: i cant delete this post for some reason

Last edited:

Hussainch

May 21, 2023

Top Liked Posts