● Optimize for every devices:cool:
● Should work on all AOSP roms
● Stable :cool:
● New library files
● Latest Beats Audio files
● Removed ALSA;)
● SRS with Surround sound
● WOWHD BASS enabled
● SRS_WOWHD values tweaked (clean reverberation)
● SRS CHSP EQ and Compression tweaked
● New Clearaudio Engine JB from sources
● Clearphase is now effective
● New Downmix lib with tweek 4 crispier sound
● New snd pcm cards for better audio rendering
● New resampling libs and tweaks (48khz)
● Deep and Clear
● Cristal Voice ( JB clearaudio +)
● Louder volume
● Awesome Sound, Powerfull and Deep Bass, Clear Audio, Cristal Voice, Clean Sound without distortion
● Awesome beats
● NEW ACID AUDIO FILE TO CHECK WHETHER THE IMPORTANT TWEEKS ARE LOADED CORRECTLY
● Removed unwanted files
● Optimized configuration files
● More Equalizer Presets
● etc etc.........

I am not a part of the team and have nothing to do with the development, just wanted to share. Please consider donating to them so this can keep getting better!

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.Take nandroid backup
2.Flash the downloaded file in CWM
3.Wipe dalvik cache
4.fix permission in recovery
5.reboot your phone / tablet

Link to original post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923630

I installed the AOSP2 version and no issues

Last edited:

Varekai

Mar 5, 2009
Checking this out right now. Thanks for the post.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Well did this and now I have no sound... Going to try messing around with it some.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Checking this out right now. Thanks for the post.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Well did this and now I have no sound... Going to try messing around with it some.

Stock or custom ROM? I'm on paranoid android and have sound.

*****BTW reinstalling you're ROM will reverse the mod. I would wipe cache and factory reset before installation, then only use the universal installation. Haven't tried the Walkman add-on so skip that one (but should work fine if you wanna try). Only the noozy and beats add-on work for jb

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Last edited:

Varekai

Mar 5, 2009
Stock. I had to nandroid back to get sound, now installing one at a time. Just redid the main part of the engine, but I'm not getting any of the bonuses, no increased volume, but at least I have sound. I know the instructions say to use CWM, but I'm on TWRP, can't imagine that would really make much of a difference.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Stock. I had to nandroid back to get sound, now installing one at a time. Just redid the main part of the engine, but I'm not getting any of the bonuses, no increased volume, but at least I have sound. I know the instructions say to use CWM, but I'm on TWRP, can't imagine that would really make much of a difference.

That's what I use on my note so shouldn't be an issue. What are you installing one at a time cause they may conflict with each other

Varekai

Mar 5, 2009
Just the Acid engine then Noozy. Still not getting the effects. Acid is enabled, but can't increase the volume past normal. When I installed it the first time with the Walkman app and noozy all together I was able to increase Volume past 15 up to 30 in MX Video but had no audio in any application, now that I nandroided back and installed it seperatly but without Walkman I have sound, but I don't think that Acid is actually active. It says to fix permissions in recovery, but I don't see an option in recovery to do that or what to set them too even if I did.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Just the Acid engine then Noozy. Still not getting the effects. Acid is enabled, but can't increase the volume past normal. When I installed it the first time with the Walkman app and noozy all together I was able to increase Volume past 15 up to 30 in MX Video but had no audio in any application, now that I nandroided back and installed it seperatly but without Walkman I have sound, but I don't think that Acid is actually active. It says to fix permissions in recovery, but I don't see an option in recovery to do that or what to set them too even if I did.

Fix permissions is in the TWRP menu, but I didn't do this.

I don't think you'll see an increase in the volume meter, but hear it with your headphones plugged in. Did you install the Acid add-on (under noozy player) or are you talking about the universal intaller?

In Noozy, hit the menu button them scroll to the bottom where there are three check boxes. Make sure to check those and add a LITTLE on the Physcoacoustic II Processor

Settings Pic: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1520622&d=1354168477

Also in Noozy, MP4's play and sound great too!

Last edited:

Varekai

Mar 5, 2009
I checked the buttons. Actually I first installed Awesome Beats before I uninstalled and tried Noozy, and I think awesome beats was what gave me the increase in volume meter, but that may have been what borked my audio.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
I checked the buttons. Actually I first installed Awesome Beats before I uninstalled and tried Noozy, and I think awesome beats was what gave me the increase in volume meter, but that may have been what borked my audio.

How's everything working now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
How do you guys like this over the AwesomeBeats mods? I'm testing this out on my S3 right now, and will be testing this on the N10. AwesomeBeats didn't seem to do anything on the N10 for me.

This is going to start a big flame war like all mention of beats does :p

The Beats stuff does in fact do quite a lot, but it must meet certain requirements before you will notice anything. It must have all of its library files fully integrated into both the rom AND kernel AND have the proper driver support for the DAC chipset. Simply adding beats files to a ROM on some device wont give you the higher quality DAC performance. For reference, a stock EVO 3D has a frequency response of something like 150Hz - 14kHz, which is pretty terrible. With 100% beats integration from reverse engineered kernel files you would now have a frequency response of 3Hz - 40kHz and the difference truly was night and day. These were completely measurable results in audio analysis programs, so the results cannot be disputed. The problem is that there is only like a 1% chance of the beats audio files being reverse engineered and ported to this device, and we are not allowed to speak of the one who was able to do this (and other things) on those other devices because of the big controversy surrounding him and the CM team.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
How do you guys like this over the AwesomeBeats mods? I'm testing this out on my S3 right now, and will be testing this on the N10. AwesomeBeats didn't seem to do anything on the N10 for me.

Beats doesn't touch as many levels as this does IMO but it does add some kick so I'm glad its built in. The clarity alone makes it better than 'just' beats.

Reactions: Izeltokatl

Izeltokatl

I actual used to work for srs, which is one of the core components to beats. Beats was focused on the young hip hop and electronic crowd. SRS has a lot of great technology, the oem's didn't always configured it correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

So I installed the engine and the walkman file, now I get no sound? Fun times.lol.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Here is the full aroma installer, for those that care.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qahbjlhb34sbsz8

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
I actual used to work for srs, which is one of the core components to beats. Beats was focused on the young hip hop and electronic crowd. SRS has a lot of great technology, the oem's didn't always configured it correctly.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

So I installed the engine and the walkman file, now I get no sound? Fun times.lol.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Here is the full aroma installer, for those that care.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qahbjlhb34sbsz8

Yeah i had issues with the walkman setup on my note so i didn't try it. Using the noozy setup with poweramp and the drums and bass guitar hit so hard while the rest of the sound is so clear. Also works great with movies.

mag13

Apr 16, 2009
Restore your backup or reinstall your ROM
What did you install?

I highly recommend reading the op and following the directions

I have installed a backup. Now I can listen music again.
How can I install Beats only with aroma? I use CM10.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CHANGE-LOG version 7 (build_2802)

● Rebuild once-again after my old beats audio version 5:p
    ● Optimize for every devices:cool:
    ● Should work on all AOSP roms
    ● Stable :cool:
    ● New library files
    ● Latest Beats Audio files
    ● Removed ALSA;)
    ● SRS with Surround sound
    ● WOWHD BASS enabled
    ● SRS_WOWHD values tweaked (clean reverberation)
    ● SRS CHSP EQ and Compression tweaked
    ● New Clearaudio Engine JB from sources
    ● Clearphase is now effective
    ● New Downmix lib with tweek 4 crispier sound
    ● New snd pcm cards for better audio rendering
    ● New resampling libs and tweaks (48khz)
    ● Deep and Clear
    ● Cristal Voice ( JB clearaudio +)
    ● Louder volume
    ● Awesome Sound, Powerfull and Deep Bass, Clear Audio, Cristal Voice, Clean Sound without distortion
    ● Awesome beats
    ● NEW ACID AUDIO FILE TO CHECK WHETHER THE IMPORTANT TWEEKS ARE LOADED CORRECTLY
    ● Removed unwanted files
    ● Optimized configuration files
    ● More Equalizer Presets
    ● etc etc.........

I am not a part of the team and have nothing to do with the development, just wanted to share. Please consider donating to them so this can keep getting better!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.Take nandroid backup
    2.Flash the downloaded file in CWM
    3.Wipe dalvik cache
    4.fix permission in recovery
    5.reboot your phone / tablet

Link to original post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923630

I installed the AOSP2 version and no issues

This is going to start a big flame war like all mention of beats does :p

The Beats stuff does in fact do quite a lot, but it must meet certain requirements before you will notice anything. It must have all of its library files fully integrated into both the rom AND kernel AND have the proper driver support for the DAC chipset. Simply adding beats files to a ROM on some device wont give you the higher quality DAC performance. For reference, a stock EVO 3D has a frequency response of something like 150Hz - 14kHz, which is pretty terrible. With 100% beats integration from reverse engineered kernel files you would now have a frequency response of 3Hz - 40kHz and the difference truly was night and day. These were completely measurable results in audio analysis programs, so the results cannot be disputed. The problem is that there is only like a 1% chance of the beats audio files being reverse engineered and ported to this device, and we are not allowed to speak of the one who was able to do this (and other things) on those other devices because of the big controversy surrounding him and the CM team.
    Here's a copy of V5 for those having trouble with V7.
    Re: ►ACID Audio Engine V5.0◄

Just wanted to inform, that this works fine on 4.22

Re: ►ACID Audio Engine V5.0◄

This mod works too if you don't like the aroma install and was set up for 10.1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36495457

Installed in this order
    Wiped cache / dalvic
    Installed zip
    Fixed permissions
    Reboot
    No issues and works must fine with latest aokp ROM