[HOWTO] Remove The Unlocked Bootloader Warning logo

Search This thread

joaoleite

Jan 7, 2013
Mario Loading Logo

I managed to make a logo using Photoshop and inverting the colors blue and red. It worked. It was pretty cool!

It´s Mario Logo!

Anyone can download the link below. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
Please Excuse this more or less stupid question, but i gotta ask it ;)

I would like to know how to get these .bin files.

People are talking about raw files, but if i save my file via photoshop as raw, i get a .raw file, not an .bin...

I'm really confused about this, due to the fact, that i dont want to flash some file that isnt fitting via fastboot.

So what do i have to do to create my own splashscreens?

Edit:

Allright, managed to acomplish my goal and flashed my own logo :D

but there is another simple question:

how to is keep the red?

When i insert something red in my logo and flash it. the red things become blue.

What do i have to do, to make the Motorola Logo stay red?

Last edited:

jabeth407

Fastboot

Very Nice of you to have done this for the rest of us.
JAB©:good:

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I would like to know how to get these .bin files.

People are talking about raw files, but if i save my file via photoshop as raw, i get a .raw file, not an .bin...

I'm really confused about this, due to the fact, that i dont want to flash some file that isnt fitting via fastboot.

So what do i have to do to create my own splashscreens?

Edit:

Allright, managed to acomplish my goal and flashed my own logo :D

How did you manage the .bin file? I ran into the same problem as you.
JAB©

switcher

May 30, 2007
Puddingtown
i am trying to disable the warning logo on ,my razr i with this method an get a "Not allow to flash none signed image" error, any ideas ?

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
How did you manage the .bin file? I ran into the same problem as you.
JAB©

I havent used a .bin file, i used a .raw
Managed to make one via photoshop ;)

But i have this weird color bug, making my Motorola Logo Blue.

I dont like that ;)

So I would loooooove to get a answer to my question :D

Have Fun, Esok

jabeth407

Playing around

I havent used a .bin file, i used a .raw
Managed to make one via photoshop ;)

But i have this weird color bug, making my Motorola Logo Blue.

I dont like that ;)

So I would loooooove to get a answer to my question :D

Have Fun, Esok

I tried making a small .raw file through my Corel Paint Shop and it wouldn't save it as one image (whatever that meant). It wouldn't load it up again after I just made and saved it!
I flashed it to the logo slot and it came up as two images, just like it saved it. Most curious
∞JAB©

pelagiusz1

Feb 28, 2013
unlock bootloader warning logo

Hello,

After the unlock of the bootloader via Motorola Website, you have probably noticed the M logo has been replaced by a Warning message...

Here is the solution to restore M logo :

Extract the file in attachement in the same folder as fastboot, you will find "logo.bin" file.

Enter in Fastboot mode :
- Shutdown your phone
- Push and maintain VOL DOWN and press POWER to boot your phone (A black screen with white lines should appear)
- Plug USB Cable

Flash the M Logo with fastboot :
- fastboot flash logo logo.bin (success message should appears in the DOS windows)
- Unplug USB cable
- Press POWER and the phone will shutdown
- Start your phone with long press on POWER and check your M Logo.

Bye

hi it that will work on motorola razr I ? If not do you know how to do it ? Thank you very much for any information :)

[I]nsano

Sep 28, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
then installing the HD Razr (XT925)

Hello,

After the unlock of the bootloader via Motorola Website, you have probably noticed the M logo has been replaced by a Warning message...

Extract the file in attachement in the same folder as fastboot, you will find "logo.bin" file.

Enter in Fastboot mode :
- Shutdown your phone
- Push and maintain VOL DOWN and press POWER to boot your phone (A black screen with white lines should appear)
- Plug USB Cable

- fastboot flash logo logo.bin (success message should appears in the DOS windows)
- Unplug USB cable

Bye

program which used to instlar logo on the device? :confused:

jasonbeth1022

Oct 28, 2012
<bootloader> Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
error: cannot load 'logo.bin' : No error

Anyone have any ideas on this . I rooted on 4.1.2 on razr maxx hd with the unlocked bootloader. Trying to get the annoying Warning message gone. Thanks sorry if i am missing something.

Edit : Tucstwo made a utility to fix the issue . Thanks again Dev community for opening up a whole new world!

Last edited:

abemontalvo

Sep 8, 2012
Chattanooga
<bootloader> Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
error: cannot load 'logo.bin' : No error

Anyone have any ideas on this . I rooted on 4.1.2 on razr maxx hd with the unlocked bootloader. Trying to get the annoying Warning message gone. Thanks sorry if i am missing something.

Edit : Tucstwo made a utility to fix the issue . Thanks again Dev community for opening up a whole new world!

Can you post a link to the utility that has the fix?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: fogusmobile

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
This worked great on my JUST bootloader-unlocked RAZR M as well. The hardest part was getting into Fastboot mode, for some silly reason, the rest was a piece of cake.

Never having had an unlocked Bootloader before, I'm not sure what all this will do for me. I just know from past experience, it's better to take advantage of these exploits before the Powers-That-Be has time to block them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Enter in Fastboot mode :
    - Shutdown your phone
    - Plug USB Cable

- Unplug USB cable

Bye
    Thanks for this. Works like a charm.

One Question: Any chance to get the 'Motorola Dual Core Technology' boot logo?

Thanks in advance!

Give me the picture your want 540x540 px and it should be possible.

Edit : you can try the one in attachement :

fastboot flash logo dual_core.bin
    I prefer this one (in attachement)
    Well the boot image is the kernel and all the other fun goodies that the device needs, so yeah, what you're asking for has nothing to do with the boot.img

What you're asking for help on is the logo.bin file

palmbeach, I think you misunderstood what I mean by "boot image". I know the difference between a ROM (what you are taking about) and the logo file (I've been rooting/ROMing since the Moto Droid - was a BB convert, and was ROMing there too). Here when I use "image" I use the actual definition of "picture" or in this case "logo". I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in my post.

I am trying to create the boot image picutre using the above PNG image. Just looking for the method for converting PNG (or other image types, I have the pic in other formats as well) to a fastboot safe flashable image to replace the annoying Motorola "Warning" boot image. No one (unless I missed it) seems to be willing to give up the method to create custom "boot images(or pictures)".

anyway, I did find the missing step in creating these files buy putting my device at risk, and fiddling with the image files, lucky for me I got it the first try:

1. Create image In RAW format and 540x540 in size using your editor of choice (GIMP FTW).
    2. (the missing step) rename your "image.raw" file to logo.bin
    Code:
    mv image.raw logo.bin
    3. plug in phone, run command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    4. Once in fastboot run commad:
    Code:
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    5. If successful run:
    Code:
    fastboot continue
    - Enjoy your awesome new boot image (picture)

Thank you
    Follow these steps remove bootloader warning message
    1. Download the official logo image
    2. Connected your mobile with PC and install fastboot tool in your PC.
    3. Now run these commands
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    It will install the official logo image and remove the warning image. You can found the full tutorial at DroidTechKnow and search for remove warning bootloader

You just literally reworded the first post into your own words.....