Very, very strange problem !

Search This thread
J

JadeAmineHa

Hi !
i have a Galaxy S4 i9505, and yesterday something really strange happened. I left my phone charging overnight on my pc and in themorning it wasnt charged it had only 3% left and after the battery has drained the phone shut down, and then POOF! it won't charge and turn on no sign of life no LED no vibration, nothing. i tried a new battery nothing happened tried different charger and full battery and nothing seems to fix it. so i used a galaxy mini 2 waiting to find a fix for this and the same thing happened to the mini i left it plugged into my pc and the next day no sign of life. it's very strange. just to let ou know that i dont charge my phone on the pc this is the first time i leave it plugged in and when plugged it says that it's charging but somehow it stops and kills the phone . PLEASE help ! :confused:

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi
Current from pc is very low and your mobile might have use more than it due to background process and hence your phone might have slowly discharged instead of being charged.
Try charging from a wall charger for a few minutes and then try to boot it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

ROM and bootloader used?

I see no requirement of it -_-

sujan_2048

Nov 20, 2013
Current from pc is very low and your mobile might have use more than it due to background process and hence your phone might have slowly discharged instead of being charged.
Try charging from a wall charger for a few minutes and then try to boot it.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I see no requirement of it -_-

+1
But also it shouldnt be discharged by backgroung process. It is really wierd. Maybe you can see in the battery stats to find which app is using this and freeze it. Use battery doctor to kill apps when the screen is turned off.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
+1
But also it shouldnt be discharged by backgroung process. It is really wierd. Maybe you can see in the battery stats to find which app is using this and freeze it. Use battery doctor to kill apps when the screen is turned off.

Hey there . Your reply to the OP doesnt make any sense ;) how can he/she check it on battery stat if the freakin phone cant even turn on. Pls explain. Thanks

Sent from Hell ?

Reactions: theunderling
J

JadeAmineHa

Hi, thanks for the answers but i tried all of that and i can't get even the s4 logo to show nor the LED or any sign of life, i even tried a full battery and nothing happens it's not the power button since it don't show anything when plugged into a charger, the saaame thing happened to the other phone. the ROM is omegadroid and whats a bootloader ?? a phone repair guy told me that he can flash from a port inside the phone that needs some soldering, he told me that it's the way samsung flashes the os when the phone is empty and just got out of the factory is this true ? WTH is going on with this phone :crying: and also could it be some kind of virus that kills android phones just when booting because the phone was okay after unpluging it from the pc the problem happened when the battery drained and it shut down after that it wont turn on ! i'm sure that if i plugged the phone to a charger before the battery drained it would be still running now.

Last edited:

theunderling

Feb 8, 2012
on top of your mother
What is the warranty status of the phone?.
The guy is talking about jtag/riff box.
Also try not to use the word POOF" as it means homosexual where I live.There may be ones on the forum that could take offence.

Last edited:

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi
Hi, thanks for the answers but i tried all of that and i can't get even the s4 logo to show nor the LED or any sign of life, i even tried a full battery and nothing happens it's not the power button since it don't show anything when plugged into a charger, the saaame thing happened to the other phone. the ROM is omegadroid and whats a bootloader ?? a phone repair guy told me that he can flash from a port inside the phone that needs some soldering, he told me that it's the way samsung flashes the os when the phone is empty and just got out of the factory is this true ? WTH is going on with this phone :crying: and also could it be some kind of virus that kills android phones just when booting because the phone was okay after unpluging it from the pc the problem happened when the battery drained and it shut down after that it wont turn on ! i'm sure that if i plugged the phone to a charger before the battery drained it would be still running now.

Flashing is possible but I recommend you to go to a Samsung service center (even pay them if they figure out that u r out of warranty) as the process is tooooo risky.

J

JadeAmineHa

What is the warranty status of the phone?.
The guy is talking about jtag/riff box.
Also try not to use the word POOF" as it means homosexual where I live.There may be ones on the forum that could take offence.

Really dorry for the word haha :D well thanks for the reply and do you think jtag/riff box is going to fix it ?

J

JadeAmineHa

Flashing is possible but I recommend you to go to a Samsung service center (even pay them if they figure out that u r out of warranty) as the process is tooooo risky.

But i don't have warranty i actually bought it from a black market thats the mistake that i made :(, and do they fix a phone thats out of warranty if you pay them ?

Sep 17, 2010
I had a similar problem about six months ago.

I don't know if this will help but I found that by disconnecting the battery, leaving the phone for approx. 10 Min, reconnect the battery, then connect wall charger (but do not attempt to turn on). I found that after about 10 - 20 mins the phone started to charge (really slowly, it took about 8 hours to completely charge). Only after this did I attempt to turn it on and it seems to have been fine since.

Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1

Hey there . Your reply to the OP doesnt make any sense ;) how can he/she check it on battery stat if the freakin phone cant even turn on. Pls explain. Thanks

Sent from Hell ?