ZTE Grand SII (S291)

Search This thread

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
successfully installed cm12.1 v4 with gapps(took me a hour to find a way to install gapps) . finally after using b16 I can use screen :) for now everything working fine, starting to test cm12.1 v4 ... :fingers-crossed:

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hi Chetbiz, could you please share tutorial, how you managed to install gapps? Through TWRP?

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium HD app

you should extract zip of gapps 5.1 folder to /system, then copy folders from gapps folder with names that resides in /system and merge them, then install apks from gapps folder with rom toolbox with root permissions.. worked for me, still got some bugs with sync exchange contacts but google and play market working.

krispin

Account currently disabled
Sep 24, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
Thanks, have you tried install gapps with TWRP? I have seen somewhere, that it could be possible. Tonight I try it.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium HD app

alexeei

Jul 2, 2008
Anyone have instruction how to make merge of partitions on twrp? I see only this china text in instruction (see attached file) but don't know is it's instruction or not...

lou_neo

Jul 7, 2015
To install the firmware on Gapps CM12.1 v 4. first need to install the firmware Gapps then and only then do the merger

duckslivelong

Jul 20, 2014

5KKKKK

Nov 23, 2013
Guangzhou

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
Hi
i'm going to buy this phone does it value for money ? And does it have any problems ?

duckslivelong

Jul 20, 2014
Hi
i'm going to buy this phone does it value for money ? And does it have any problems ?

Should only buy if you're experienced with rooting since when you buy it, it doesn't come with the playstore and with a bunch of chinese software. So if you're into that type of stuff, buy it. If not, just buy something like the one plus one since you don't really need to root it or flash any roms

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
Should only buy if you're experienced with rooting since when you buy it, it doesn't come with the playstore and with a bunch of chinese software. So if you're into that type of stuff, buy it. If not, just buy something like the one plus one since you don't really need to root it or flash any roms
Yes i know how to root android devices , and i had compiled cm11 for my previous phone from scratch so i think that i have enough experience to deal with it , s291 model is available in my country , does it have 3000 mah battery , and what's it's screen on time ?

duckslivelong

Jul 20, 2014
Anyone know a good English CWM? Im tempted to install TWRP and get a theme but most ROMs can't be flashed and merging partions aren't working as of now

Top Liked Posts