[Boot Animation] Android vs iPhone (CWM) - UPDATED 09.05.2011

Search This thread

itsonlym3

Feb 4, 2011
i found a youtube vid that i had to have on my boot up. i came from an iPhone, so it was that much more fun adding this to my phone. ;)

Preview:
android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1sm.gif

Download:
android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1.zip
android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-2.3.4.zip !!NEW!!

INSTALLATION (for those who need it):

1. copy the file to your phone (i use sshdroid to copy it to my /mnt/sdcard/)
  2. run System Recovery and choose Recovery Mode (make sure power is plugged in)
  3. wait... (could it boot up past the Motorola logo any slower?)
  4. select Install zip from SDCARD
  5. select choose zip from internal sdcard (or just sdcard, your mileage may vary)
  6. scroll down until you find the android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1.zip file
  7. hit your power button to select it
  8. scroll down to Yes - Install android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1.zip and hit your power button to select it.
  9. watch the quick install screen
  10. scroll down to Go Back and hit the power button again.
  11. Reboot system now should be highlighted, hit the power button to reboot.
ENJOY!

===================================================================
as always, YOU are responsible for your phone, no matter how much i suck @ this.

Changes:
  • 09.05.2011 - Added updated version for GB 2.3.4 compatible with current CWM.

Last edited:

lonlawrence

Jun 15, 2010
Carlsbad, NM
thanks. I was looking at some instructions on the various ways to change your animation, I guess flashing is the easiest. When the instructions say to replace your old bootanimation.zip, you'll find it in System/customize/resource (HTC) or System/media, but I have the Ginger_Alev3 ROM and my gingerbread animation is in System/bin. Think this will work OK on the gingerbread ROM?

itsonlym3

Feb 4, 2011
thanks. I was looking at some instructions on the various ways to change your animation, I guess flashing is the easiest. When the instructions say to replace your old bootanimation.zip, you'll find it in System/customize/resource (HTC) or System/media, but I have the Ginger_Alev3 ROM and my gingerbread animation is in System/bin. Think this will work OK on the gingerbread ROM?

to be honest, i have no idea. i flashed and tested it on a stock install and i'm currently running it on 4.1.83. i'm afraid i can't speak for anything else.

Auxilium

Aug 5, 2011
Key West, FL
Old post but since someone bumped....and doesn't work with current CWM.

Unzip the file, go to extracted folder, open system then media folders, move the bootanimation.zip to data/local (Need something like Root Explorer to do so) and reboot. Should work nicely

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Last edited:

itsonlym3

Feb 4, 2011
Old post but since someone bumped....and doesn't work with current CWM.

Unzip the file, go to extracted folder, open system then media folders, move the bootanimation.zip to data/local (Need something like Root Explorer to do so) and reboot. Should work nicely

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Added updated version for GB 2.3.4 compatible with current CWM.
icon14.gif

itsonlym3

Feb 4, 2011
thanks, glad you've enjoyed it.

It's seen 1000's of downloads and i think it's been put in a market app, although i don't know which one(s).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i found a youtube vid that i had to have on my boot up. i came from an iPhone, so it was that much more fun adding this to my phone. ;)

Preview:
    android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1sm.gif

Download:
    android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1.zip
    android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-2.3.4.zip !!NEW!!

INSTALLATION (for those who need it):

1. copy the file to your phone (i use sshdroid to copy it to my /mnt/sdcard/)
    2. run System Recovery and choose Recovery Mode (make sure power is plugged in)
    3. wait... (could it boot up past the Motorola logo any slower?)
    4. select Install zip from SDCARD
    5. select choose zip from internal sdcard (or just sdcard, your mileage may vary)
    6. scroll down until you find the android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1.zip file
    7. hit your power button to select it
    8. scroll down to Yes - Install android_vs_iphone-atrix-cwm-1.zip and hit your power button to select it.
    9. watch the quick install screen
    10. scroll down to Go Back and hit the power button again.
    11. Reboot system now should be highlighted, hit the power button to reboot.
    ENJOY!

as always, YOU are responsible for your phone, no matter how much i suck @ this.

Changes:
    • 09.05.2011 - Added updated version for GB 2.3.4 compatible with current CWM.