Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ImSherlocked

Apr 16, 2011
Pune
to all the folks here, respond to this message with your current rom, how long you have been on it, your battery life, over all performance and what do you think about the ROM. if you are rooted, what custom kernel did you use. i think if we do something like this on a regular basis, like every 100th page, it will be easy for everyone to get updated on the latest/best roms and it will be easy for new people to choose a good custom/stock rom.

Stock rooted
Android Version : 2.3.5
Firmware : XWKJ3
Batter Life 20-24hrs
Usage 3g/wifi on always
kERNEL : SpeedMod K2-18-test6

Neo.

Dec 19, 2010
Gods Own Place
Thanks for everyone for helping out each other and making this thread successful

1\ Can we flash speedmod kernel over CM 7? Is it possible?

2\ How do I remove Yellow Tri-Angle? Can anyone let me know any simple ways to do this?

3\ Speedmod or Siyah kernel? Which one is the best in terms of battery life & performance? (based on your experience?)

I've played with undervolting on my x10 and SGS-II and I'm surprised Speedmod is getting good battery life without UV. Just wanted to ask opinions regarding this.

Thanks!

kachrukamble

Oct 21, 2010
Cloud
to all the folks here, respond to this message with your current rom, how long you have been on it, your battery life, over all performance and what do you think about the ROM. if you are rooted, what custom kernel did you use. i think if we do something like this on a regular basis, like every 100th page, it will be easy for everyone to get updated on the latest/best roms and it will be easy for new people to choose a good custom/stock rom.

Now that's looking Train is coming back on THE TRACK

Last edited:

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL
Thanks for everyone for helping out each other and making this thread successful

1\ Can we flash speedmod kernel over CM 7? Is it possible?

2\ How do I remove Yellow Tri-Angle? Can anyone let me know any simple ways to do this?

3\ Speedmod or Siyah kernel? Which one is the best in terms of battery life & performance? (based on your experience?)

I've played with undervolting on my x10 and SGS-II and I'm surprised Speedmod is getting good battery life without UV. Just wanted to ask opinions regarding this.

Thanks!
1- NO.
2- Flash Stock kernel and then zImage of your Root kernel via CWM.
3- SpeedMod. IMO.

Reactions: Neo.

Neo.

Dec 19, 2010
Gods Own Place
Thanks offered for everyone who helped!

I'm still looking for odin download for flashing the tar file (stock thingy)

I'm still clueless on where to start... Looking for a guide or something. Damn I don't have usb jig!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

How to use betterbatterstats?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Just open the app and you can see a dropdown and go to "wakelocks" and you can see apps that wakeup your phone :D

lakshmideepak.gaddipati

Jun 5, 2011
chennai

I'm still clueless on where to start... Looking for a guide or something. Damn I don't have usb jig!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Just open the app and you can see a dropdown and go to "wakelocks" and you can see apps that wakeup your phone :D
@neo

look in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278 ..you will find your answers...al da best

seems to be bit late than bala..

Last edited:

Neo.

Dec 19, 2010
Gods Own Place
@ Neo

Read this below article and you will get the clear idea on how to remove the yellow triangle

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193091

You don't need to flash the whole tar file, just extract the zimage using root explorer or some other app, then use cwm app to flash it.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yep. I used odin. Thanks for the clarification :D

@neo

look in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278 ..you will find your answers...al da best

seems to be bit late than bala..

Yep. I think i pretty much figured it out.Already in the process.

use k-tool to backup the current zimage. using odin to flash stock. and will restore the z-image :D

thanks for the help btw!

-[Job done]-

Now wiping off everything. Damn 250 apps and my phone started to lag a bit with Cog 1.6.1+speedmod.

I think i'll try CM7+ siyah this time and see how it works :)

Last edited:

iekansh

Oct 9, 2010

Thanks.

S

srikanth.naidu

Hey every one, had rooted phone yesterday to see whats the benefit of the custom rom. I honestly did not find much change from the stock rom, i'm kinda new to sg2 but back in dhd we had kernels built in to roms and pretty much you could distinguish between each one easily,that does not seem to be the case here :D.

So i was wondering if we could have a poll or if every one could point out the best things they found on the roms they are currently on :D

For starters i tried the sensation rom and andromeda.

Of them i like sensation for its customisation but looked like it was heavy on the battery and for andromeda i got confused on all the surgeon thingy :p

So i said before i did not see much difference hence went back to stock 2.3.5 ( European firmware :D).

What say my fellow contry men which rom do you guys use :D

emze

Feb 16, 2011
Chennai
I just don't understand how you people are getting 2 days of battery life? I can hardly make it to 1 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discussed with co-mod and we both feel we have giving you guys enough chances. Thread remains locked.
    Discussed with co-mod and we both feel we have giving you guys enough chances. Thread remains locked.
    Absolutely. We cannot constantly monitor or deal with the childishness that goes on in this thread. We gave you several opportunities. Thread closed.
    kachrukamble ; iekansh ; Harsha Raj ; manoj971 ; manojcitc ; bala_gamer ; sam razzy ; safepacket ;adaneam, bala_gamer, Mr.Raviteja, rajarshi10, surya_mca ; ano.cresent, darshanbangre, nelsonoski1972, rocky23, ronhoover88 ; tarunagg ; aashgaur ; spoiltz ; h3llboy911

Check PM

(didn't send to some people who use stock rom like ithehappy and sam)
    Hey guys...

Had pre-ordered at letsbuy.com earlier and paid in full a couple of days back. Just got an e-mail from them informing that my order has been shipped via Aramex, along with the tracking number... and so the countdown begins :D !!

I'm sure there are several members in the same boat as me, and other's who are waiting for the GS2 to show up in stores to pick it up. The thought behind this thread is to have a central repository for all the views & reviews about the phone and share any other info as well.

Looking forward to hearing from all owners about their experience and posting my own in a couple of days as well!

Cheers!