[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Search This thread

leerpsp

May 13, 2011
not saying
I was missing with the wifi tethering app with cm9 and got it working so I can play the wii online and I am loving it so its saying on my phone now because now I can make calls text and play online games with it keep up the good work and hope that battery life gets better!!!

Sent from my XT862 using bad ass cm9 using XDA

will5

Sep 15, 2007
I was trying some editing on root explorer. When I save a modified build.prop I get FC on rootexplorer. Anyone having the same problem?

Last edited:

pm2gonzales

Oct 16, 2011
I was trying some editing on root explorer. When I save a modified build.prop I get FC on rootexplorer. Anyone having the same problem?

I have not had this problem. Try force stopping it/restart phone. If it still happens, try using Root Browser.

Anyone know when the video camera is gonna be fixed

Probably not anytime soon. Video requires a good portion of HW codecs to be functioning, which may not even come to pass because of limited access to the phone. Droid 4 is more likely to have it than we are, unless someone manages to get kexec working properly or Motorola throws us a bone by unlocking the bootloader.

Reactions: will5

The_Joe

Jan 2, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
True, but he didn't ask the dev, he asked everyone here :) If he said "HEY HASH WHEN CAN HAS VIDEOCORDERER!!?!" that would be a different story.

Im starting to notice that not all device sections on XDA are as strict as the Nook Tablet section. (Where I spend most of my time) I honestly was just trying to say it nicely before someone said it rudely.

Haha, well just ignore me then. Ill do my best to leave the modding to the mods!

pujdo1

Aug 26, 2011
is there still any new progress on cm9 ?
didn't look to me that something changed here for a while.... :(

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
My ROM comparison and review thread is up guys! It's about 80% complete, but it's coming along nicely. Swing by and let me know what you think, or what features you'd like to see added. Thread can be found here :)

Reactions: zzandrewst

PEZ Dispenser

Sep 20, 2011
GB to ICS CM9?

I am running stock GB on my D3. Can I go strait from GB to ICS/CM9 or do I need to upgrade to ICS first and then install the CM9 ROM?

PEZ Dispenser

Sep 20, 2011
You will need to root and install cm9. Official ICS has not been released (and for the D3, probably never will be). Do you have the Verizon version (XT862) or the XT860?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have the Verizon version XT862 and oops, I guess it is not "stock". I am rooted and have CWM droid 3 recovery installed. As I'm looking around I'm noticing that Safestrap might be a better recovery option.

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
Signed...good to see so many people getting behind this! I didn't know there were 10,000 Droid 3 owners on the planet, let alone 10,000 who are pissed off about the bootloader, lol. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

I know I bought it for the dual-core and the front camera..I should have thought thrice..:mad:
im only mad because it is soooo unsupported by motobastards..it was their fill in the gap to keep raking in the dough phone. But whatever with the help of eachother we have turned motobastards pos into a pretty cool phone. I did have to laugh my butt off and their earning this time lol wallets not so thick now is it. Lol

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/0...ss-for-q1-2012-ships-5-1-million-smartphones/

I have the Verizon version XT862 and oops, I guess it is not "stock". I am rooted and have CWM droid 3 recovery installed. As I'm looking around I'm noticing that Safestrap might be a better recovery option.

Cwm is good but yes safestrap is in my opinion far better with more SAFETY options lol

Last edited:

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Lol the changelog is extremely descriptive. If you want actual feature changes just go to aokp.co and look at that. Our nightlies are updated within a day or two of their release. Just remember we dont have hw codecs so those features wont be on ours

Wow im done this is cm9
Just go to rombot and click the changelog link

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
    No Camera Video
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

More Information:

NEW! http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

GITHUB sources are now here:

https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
    droid3-ics-netstats_480.png
    I'm booting up a new build for camera testing as we speak.

It's been a long time coming just to get to this point.
    KNOWN ISSUES (as of 2012-01-12 build):
    • GSM users have reported phone still FCs quite a bit. I have a solution for this but it's a work in progress and takes a long time to do (porting Motorola World Phone code to ICS from Gingerbread). I am sorry for the hassle, but usually a wipe cache/dalvik cache will reset your connection.
    • Mute button on calls doesn't work
    • Camera doesn't work
    • Codecs which reference the /dev/ion driver don't work (including audio only for Netflix)
    • Backlighting for keyboard and capacitive keys only works with "Auto Brightness" set: see here for custom settings http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Bluetooth in general needs an overhaul. It does work to make phone calls, but that's about it.

NICE LINKS TO HAVE
    Nova Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

HANDY WORK AROUNDS:
    • For users experiencing high battery drain: goto "Settings" -> "Sounds" and uncheck "Touch sounds" and "Screen lock sound".
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who have lost 3G: enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone. Wipe cache/dalvik cache if you still don't get 3G back or have many phone FCs.
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who seem to boot up into an phone FC loop. Try removing "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app folder. Is probably only useful for DualRadio models.
    • For a Gallery replacement use "QuickPic" from the market

QUICK REFERENCE "/system/build.prop" ITEMS OF NOTE FOR NON-VZW USERS

CHANGE THIS TO 3 for GSM(PRI), 4 for CDMA and 7 for GLOBAL PHONE
    # Default network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network=7

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO DISABLE THE DUAL MODE RADIO
    # BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO FORCE A SIM SETUP ON THE LOCKSCREEN
    # BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

FOR BACKLIGHT CUSTOM SETTINGS IN CM9: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957

** AS A RULE, IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING "ODDNESS" WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE AND TRY AGAIN
    FYI: Fixed the links in the OP to account for the new home of files.rombot.org where the files are located.

Also, support for this build is mostly done as we are moving to the new KEXEC alpha. But I wanted to make sure that the links were still valid.
    Alright, sounds good. I will flash it when I get a chance. Thanks!

In this case, I took the updated files from the official soak test (906) and pushed them up so that they are used in the D3 cm/aokp builds.

Jhiza has the right of it, sometimes you'll see minor improvements here and there. Will need some input as to how much of a difference the new binaries make.

NOTE: CM9 has added back in the theme system, and I merged that into last nights build as well. And updated the CM release tools -- flashing zips now tries to keep your gapps in place. So from the 5/7 build on, if you have gapps installed and don't need to update them, then don't re-flash gapps after flashing the rom.zip. THIS IS ONLY A CHANGE FOR CM9.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Tapatalk 2