[MOD] Battery percentage MOD Tool for Android 4.3

Search This thread

nexxus.

May 27, 2011
Uploaded the stock ones from the deodexed 4.22 (JDQ39)
(framework-res.apk lies in system/framework and not in system/app, does it differ from the odexed one?)
I would like the stock one with the percentage (N4_BM_Stock_Percent_4.2.2_JDQ39.zip)

Thank you in advance!

LINK: http://d-h.st/3yo

Dionismiguel

Jul 18, 2012
did not work

Yes, sorry, meant /system/framework/framework-res.apk. :) Just realized that the files are identical. Attached is the mod you wanted, give me your feedback.

This did not work for me I'm still getting the same stock with no number %

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Yes, sorry, meant /system/framework/framework-res.apk. :) Just realized that the files are identical. Attached is the mod you wanted, give me your feedback.

if you get a chance I would like just the number with the % like this ----> 98%

Mahennemaha

Aug 29, 2011
Always keep a backup of SystemUI.apk, SystemUI.odex and framework-res.apk (all located in /system/app/), you might need those for future OTA updates and of course in case something goes wrong.
Thanks for the zip.
'N4_BM_Full_Circle_4.2.2_JDQ39.zip' worked for me :)

But i think you need only the 'SystemUi.apk' to revert to stock, because the flash zip only includes the 'SystemUi.apk', so the other files are only needed for creation.
For the 4.2.2 OTA i only restored the 'SystemUi.apk' and it worked for me :)

Backup files :) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38030508#post38030508

Last edited:
Reactions: mdh007

nexxus.

May 27, 2011
AW: [MOD] Battery percentage MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1

Weird, it didn't change anything, the bar did not disappear and the icon did not change.. Any idea why?
Greets

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

rfkd

But i think you need only the 'SystemUi.apk' to revert to stock, because the flash zip only includes the 'SystemUi.apk', so the other files are only needed for creation.

You are right of course. It's just I better backup more than less. :)

Weird, it didn't change anything, the bar did not disappear and the icon did not change.. Any idea why?

Seems like the mod tool is not compatible with deodexed APKs. Maybe brainmaster is able to contribute something?

nexxus.

May 27, 2011

Ok, too bad.
But thanks for the effort!
Let's wait for him, maybe he is able to do sth.
Cheers

jbs92

Nov 17, 2011
Does the .zip backup SystemUI.apk to SD by default? I noticed a new folder '/vrtheme-backup/system/app/SystemUI.apk' after I flashed the mod. Handy if so - if not, can't remember where that has come from!

Worked on 4.2.2 stock here though, appreciate it.

alexc9r

Dec 30, 2012
Toronto
Would this work for the Galaxy Nexus on stock android 4.1? It seems it would work, but the flasher says it's for the Nexus 4, so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

nexxus.

May 27, 2011

Nice, thanks a lot, it's working!

rfkd

Does the .zip backup SystemUI.apk to SD by default? I noticed a new folder '/vrtheme-backup/system/app/SystemUI.apk' after I flashed the mod. Handy if so - if not, can't remember where that has come from!
Seems like, I have that folder, too.

Would this work for the Galaxy Nexus on stock android 4.1? It seems it would work, but the flasher says it's for the Nexus 4, so I'm not sure.
Just try, you have to create your own zips of course.

Last edited:

nexxus.

May 27, 2011

Here you are.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361226952179.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361226952179.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: Emama

skatashock

Jul 6, 2008
Re: [MOD] Battery percentage MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1

it won't work I guess, because different SystemUI.apk on PA

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: cb474

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since there wore many requests for the battery percentage mods, I've ported this MOD Tool so that its now working with Android 4.3.

Download the zip file, read the instructions.txt file, follow the instructions and be happy.

Included are 18 different battery styles. Some can be found here.

When the new Android build gets released, I'll update the tool.

If you can't flash it using the MOD Tools own flash zip, then take the SystemUI.apk from the Output Files/Modded Apk folder and drop it in the attached Battery MOD Flasher zip in the system/app folder. Flash it in the recovery.

EDIT: Added the Battery.percentage.modifier. Once you have modded the SystemUI with the mod tool and you want easily to change the battery icons, just drop the 204 png's in the BM.Battery.percentage.modifier.zip\vrtheme\system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi folder and flash the zip in the recovery.

Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.3
    Here we go, attached are again 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.2 (JDQ39). If anybody wants other images from the image resources just tell me.

Always keep a backup of SystemUI.apk (and SystemUI.odex; located in /system/app/), you might need those for future OTA updates and of course in case something goes wrong.
    don't know they are the correct steps or not, but it seem works

Works perfectly, thanks. I made the following 4 flashable zip's for the Nexus 4 unmodified Stock ROM 4.2.1 (JOP40D) for the lazy ones.

Edit 2:
    The zip's are perfectly working now, thanks to floepie!
    Just tested, using OP's tools, follow ygvuhb's step and floepie's adjustment

This method works on 4.2.2 too

GREAT;)

STEP

1. Download Battery MOD Tool for Android 4.2.1, unzip it and choose which battery icons your like (in "Image Resources" folder)
    2. Copy battery icons into "Input_Images"
    3. Using root file explorer go to your nexus 4's \system\app\ copy "SystemUI.apk" and \system\framework\ copy "framework-res.apk"
    4. Paste "SystemUI.apk" & "framework-res.apk" in folder "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Input_APKs "

5. Edit "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat and exchange line 81---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36893421&postcount=95

6. Double-click "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Working_Dir\Mod_Battery.bat" and sit back and wait
    7. Download Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip
    8. Copy the updated SystemUI.apk (in "Battery_Mod_Tool_for_Android_4.2.1\Output\Modded_ APK") and use 7zip paste it in Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip\system\app\ (don't unzip it)
    9. Brainmasters.Battery.Mod.Flasher.Nexus.4.zip is updated, copy it in your nexus 4 and boot to recovery , flash it
    10. Reboot your nexus 4, then your will get the updated battery icons
    Hi there,
    Here is the flashable zip i created with the help of brainmasters great tool and Hung0702s generated PNGs.
    I flashed it with RomManager -> "Flash Rom from SDcard" and it worked just fine - no bootloops or anything.

As you can see in the screenshot, the size matches the other icons and looks great.
    I used the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from my device, which has the stock JellyBean 4.2.1 JOP40D Build installed.
    Have fun with it!

The Icons in the "Quick-Settings-Menu" (swipe down with two fingers) are not altered!