[Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

Search This thread

califrag

Mar 14, 2009
How can I install this without using Mobile ODIN? I've been searching for a way to put my Note 2 into fastboot mode (which is what I'm used to using to install recoveries), and I've had no luck whatsoever.

I had problems getting my Note2 to flash the recovery via fastboot too, so thought this might be helpful for those who don't have Mobile ODIN either.

Here's a regular ODIN flashable zip for ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.2.8 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile)

It's just the normal All-in-One ToolKit conversion (download the CWMTouch 6.0.2.8 put into INPUT folder, open toolkit, select option 16), but thought it may be useful if anybody wants it.

Download the .tar, put your phone into download mode, open up ODIN, make sure the box turns blue and it says 'Added!!'.

Click the PDA button and select this file, double check that ONLY AutoReboot and F. Reset Time are checked, then click 'Start'.

You'll see the progress in the textbox and the Note2 will automatically reboot.

<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Completed..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

After reboot, you can boot it back into recovery to check out the new version. Normal disclaimers apply, what worked for me may not work for you

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.8-t0ltetmo.tar
    6.3 MB · Views: 289
Reactions: fix-this!

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
would you guys say this recovery is better than twrp? asking because ive had alot of issues with twrp lately. i also assume my backups won't work if i flash this?

Last edited:

cisco150

Dec 31, 2007
Usa
Hi wanted to know if u guys can upload a cwm recovery touch flashable zip so I can flash in recovery thanks again

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

saseekutz

May 15, 2011
Olathe
I was having issues with twrp off and on for a bit. Been using cwm since, but i flashed philz cwm from the att dev forum a few days ago and its pretty damn good. Its 6.0.2.8 as well but I Don't know what differences it has with this. You can even restore twrp or 4ext backups. Lots of other options to choose from. Forgot to copy the link but I'll paste it in a sec

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2028103

[03.03.2013][PhilZ Touch][n710x/T889]4.87 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.2.8-exFAT-ext4-Root

Last edited:

diego1985

Mar 26, 2009
Atlanta Ga
I can't seem to get app2zip to work well with either recovery maybe it's just not compatible with note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

rp4k

Jan 27, 2011
Shenzhen, China
is there a tar that i can use to flash with PC ODIN since my SGH-T889 7105 phone isn't rooted yet mobile odin pro doesn't work, because i dont have root yet. i personally prefer CWM over any other type of recovery since that is what i have on my n7000 (note) . Thanks for the help :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you that prefer CWM over TWRP, today is your lucky day. CWM Recovery has been officially released for the Tmobile Galaxy Note 2.

Instructions for flashing via mobile Odin:

I'm not responsible if you bork your phone. If you are unsure of what you are doing, simply download and install directly from ROM Manager.

1) Always create a backup
    2) Download the recovery of your choice (Touch or Non-Touch)
    3) Download and install Mobile Odin from the Google Play Store
    4) Rename the recovery imagines to "recovery" without the quotes, and copy to your phone (internal memory or extSDCard)
    5) Load up Mobile Odin and grant SU permission and download files as instructed to update for this device.
    6) Simply select "Recovery" and browse to the recovery.img file on your phone.
    7) Scroll down and select "Flash Firmware"

That's about it.

If you want to flash via terminal use the following command

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

ALL CREDIT GOES TO KOUSH. Check out his site here

CWM Touch v6.0.2.5
    CWM non-touch v6.0.2.4
    And that's why you shouldn't "hurry up and be the first one to post" something before even testing it's functionality.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Not everyone uses CWM. Now you are aware that Koush is building for our device. I appreciate your negative comment...

I was providing useful information.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    Ive had cwm on my nite since october....si whats all this about. Please enlighten me. In fact I think i have version 6.1.5.0 or something like that

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

That version of CWM is intended for the international Note II (GT-N7100) and not ours. Even though it works with our phones (running 6.0.1.9), it'd be more preferred to have a recovery that supports our variant version.
    Oi ptfdmedic.

Long time, no Epic 4G.
    personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed