[APP][Battery] Quad Core Manager+ : Ultimate Battery Saver ★

Search This thread

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
QCM+ : Ultimate Battery Saver ★

SgLKpLVak4JcLWbR-FsFV3Jlryn2nzlJqcjgGWQrd1WO2XMgAdlVvtw_HS1GGQv8vEQ=w300-rw

# ROOT : THIS APP USES ROOT PERMISSIONS , IF YOU AREN'T ROOTED CONTINUING WON'T HELP YOU !

Quad Core Manager+ is the topmost and ultimate solution for battery saving !

Quad Core Manager+ is an app to give you control over your cores . QCM+ allows you to turn off/on your cores at will , thus , it will help you save a lot of battery !

QCM+ has a big set of features , the most notable are :

- Manual Cores Control : This app provides a pretty simple and interactive UI mostly constituted from buttons and text , allowing you to simply press a button to turn off a core , and another to turn it on . How simple ! Moreover , QCM+ checks your cores' statuses asynchronously to keep you in sync with your cores' current statuses !

- Persistent Mode : Some phones are programmed to control the cores in a frantic way ! This persistent mode (found in menu) will restrict the system and anybody else from changing the cores' statuses except this app , which will give you 100% control over your cores !

- ACOO : You just turned off your screen and your cores are still awake consuming battery . But WHY ?! This app is the solution ! QCM+ allows you to enable Automatic Cores On/Off (ACOO) service , which will turn off your cores when you don't use them ( turn off the screen ) and then on when you turn the screen back on ! Plus , it adds the ability to customize which cores you want to turn off and on , and it adds the option to have two advanced and alternative modes for turning on/off your cores !

- Start On Boot : Saves you time ! Instead of reopening the QCM+ app to relaunch the ACOO and Persistent Mode services every time you reboot , it will automatically start them on boot ! Of course this is optional and disabled by default , to enable it , press Menu > Start On Boot !

Purported upcoming features : Manual Control from the Notifications area - Widgets !!

After the 30 July trial , a new trial logic will come , it will allow you to use ACOO for a 15-day trial , and then a donation will be required for continuing the usage of the ACOO feature !

- And much much more to see inside the app from optional transitions to the first core toggle !

If you want to suggest a feature , or report a bug , please send it to my personal email : seaskyways@gmail.com ...

For help , try pressing on the little question mark buttons , they will help you understand , for further help , contact me over my email above !

Quad Core Manager+ on PlayStore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=seaskyways.quadcoremanagerplus

WARNING : For those people who see that their cores are being re-enabled or re-disabled by them selves , go to Menu > Enable Persistent Mode > Enable , hope it works that way , otherwise you know then that your device isn't compatible with this app !

Last edited:

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
doesn't work for me the cores just keep getting back online
For this reason I made the Persistent Mode , check it in the menu of the app !

Also its recommended if you are using the ACOO feature to enable ACOO Compatibility under Advanced Options , and then enable Alternative ACOO toggle located at the bottom !

Blackwolf10

Nov 14, 2012
Duhok
For this reason I made the Persistent Mode , check it in the menu of the app !

Also its recommended if you are using the ACOO feature to enable ACOO Compatibility under Advanced Options , and then enable Alternative ACOO toggle located at the bottom !

even with that persistent mode enabled usually core 4 is the first one to get back online like ASAP

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
I love how people leave negative comments in the play store when it clearly says beta. The worst thing, is that im betting they wont help to try and make the app better. Saddens me that people do this. Saying it freezes and giving no info is not helpful. Using acoo toggle on galaxy nexus. Going to wait until I have a full charge and see if it helps battery any. Although I noticed in acoo it says that 3 cores will be controlled when I only have 2

Last edited:

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
I love how people leave negative comments in the play store when it clearly says beta. The worst thing, is that im betting they wont help to try and make the app better. Saddens me that people do this. Saying it freezes and giving no info is not helpful. Using acoo toggle on galaxy nexus. Going to wait until I have a full charge and see if it helps battery any. Although I noticed in acoo it says that 3 cores will be controlled when I only have 2
Its a small visual glitch that I left behind while programming for that I am finding more broken stuff that I have to fix , however if Core 2 and 3 toggles are useless on dual-core phones , and they absolutely do nothing to the phone , not advantageous nor disadvantageous ... And btw , I like the way you thought , Thanks for the support !

apophis9283

Staff member
Its a small visual glitch that I left behind while programming for that I am finding more broken stuff that I have to fix , however if Core 2 and 3 toggles are useless on dual-core phones , and they absolutely do nothing to the phone , not advantageous nor disadvantageous ... And btw , I like the way you thought , Thanks for the support !

I see this all the time. People want to complain about it not working and they want it fixed. Its hard to fix with no information. So on a dual core using acoo it wont shut off core 2 while sleeping? Im going to be upgrading to a Note 2 soon which is quad core. Why my attention was caught on this app. Core 2 says it can be shut off. So in acoo only core 2 should be controlled as thats the one that can be shut off correct? Would this app be equivalent to a kernel governor using hotplugging?

Last edited:

Luke2508

Nov 20, 2012
Bradford
Just about to install to see if it helps in any way. Btw I'm on CM10.1 SIII

Will report back with feedback :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

apophis9283

Staff member
Knowing that the main core is Core 0 , then Core 1 is the 2nd core :D

I edited my post above so dont kill me for asking again. Is this the equivalent of a kernel governor that has hotplugging? Yes, you are right, 0 is core 1 and 1 is core 2 BUT, in the app it shows me being able to shut down core 2. So using that logic previously stated, core 2 would be core 3 and I dont have a 3rd core.

Luke2508

Nov 20, 2012
Bradford
I have just installed and even when I enable persistent mode and try to toggle any of the cores on, even though they do toggle within a few seconds they turn off again.

Again I'm on SIII with CM10.1

Reactions: YRAJ23

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
Just reviewed my code and no it isn't a flaw , this is a part of my exact code :

Code:
if(sp.getBoolean("isAlternativeOn", false)){						

if (checkBeforeEnabling[0] == 1){

if (core1) {
								Executable.disable_core(1);
							}

if(checkBeforeEnabling[1] == 1){
								if(core2){
									Executable.disable_core(2);
								}
								if(core3){
									Executable.disable_core(3);
								}								
							}
							Log.i("ACOO", "Disabled Cores !");
						}else{
							return;
						}

This code is run if you have Compatibility On and Alternative Compatibilty !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QCM+ : Ultimate Battery Saver ★

SgLKpLVak4JcLWbR-FsFV3Jlryn2nzlJqcjgGWQrd1WO2XMgAdlVvtw_HS1GGQv8vEQ=w300-rw

# ROOT : THIS APP USES ROOT PERMISSIONS , IF YOU AREN'T ROOTED CONTINUING WON'T HELP YOU !

Quad Core Manager+ is the topmost and ultimate solution for battery saving !

Quad Core Manager+ is an app to give you control over your cores . QCM+ allows you to turn off/on your cores at will , thus , it will help you save a lot of battery !

QCM+ has a big set of features , the most notable are :

- Manual Cores Control : This app provides a pretty simple and interactive UI mostly constituted from buttons and text , allowing you to simply press a button to turn off a core , and another to turn it on . How simple ! Moreover , QCM+ checks your cores' statuses asynchronously to keep you in sync with your cores' current statuses !

- Persistent Mode : Some phones are programmed to control the cores in a frantic way ! This persistent mode (found in menu) will restrict the system and anybody else from changing the cores' statuses except this app , which will give you 100% control over your cores !

- ACOO : You just turned off your screen and your cores are still awake consuming battery . But WHY ?! This app is the solution ! QCM+ allows you to enable Automatic Cores On/Off (ACOO) service , which will turn off your cores when you don't use them ( turn off the screen ) and then on when you turn the screen back on ! Plus , it adds the ability to customize which cores you want to turn off and on , and it adds the option to have two advanced and alternative modes for turning on/off your cores !

- Start On Boot : Saves you time ! Instead of reopening the QCM+ app to relaunch the ACOO and Persistent Mode services every time you reboot , it will automatically start them on boot ! Of course this is optional and disabled by default , to enable it , press Menu > Start On Boot !

Purported upcoming features : Manual Control from the Notifications area - Widgets !!

After the 30 July trial , a new trial logic will come , it will allow you to use ACOO for a 15-day trial , and then a donation will be required for continuing the usage of the ACOO feature !

- And much much more to see inside the app from optional transitions to the first core toggle !

If you want to suggest a feature , or report a bug , please send it to my personal email : seaskyways@gmail.com ...

For help , try pressing on the little question mark buttons , they will help you understand , for further help , contact me over my email above !

Quad Core Manager+ on PlayStore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=seaskyways.quadcoremanagerplus

WARNING : For those people who see that their cores are being re-enabled or re-disabled by them selves , go to Menu > Enable Persistent Mode > Enable , hope it works that way , otherwise you know then that your device isn't compatible with this app !
    Big update !! Now compatible with the Galaxy S3 through Persistent mode !
    I have just installed and even when I enable persistent mode and try to toggle any of the cores on, even though they do toggle within a few seconds they turn off again.

Again I'm on SIII with CM10.1

Hello! What happens if a core runs process and that core is disabled? Is the process killed/damaged? Thanks
    I stopped supporting the app since it is not viable on newer phones , sorry but it isn't anymore functional and phones now have more sophisticated ways