android market terms of service problem

Search This thread

Tomcat27

Apr 2, 2008
Odense M
Hello, i finally got my Hero. loaded a new ROM onto it and rooted it, but i´m having some trouble with the market app. whenever i try to open it it just says loading "android market terms of service" and stays there forever, the only choice is to wait longer og choose decline.

I´ve triyed both on wifi and gprs connection, and every other application on the phone can use both connections to browse and so on.just not android market..

Here is a little infor about the phone to help you figur my problem out.
ROM: update-hero-modacocustomrom-1.1-signed
Firmware version: 1.5
Baseband Version: 63.18.55.06U_6.35.04.25
Kernel version: 2.6.27-a550404199 HTC-kernel@and18-2 #521
Build number: 1.79.482.3 14733 CL#49365 release keys
Software version 1.0.0.A6288

Hope some kind soul is willing to help me out, thank you in advance.

cdmackay

Aug 11, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I just put 1.1 on my Hero a few hours ago, and Market is still working fine for me. i did update the radio first though; you might want to try that.

otherwise, it could just be Market playing up, not at all unusual in my experience...

Tomcat27

Apr 2, 2008
Odense M
Updated the radio to this version, "update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15-signed" still no luck getting allowed to accept the terms of service, but i seems that the phone now has better signal strenght to the phone net.

After apoximitly 5 minutes i get a window instead of the loading screen where is says "Attention. An error has occured. Please try again later."

R

rhedgehog

this sounds similar to teh connection errors that people are experiencing when they skip the sign in process during the initial set up. In general,m the only solution to that is to hard reset and sign in to google at the very first opportunity, during the set up screens and before you ever see the touchflo homescreen.

of course, it could just be a proxy in the APN settings.....

Tomcat27

Apr 2, 2008
Odense M
Year, i had that problem on the first time i changed the ROM, on that occasion i skipped the google account setup, and couldn´t use any program the used the internet.
But on this install i did do the sign in on first boot, and every program other that market that uses the internet or GPRS is working (weather, browser, mail, stock´s and so on)
Only thing that won´t start is the market tearms of service.

I had the exact same problem.

You need to contact your service provider and get the APN settings for your provider. After you have entered them in connect to marketplace over 3G and you should be fine.
My problem was caused by my phone company, Chess.no, shipping the unit with APN settings for Netcom! Obviously with a Chess sim inside the phone had some connectivity problems. Once the Chess APN settings were in I got connected straight away.

R

rhedgehog

are you using wifi or 3g? I heard that market likes to make it's initial connection over 3G....

sadly i have a locked t-mobile G2 so i don't have any of these problems, i just sign in and it is automatically set up for me over 3G.

Tomcat27

Apr 2, 2008
Odense M
Arctic Matt was spot on, there was no APN profile in the phone, just made one with a name. after that it worked instantly.

Thanks alot.

Thanks for listening :)

I cannot believe that Scandinavian mobile providers, with their lazy ass coffee drinking cake eating lifestyle, have failed to notice this problem. If you look around on other forums (Google, Chess, Netcom) there are tons of people with this shortfall. I am so sick of this constant crap in Norway that I am moving my entire family over to Canada! In Norway, the technology is there and people want it but the companies providing it are infested by tech thick 50 year old management morons who are incapable of overseeing projects.
Just imagine if you were not a member of xda devs and have just got this phone as an average Joe. No apps! No help! ...and they wonder why people hack the phones to hell.
Glad I could help.

cyberdog100

Feb 20, 2009
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've got the exact same problem and have tried everything listed here. I had this issue on my LG Optimus One running Froyo, I flashed with a new ROM and still have the same problem.

I tried:

1. Master Reset through the phone (3 times!)

2. Entering APN and connecting via the mobile network before using WiFi (also tried WiFi first before using mobile network, no difference).

3. Signing in through the YouTube App and ensuring sync was on, yes that works, and I can see my Gmail, but still can't sign into the Market.

After (3), each time I try to open the Market I get " An error has occurred. Please try again later." and the Market just exits.

Anyone have any other solutions which might work??

nijnvy

Jun 25, 2010
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've got the exact same problem and have tried everything listed here. I had this issue on my LG Optimus One running Froyo, I flashed with a new ROM and still have the same problem.

I tried:

1. Master Reset through the phone (3 times!)

2. Entering APN and connecting via the mobile network before using WiFi (also tried WiFi first before using mobile network, no difference).

3. Signing in through the YouTube App and ensuring sync was on, yes that works, and I can see my Gmail, but still can't sign into the Market.

After (3), each time I try to open the Market I get " An error has occurred. Please try again later." and the Market just exits.

Anyone have any other solutions which might work??

Sometimes your provider will block your connection to market, until you verify that you are over 18 (as a child proofing method) etc.. (even on wifi, somehow)

at least that was a problem with someone I knew.. .. I assume master reset would clear market data and cache?

cyberdog100

Feb 20, 2009
Sometimes your provider will block your connection to market, until you verify that you are over 18 (as a child proofing method) etc.. (even on wifi, somehow)

at least that was a problem with someone I knew.. .. I assume master reset would clear market data and cache?

I don't think that's my issue, I've used my SIM as well as many other SIMs in other Android phones to access the market, it just seems to be an issue with this particular handset, oh well its weird! :confused:

pogoetic

Jul 21, 2010
Did you find a solution to your problem? I just flashed Android 2.2 to my HD2 and have a similar problem, only android market wont work.

Thanks!

pogoetic

Jul 21, 2010
Okay so i had to download an app called MoreLocale2 and force the locale to English(United States) and hard reset the phone. Worked fine after that. Hope it helps!