[VIDEO] New Note 3 QI Receiver - Wireless Charging

Search This thread

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
NFC Compatible UPDATE at Bottom

This QI receiver pad works much better than the first one I tested. It's ability to work with the LG WCP-700 is a huge perk. The pad looks wider, it fits better, works with more pads, works through most cases with no issues etc.

Out of the two I've used so far, this one is better in every way... So far...

By request... This is the auction I purchased it from.

Buy it now link:

http://goo.gl/37o5jR

EDIT:

Added this video. It should cover the thickness, couple of cases, Google Orb charger, charge rates, and NFC usage.

EDIT (4/27/2014):

NFC Receiver UPDATE

Well I got really busy after I purchased a third receiver and didn't publish any information until now. Why did I purchase a third receiver? Well it was because of NFC. The second receiver is still the best with charging, but this one is a close second. I could not get NFC to work with the second receiver. This one will work through most cases.

eBay Link: I'm posting search results. Just match up the model with the one in the video. It's easier this way in case some of the auctions end.

http://goo.gl/crTI3R

Last edited:

babyshanks

Oct 28, 2013
Minneapolis

This QI receiver pad works much better than the first one I tested. It's ability to work with the LG WCP-700 is a huge perk. The pad looks wider, it fits better, works with more pads, works through most cases with no issues etc.

Thanks for the video. I'm holding off till I see the video with the cases on. I'm too clumsy for this baby to go naked.
Also, have you experienced any issues with NFC using this one?

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Thanks for the video. Can you post the ebay link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

He's got the link in the youtube about section.

Last edited:

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Thanks for the video. I'm holding off till I see the video with the cases on. I'm too clumsy for this baby to go naked.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

I don't personally use NFC a lot, but yes there are big issues with the NFC. I'll do a follow up video showing it being used with two cases and attempting to beam to another phone.

Buy it now link:

Reactions: mehdi_s82

mehdi_s82

Oct 30, 2007
Rockville, MD
I don't personally use NFC a lot, but yes there are big issues with the NFC. I'll do a follow up video showing it being used with two cases and attempting to beam to another phone.

Buy it now link:

Does this add buldge to the original back cover? Or from outside it looks as before and stays flat on surface?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

juchima

Dec 7, 2012
Does this charging system fully charge a Note 3? Another thread mentioned wireless charging systems don't charge to 100%.

galaxy808

May 11, 2013
awesome video, I was looking at that receiver as well, have had good experience with that brand yipin or yieneng on m s4.

the biggest quest for me is does it bulge? the s4 there was a spot where the chips would fit in the notch for the microsd, but I dont see a notch on the note 3 so I wonder if they designed it to fit in some kind of recessed area?

Thanks in advance.

vandals01

Nov 11, 2013
See the 3 pins where you connect the wireless receiver:

Top one is +5v.
Second one is Ground.
Thrid one is for S-View Cover (+) - (in case you wonder that the heck is that for)

In the event that you have a S-view Cover, you just have to use second as a common ground between the receiver and the S cover.

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
awesome video, I was looking at that receiver as well, have had good experience with that brand yipin or yieneng on m s4.

the biggest quest for me is does it bulge? the s4 there was a spot where the chips would fit in the notch for the microsd, but I dont see a notch on the note 3 so I wonder if they designed it to fit in some kind of recessed area?

Thanks in advance.

This receiver is pretty thin in everyway, as with all receiver, you will get the bulge, but you will not really notice it, would you rather have a receiver that has no bulge that does not work well or a receiver that has a slight bulge and does what you expect.

yessirrom

Jun 15, 2007
Texas
Can you still fit a case on with this installed? I have a hard case sedio with a kick stand and do not want to give it up.

damitch300

Dec 18, 2011
Julianadorp
See the 3 pins where you connect the wireless receiver:

Top one is +5v.
Second one is Ground.
Thrid one is for S-View Cover (+) - (in case you wonder that the heck is that for)

In the event that you have a S-view Cover, you just have to use second as a common ground between the receiver and the S cover.

Can you explaine your last item?
I got an s view cover and want the Qi receiver.
How to make them work togheter?

I also have an qi wireless back cover from samsung but i think it makes the phone to thick.
I use the original cover at home. And when im at sail the s view.

bubblesmoney

Jun 1, 2010
Can you explaine your last item?
I got an s view cover and want the Qi receiver.
How to make them work togheter
?

I also have an qi wireless back cover from samsung but i think it makes the phone to thick.
I use the original cover at home. And when im at sail the s view.

you can enable s view functions as explained in my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqzDf-CDLT8 i bought the cheapest case and receiver and works fine.

am using the same in my car with my qi enabled car charger holder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTNAPp2UkkI

have a newer one with NFC pins but not had time to do a video, will try to do one later tonight, think it should be the thinnest till date and charges fine at home.

getting the official one in a few days too and will review it when i get it. ordered a second official one from clove uk. my original order for the official one made in early october from mobilefun hit the wall from the scamsters at mobilefun. was repeatedly getting emails saying delivery delayed and whether i will accept alternate product (please note no mention of refund in any email), then a week or so ago saw on their website that it was in stock but still didnt get delivery and got another email saying further delays and saw on website that it was sold out!!!. so sent them email to send it or give refund after cancelling order. they replied with email saying order cancelled and that was nearly 2 weeks ago and yet to get refund. so have raised a claim at paypal and those scumbags havent yet responded to paypal claim and 8 days now since i have escalated this to a claim at paypal and mobilefun havent yet bothered to reply to my paypal claim. if dont get my refund will escalate it to fraud complaint with my credit card issuer against mobilefun. paid via credit card via paypal to mobilefun website in early october. just mentioning this here so that other people dont get scammed like i have been at mobilefun.

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
This receiver is pretty thin in everyway, as with all receiver, you will get the bulge, but you will not really notice it, would you rather have a receiver that has no bulge that does not work well or a receiver that has a slight bulge and does what you expect.

Thanks for your videos. I love wireless charging but on the note 3 it's been a bittersweet scenario...got the oem samsung charging back but there are no cases that fit that (at least that I've found) so I'm stuck choosing between a case and wireless at the moment. Your thread has given me some hope though about the possibility of using the original back with an insert that actually works and still be able to fit a case.

One question - does the phone with insert in & case on "rock" when it's on a flat surface? For example, when you have it flat on a desk/table/etc and you hit the home button on the note - does it "rock" toward you and then back after lifting your finger? This is so annoying to me and I wake the device with the home key a lot at work...it'd probably be a deal-breaker for me, but if you can share your insight I might avoid another bit of money wasted.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFC Compatible UPDATE at Bottom

By request... This is the auction I purchased it from.

Buy it now link:

EDIT:

Added this video. It should cover the thickness, couple of cases, Google Orb charger, charge rates, and NFC usage.

EDIT (4/27/2014):

NFC Receiver UPDATE

Well I got really busy after I purchased a third receiver and didn't publish any information until now. Why did I purchase a third receiver? Well it was because of NFC. The second receiver is still the best with charging, but this one is a close second. I could not get NFC to work with the second receiver. This one will work through most cases.

eBay Link: I'm posting search results. Just match up the model with the one in the video. It's easier this way in case some of the auctions end.

http://goo.gl/crTI3R

Buy it now link: