Phone rebooting

Search This thread

v4npro

Mar 8, 2010
Pasadena
Hi, twice today my phone rebooted. Once on a call and when it booted back up after I put phone on charge and left it for 5 minutes and it rebooted again. My phone is all stock on ART runtime. Any ideas? It did happen few weeks ago too while on a call.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hi, twice today my phone rebooted. Once on a call and when it booted back up after I put phone on charge and left it for 5 minutes and it rebooted again. My phone is all stock on ART framework. Any ideas? It did happen few weeks ago too while on a call.

Thanks.

without any kind of logs, nor a last_kmsg, it is just a guess why your phone rebooted. since this guess is as good as any other guess, i say that your phone rebooted from fear of dinosaurs.

v4npro

Mar 8, 2010
Pasadena
How can I get the logs that haven't been eaten by the dinosaurs yet?

Valdeck

Mar 20, 2011
Disable ART it is experimental right now. But with out logs finding out why is a guessing game and an uneducated one at that.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
do you have root? you can run a last_kmsg after a reboot. the device automatically saves this after a reboot that you didnt do yourself. this will show why your device rebooted.

v4npro

Mar 8, 2010
Pasadena
do you have root? you can run a last_kmsg after a reboot. the device automatically saves this after a reboot that you didnt do yourself. this will show why your device rebooted.

Not rooted but I'll disable ART runtime and see. Thanks for input guys.