[Q] Venue 8 App Development

Search This thread

rogar28

Dec 6, 2013
I've just gotten the Dell Venue 8. Basically, I want to use it to develop apps for Android. I'm using eclipse with the Android SDK, but my device is not recognized by Eclipse or my computer. It is informing me that I do not have the necessary drivers. I've been searching for the drivers and have downloaded and tried manually selecting them from device manager but none will work. Does any one have any advice or recommendations?

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
I've just gotten the Dell Venue 8. Basically, I want to use it to develop apps for Android. I'm using eclipse with the Android SDK, but my device is not recognized by Eclipse or my computer. It is informing me that I do not have the necessary drivers. I've been searching for the drivers and have downloaded and tried manually selecting them from device manager but none will work. Does any one have any advice or recommendations?

Read my guide on the unlocked bootloader, I point to the drivers you need to install: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48052077

Instead of installing for the Android-Phone with the Bootloader Interface, install it with the Android Composite Device instead.

deltatux

Reactions: rogar28

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Read my guide on the unlocked bootloader, I point to the drivers you need to install: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48052077

Instead of installing for the Android-Phone with the Bootloader Interface, install it with the Android Composite Device instead.

deltatux