Galaxy Note 4.3 update as of 12/9/13 - discuss all 4.3 upgrade issues here

Search This thread

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008
or atleast i am trying to. i have root access and trying to copy/past from the cache folder to external sd or any other location for that matter seems to be failing. first time attempting this. what am i forgetting?

Is the file actually there but you aren't able to copy it over to external SD?

Keyan

Dec 8, 2010
Is the file actually there but you aren't able to copy it over to external SD?

it is definitely there from what i can tell. It's named update.zip, it was modified today, and it is 614MB

maybe it wont let me grab it because the phone is on? should i power off and grab it via usb cable? currently trying to modify it via Root File Manager App.

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008
it is definitely there from what i can tell. It's named update.zip, it was modified today, and it is 614MB

maybe it wont let me grab it because the phone is on? should i power off and grab it via usb cable? currently trying to modify it via Root File Manager App.

Is it giving you any kind of error? Since it's Write only, you'll probably have to change the permissions to be able to copy it from the cache folder. You should be able to do it with Root File Manager. I know I can with Root Explorer.

Keyan

Dec 8, 2010
Is it giving you any kind of error? Since it's Write only, you'll probably have to change the permissions to be able to copy it from the cache folder. You should be able to do it with Root File Manager. I know I can with Root Explorer.

well root file manager says it was read/write for the owner so i changed the permissions to read/write for all users. then i attempted to rename it to 1update.zip.....and then the file disappeared. :eek:

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008
well root file manager says it was read/write for the owner so i changed the permissions to read/write for all users. then i attempted to rename it to 1update.zip.....and then the file disappeared. :eek:

Weird, will it let you download it again since you renamed it?

Keyan

Dec 8, 2010
Weird, will it let you download it again since you renamed it?

i tried running software update again and it gave me an error "Your device has been modified, Software updates are not available"

wellllllllllllll it looks like I botched it up big somehow. I definitely didn't delete the file. damnit :mad:

rosedog

May 1, 2010

I wonder what feature I'm NOT going to get...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

i tried running software update again and it gave me an error "Your device has been modified, Software updates are not available"

wellllllllllllll it looks like I botched it up big somehow. I definitely didn't delete the file. damnit :mad:

run Triangle away and enable tracking and reboot (if you are already turn off tracking > reboot > turn on tracking > reboot ~ status should be normal now).

Reactions: hasbrobot

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008

Does it say say your device is modified under Menu > Settings > About Phone > status?

Try rebooting the phone.

Reactions: hasbrobot

Keyan

Dec 8, 2010
Does it say say your device is modified under Menu > Settings > About Phone > status?

Try rebooting the phone.

i created a 0byte file named update.zip in the cache folder and rebooted, and now it is telling me it is ok to install. (my battle level is below 50% so it wont let me). so i cured the modified error. but the actual download is still MIA. says device status is normal. it was probably kicking that error because it couldnt find the update.zip since i somehow renamed it and it decided to play Where's Waldo.

rosedog

May 1, 2010
i created a 0byte file named update.zip in the cache folder and rebooted, and now it is telling me it is ok to install. (my battle level is below 50% so it wont let me). so i cured the modified error. but the actual download is still MIA. says device status is normal. it was probably kicking that error because it couldnt find the update.zip since i somehow renamed it and it decided to play Where's Waldo.

That's odd, mine is at 16% and d/l on LTE. I'm stock rooted.

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008

Strange that the download just disappeared. Have you tried searching for the file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any way someone can extract just the modem from this? If I'm not mistaken that will allow us to use it with AT&T & international edition ROMs w/o the data drop issue. :good:

Here is the modem http://www.mediafire.com/download/5hrw5zr7hh4mnmt/T889UVUCMK7_Modem-Dec_9_13.zip md5 d4c83d93a438a923084b939014819e82

kernel http://www.mediafire.com/download/f3wqg8r40eb2xy7/T889UVUCMK7_Kernel-Dec_9_13.zip md5 832eb09239d64f2c2225f3c9ce6fc9e9
    Here's the mirror link, Thanks owlensteed for Mediafire hosting :)...https://www.mediafire.com/?dafr7vvawd0naq3

9 minutes is much better than 1 hour 40 minutes
    Uploading deodexed rooted Knox free to dev-host now

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    FYI Ladies and Gentlemen,

The GS3 crowd has found that attempting to rollback to a previous version of android (such as 4.1.2) can cause brick like symptoms due to the new bootloader that gets installed via official update methods. They found that if you go back to the 4.3 version that you can get the phone back...

They also found that the modem and rom can be installed via recovery once the devs give it their treatment and the old bootloaders stays and works fine.

TreveE and other tethering options either don't work or are not great just yet but there are some options that can be flashed via recovery to get thethering back. They figured out how to get it to work on their device. Might not work for us but it might start the thought process regarding how to get it working. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553066

I'd bet that their experiences will be repeated with our devices...

Dr ketan from the n7100 has patched the bootloader so you can flash free ly and have wifi

Modem/kernel combo doesn't work with skynote 9 Not losing data but no wifi

Its the kernel. Use devil kernel to fix WiFi until the the boot loader gets patched

Should have read ur comment before I tried to go back to 4.1.2. T_T, I tried, and it failed. And since I dont have iinternet @ my house (was using hotspot) I had to scurry around everywhere with my laptop to redownload the new 4.3 :/

After I get the ROM downloaded from sammobile (probably tomorrow) I will get with Dr ketan to get our boot loader patched.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    sucks that we ste a few weeks away from any good custom rom

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

#firstworldpains

Lol I had to, sorry :)

Speaking for myself - I am incredibly slow, so if one considered anything I came up with as a "good custom rom" your statement is actually a best-case scenario and likely is underestimating it a bit. BUT - there are a handful of others out there that are not anywhere near as slow and have all appearances of generating their own twists on this newest update, and I have every confidence that they will come in far under your "few weeks" estimation. When things are pushed out too fast - problems emerge. When things are pushed out too slow - it elicits an annoyed-waiting scenario for folks. The happy medium varies by individual, but the reality is the update is only a few days old... it does take a LITTLE time regardless of a particular tinkerer's skill/speed/efficiency. My money is that by the end of next week there will be a few options available for folks to play with. In the meantime... root + xposed + wanam/gravitybox should ease the wait :)