[Q] Can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 from Android 4.0 to 4.3 or 4.4?

Search This thread

meiyi2

Dec 13, 2013
I am absolutely new to android stuffs. Can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 from Android 4.0 to 4.3 or 4.4? Can anyone please direct me to a safe link to upgrade my android? I have rooted my phone. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Caproid

Apr 5, 2013
Bucuresti
Dude...you can't officially update android to 4.2.2 , 4.3 , 4.4.2... only samsung official android is 4.1.2 ;) Sammobile.com

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

meiyi2

Dec 13, 2013
Can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 from Android 4.0 to 4.3 or 4.4? Can anyone please direct me to a safe link to upgrade my android? I can't find any video about these :confused::confused::confused:

Sorry for my English. I mean I wanna upgrade my Android 4.0 to 4.3 or 4.4. But I just can figure out how do I do it. Can u provide me some link the instructional videos to upgrade my android versions. Thanks. :cowboy:

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
If u have a custom recovery .

Thn go ahead and flash the rom zip of any Android version with full wipe.

If u get status 7 error then u need to have latest cwm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Muthzer the One

Nov 21, 2013
Well maybe a little tutorial first

Rom=the firmware on your phone
StockRom=official (Samsung provided) firmware
CustomRom= unofficial firmware (rooted phones only)
Recovery= it's a surface in which u can install. Zip files and do other stuff like wiping dalvik cache etc. You have to differ between stock-/customRecovery
To install zip files you need a custom recovery like clockworkmod (cwm)
(to) flash something= that just means to install zip files via custom recovery

First thing you need to do is installing a custom recovery , depending of your phone model you can eventually use rom manager from playstore (gt-i9100).
If you have another model you may have to find another way to install cwm as I have no idea if it works on other models as well.
If you installed cwm successfully you now have to search for a rom which is fitting to your phone model, be careful, as flashing of a wrong rom can kill your phone forever.
To start the recovery you have to start your phone while holding the power, home and volume up button pressed. Once there it's a good idea to make a backup before flashing something.
If you have installed cwm through rom manager and have still stock rom, you only can start cwm by using rom manager.
Better wipe every data before flashing a new Rom otherwise you may experience a boot loop.

Alright guess that should be all for now, hope it'll help

Sent from my GT-i9100 using xda app-developers app