[Q] No service, tried everything

Search This thread

Toxic_Ninja

Jan 16, 2014
I got a p500h from my friend since my razr droid died and I needed something to hold me over until I can save up for the note3. It had 2.2 on it so I flashed CM 10.1 for 4.2.2. When I put my sim card in I had no service.
I checked the baseband and it was unknown so I flashed it for v.20 and it appeared but I still get no service.
I don't have gapps installed because I don't really need it.
And that's pretty much it. I can't think of anything else to try, can someone help? I'm using a non-smart phone in the meantime and it is quite terrible.

Bartlebyxxx

Jan 6, 2014
Try the old Baseband fix, that did it for me some years ago, not sure if you need the v10 baseband coming from 2.2 but the fix should work. You can find it here on the Forum.

If nothing works, use kdz to flash the Stock Rom and start over.

Toxic_Ninja

Jan 16, 2014
Try the old Baseband fix, that did it for me some years ago, not sure if you need the v10 baseband coming from 2.2 but the fix should work. You can find it here on the Forum.

If nothing works, use kdz to flash the Stock Rom and start over.

Thanks, I wanted to try that but when I go to download the milk_os fix at the bottom of this page
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14743798&postcount=2
I get redirected to some bull****(lp.downloadsetup.net)
And I just don't trust this thing, is this really what I'm suppose to download?

maharu567

Mar 8, 2009
Bucuresti
Is definitely the fault of baseband. Some rom is incompatible with any type of baseband. Try to download from play store an application with baseband-ril match...

Syd_M

I got a p500h from my friend since my razr droid died and I needed something to hold me over until I can save up for the note3. It had 2.2 on it so I flashed CM 10.1 for 4.2.2. When I put my sim card in I had no service.
I checked the baseband and it was unknown so I flashed it for v.20 and it appeared but I still get no service.
And that's pretty much it. I can't think of anything else to try, can someone help? I'm using a non-smart phone in the meantime and it is quite terrible.

Sounds like you have an old baseband phone, but you flashed a new baseband ROM on it. In that case, simply flash the zip indicated below (I suggest you mount /system in recovery before flashing, even though the script auto-mounts /system, just to be sure). I'm attaching two zips for the sake of completeness; the one you want is the Use_New_BB_ROMS.zip.

Use_New_BB_ROMS.zip -- Flash this zip if you're trying to use a new baseband ROM on a phone that uses the old baseband. If you have no network on 2.3 and above ROMS, your phone probably uses the old baseband, so this is the zip you need.

Use_Old_BB_ROMS.zip -- Flash this zip if you're trying to use an old baseband ROM on a phone that uses the new baseband. If you have no network on 2.2 and below ROMS, your phone probably uses the new baseband, so this is the zip you need.

Attachments

• Use_New_BB_ROMS.zip
    217.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Use_Old_BB_ROMS.zip
    223.2 KB · Views: 19

Toxic_Ninja

Jan 16, 2014
Sounds like you have an old baseband phone, but you flashed a new baseband ROM on it. In that case, simply flash the zip indicated below (I suggest you mount /system in recovery before flashing, even though the script auto-mounts /system, just to be sure). I'm attaching two zips for the sake of completeness; the one you want is the Use_New_BB_ROMS.zip.

Use_New_BB_ROMS.zip -- Flash this zip if you're trying to use a new baseband ROM on a phone that uses the old baseband. If you have no network on 2.3 and above ROMS, your phone probably uses the old baseband, so this is the zip you need.

Use_Old_BB_ROMS.zip -- Flash this zip if you're trying to use an old baseband ROM on a phone that uses the new baseband. If you have no network on 2.2 and below ROMS, your phone probably uses the new baseband, so this is the zip you need.

I tried to flash it but I get an error: can't copy META-INF/com/google/android/updated-binary
Should I be wiping cache for this? Dalvik cache?

I used LGMDP-v1.5 to get bb v.20 on my phone in the first place, I tried to do the same with v.10 after v.20 didn't work but it just went back to baseband unknown. when I tried to download the milk_os fix it just linked me to some phishing page.

Syd_M

What recovery are you using? I've tried with AmonRa & CWM 5.0.2.0 and both work. Other CWM versions will probably work, too. Haven't tried with TWRP.

If this flashed successfully but you still don't have service, then you might have borked something when changing baseband in KDZ. If that's the case, then hopefully others will be able to help you as I've never touched KDZ myself.

voltaire23

Dec 4, 2013

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616412 <-- go here..i prefer you to use twrp..;) hit thanks if i helped.;)

Last edited:

Toxic_Ninja

Jan 16, 2014
What recovery are you using? I've tried with AmonRa & CWM 5.0.2.0 and both work. Other CWM versions will probably work, too. Haven't tried with TWRP.

If this flashed successfully but you still don't have service, then you might have borked something when changing baseband in KDZ. If that's the case, then hopefully others will be able to help you as I've never touched KDZ myself.

I was using CWM 5.0.2.0, and I've never touched KDZ.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616412 <-- go here..i prefer you to use twrp..;) hit thanks if i helped.;)
I tried it, here's what happened.

First I just flashed it, I checked the baseband, it was unknown. Previously it was v.20 so I tried flashing in v.10 since this was a fix for v.10 AFAIK
Still unknown.
Tried flashing the fix again just to overwrite whatever it needed to overwrite and still unknown.
I'm back to square 1 on this one.

voltaire23

Dec 4, 2013

First I just flashed it, I checked the baseband, it was unknown. Previously it was v.20 so I tried flashing in v.10 since this was a fix for v.10 AFAIK
Still unknown.
Tried flashing the fix again just to overwrite whatever it needed to overwrite and still unknown.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559363 dude i think you did something which is not good.. i require you to restore ur stock rom with the link i gave.. or if ur affraid of kdz use odin.
if ur back with the stock rom never upgrade your baseband again..when u flash a custom rom with new baseband needed just simply flash the baseband fix i gave you..

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Still unknown.

dude i think you did something which is not good.. i require you to restore ur stock rom with the link i gave.. or if ur affraid of kdz use odin.
if ur back with the stock rom never upgrade your baseband again..when u flash a custom rom with new baseband needed just simply flash the baseband fix i gave you..
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559363