[Q] Home screen shortcuts folder in Android?

Search This thread

zest

Jan 8, 2008
I did search, but can't find answer to my question.
To can you understand my question I will give you example with windows XP.
The desktop shortcuts in winxp are stored in folder C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop. If I save this folder and later I lost all shortcuts I can restore it.
I have this problem with the apps shortcuts in my phone home screen. My question is where is the location of this folder, where android store the shortcuts in the home screen?
My phone is root and I have root explorer installed.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
What are you trying to do? I smell an XY problem.

Nevertheless, to answer your question: it's usually in /data/data/<package name of your launcher>/databases/
Most 3rd party launchers allow you to backup and restore their settings without hassle.

Reactions: RootedLee

zest

Jan 8, 2008

Nevertheless, to answer your question: it's usually in /data/data/<package name of your launcher>/databases/
Most 3rd party launchers allow you to backup and restore their settings without hassle.

Haha :), yes XY problem here :)
I am pissed to add folders and icons to my home screen and after each restart to loose them. Tried all written here(type of backups), but nothing help to my Lenovo s750.
I am with custom rom and the launcher Launcher GEL (Google Experience Launcher di Android 4.4). Can;t find it in my /data/data/... anyway.
This launcher don't has possibility to backup and restore its settings or I can't find it.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I am pissed to add folders and icons to my home screen and after each restart to loose them. Tried all written here(type of backups), but nothing help to my Lenovo s750.
I am with custom rom and the launcher Launcher GEL (Google Experience Launcher di Android 4.4). Can;t find it in my /data/data/... anyway.
This launcher don't has possibility to backup and restore its settings or I can't find it.
You shouldn't lose your folders/icons after a restart, I don't know why that is happening.
The GEL is integrated in Google Search so you'll need to backup that. You can use a backup app if you want, such as oandbackup or Titanium Backup.

Reactions: RootedLee

zest

Jan 8, 2008
You shouldn't lose your folders/icons after a restart, I don't know why that is happening.
The GEL is integrated in Google Search so you'll need to backup that. You can use a backup app if you want, such as oandbackup or Titanium Backup.

WOW, this works !!! Thank you a lot!!
I didn't knew that Google Search is this what I must backup to restore my home screen icons and folders :good:

DerDoktorEsq

Jan 26, 2014
Long Beach
backup to restore my home screen icons and folders?

this is in to reference to a reply from "ZEST" a Junior Member:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642498

He quoted " Google Search is this what I must backup to restore my home screen icons and folders" How is this done?
I still didn't get an answer to my question, or his, where are shortcut from the desk top kept? and can i create one to go to a html file on my SD card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.