[Q] Freeze non-System apps?

Search This thread

yousefs

Jan 12, 2014
plus.google.com
I'm Running Android 4.0.4 ICS and i freezed some System apps, but, how can i freeze non system apps? i only see uninstall option.:cyclops:
Plus, i'm not rooted:D

For eg. i want oto freeze FireFox

Last edited:

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
I'm Running Android 4.0.4 ICS and i freezed some System apps, but, how can i freeze non system apps? i only see uninstall option.:cyclops:

Most ROMs don't have that option in the app settings, you can use it through Link2SD but it probably needs root

Reactions: yousefs

DH4NU5H

Nov 25, 2013

Move firefox to system/app set permission and reboot, it becomes system app.u will get disable option u don't need app to do this stuff.

Sent from my ST25i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013

Freezing is essentially uninstalling except the program is not deleted since it cannot be deleted because the system pertition is mounted read-only.
Normally you freez application that you wish do uninstall but can't so why would you want to freez application that you can uninstall?

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
Freezing is essentially uninstalling except the program is not deleted since it cannot be deleted because the system pertition is mounted read-only.
Normally you freez application that you wish do uninstall but can't so why would you want to freez application that you can uninstall?

You get update notifications for disabled apps (say an update broke something and now it's always in the background wasting CPU cycles) or it's just a seasonal thing (like I do for the Lucca Comics countdown, heh)

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
No there is no update notification for disabled apps.
If you want to have an update notification then just force stop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Most ROMs don't have that option in the app settings, you can use it through Link2SD but it probably needs root